Mordy 2: The Mirror of Truth

Started by Mordalles, Tue 31/01/2006 19:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

yutftyv

Dreamless

"This game has been removed.

WARNING! This game has been rated "Frequent, strong" for violence, and is therefore unlikely to be suitable for children or people who are easily offended."

*Copied from the gamepage.*

Steel Drummer

I contacted Mordalles himself and he told me all of his dark, dark, dark secrets and explained that he is the priest of a satanic cult and the cult demanded that he remove the game. Another reason was because it took up 130MB to download (around 24 hours on 56K) and it wasn't very popular (or so Mordalles says).
I'm composing the music for this game:

m0ds

Quoteit wasn't very popular

7 pages of replies seems to suggest otherwise...

Mordalles

to clarify:
i removed the game because looking at the download count, it was not increasing anymore. thus, it seemed like everyone who was going to download the game, has done it by now, so it didnt see any  reason for asking someone else to host a 140mb game for me any longer.   ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Nikolas

Mordy:

If you don't mind I would like to host it.

I hope that it won't kill my trafic...

honestly send it over (as I had my drives erased due to a virus) and I'll host it. :)

:D

Take care also,

Nikolas

linus

Well, if people haven't been downloading your game recently, it's certainly not because they don't like it, Mordalles. It's just that it isn't widely known yet (which is very unfortunate, because it is a terrific game). Putting it in your signature and creating new games (maybe smaller ones) from time to time might help.

It seems it still can be downloaded here:

http://pc.hrej.cz/plne-hry/adventura/2d-adventura/mordy-2/download/hratelna-dema/Mordy2.zip/?stahuj

Ashkante

And how about the new members ? This is an expanding community and even if they don't hear about it right away when people play your latest games , like the excellent Duty and Beyond , they would want to download your previous games.I, for one, am going to do so!

Hammer

Quote from: linus on Sun 09/07/2006 08:20:50
Well, if people haven't been downloading your game recently, it's certainly not because they don't like it, Mordalles. It's just that it isn't widely known yet (which is very unfortunate, because it is a terrific game). Putting it in your signature and creating new games (maybe smaller ones) from time to time might help.

It seems it still can be downloaded here:

http://pc.hrej.cz/plne-hry/adventura/2d-adventura/mordy-2/download/hratelna-dema/Mordy2.zip/?stahuj

Linus,

Thank you very much for the link! Now, where can I find Mordy 1??? (Surely that one isn't too big...)

Steel Drummer

I downloaded it the other day, since we got high speed internet a while ago, and the game is CRAZZYYYY!!!! The characters don't even look 3d, they look like clay or something, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

thewalrus

I dowloaded a long time ago, but I am still playing the first game in the series. I've actually been looking for a walkthrough for the first installment. Does anyone know of one anywhere? (I've tried doing searches for one with no luck)
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Mordalles

thanks, steel drummer!

walrus, i'm not aware of a walkthrough, but most of what you have to do has been covered here: http://americangirlscouts.org/bbc.com/yabb/index.php?topic=22727.0
;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Fleshstalker

Sorry to post in a old topic, but does this game link from the AGS page actually work? I've downloaded a large file game only to get screwed when unzipping the file.

I just do't want to get screwed again especially withis this huge file. I got a download manager so it will take me 3-4 days tops.

Ah screw it! I got meself a download manager and downloading it! Already 10MB down! YAY! :D

Well, looks like the link to the download keeps giving me a new download once I stop and resume. Stupid ass website that is linked to it probably doesn't have the resume feature. BASTARDS. Looks like I'll have to wait till I get high speed intaweb.  >:(

Centurion

Dead stuck with life key
Spoiler
Tried everything on everything with no success. I have no idea what pitchforks is for, also sniper rifle, and just got a rope, not used anywhere yet. I can't ride a boat, i don't know what fountain of young is for. Upthere it's said something like "for key of life read book in the hall of the inn", yes i did, nothing interesting there, just a name, innkeeper told where that guy lives.
[close]

Centurion

Thanks a lot done it, still i found not mentioned bugs:
Spoiler
1) You can fill bucklet with water again, after you fresh dude falled from duel arena, and instead of getting one filled bucklet you got one filled and one empty
2)In hell escaping i used pipe and wire again on lasers and this crashed game, probably i must not have them, maybe that was because i kept my bucklets
[close]

TheCheese33

I had no idea this was even released! Mordalles, I enjoyed the first one, and you need to let everyone know of this second one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Steel Drummer

Don't blame Mordalles for not publicizing his game; he's a South african, and from what I've seen, they're very humble about these sorts of things. Buloght (a superb South african pixeler) thinks his own art needs improvement. But everyone else thinks otherwise. :)

If Mordy 2 was Dave Gilbert's game, it would probably be remade with tons of features and updated graphics (not like they need to be), and it would probably go commercial. Nothing against Dave, but I like the down-to-earth, laid-back South Africans better. On the other hand, I am somewhat surprised that Mordy 2 hasn't received as much attention as other games, like Spooks, or The Shivah, but that doesn't make the game any less great. In fact, this is probably one of the best AGS games, in part due to the amazing 3D rendered graphics, which almost look like claymation. You are a great developer, Mordalles, and I'm anticipating your next AGS game(s)! If you need any help with any games (mainly the musical side of things), don't hesitate to PM me.   

Afflict

This is one of the games you will get labeled as a cult classic. Man this game was something else, weird and wonderful. Unfortunately when the size gets huge like this people tend to avoid the download... Thats their loss, the game was awesome.

The Commercial vs Non commercial is completely up to the developer. I respect the guys making commercial games I do agree they have the right to get reimbursed for their efforts and good efforts at that. I like Dave Gilberts games, and I think it's awesome what he is doing. I also respect what every other developer that makes non commercial games are doing, providing us with amazing games that we can play for free, and just have fun.

Comparing the two is impossible, (commercial vs non commercial) Let's face it, commercial games are starting to get more skilled people to join into one specific game and they all work together to make it great. You get the game in a nice realistic time frame, and it has good quality. Whilst the non commercial games are made generally one person in their spare time creating the game purely because they love to make games. There is no guarantee the game will ever see the light of day, or get updated or have extras and more features.

I however believe that if Buloght / Mordalles ever do attempt to create a commercial game you can put me on the pre buyer list at no1 cause they have a good history in game creation. I would have gladly paid for Duty & Beyond, it's to this day my most favorite game on AGS. Regardless of the graphics, I love the game purely because of its content. Sure I would love to see the game in a nice hi res graphic version with a awesome composed sound and loads of extras and features, but let's face it the highly adorable awesome pixel graphics have become part of what made it great. (To me anyway) And to state the blatantly obvious hectic graphics would take ages to complete. The game is HUGE, if you have played it you would know how much gfx there are already in the game.

Ok so before I ramble to much off topic, I just want to say once again. Amazing game Mordalles, keep me on your no1 buy spot for any commercial games in future :)

Steel Drummer

And I'd be number 2 on your list! I doubt that Mordalles would ever make any commercial games, because he doesn't seem to care about money, and he cares more about people having fun playing a good game.

Afflict

Probably not but it's people like Mordalles we need in commercial game dev.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk