Mordy 2: The Mirror of Truth

Started by Mordalles, Tue 31/01/2006 19:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Hey! Thanks!

It was worth it!

I hope that you succed in the commercial buisness... And if you need any help you know where to find it ;)

It's nice to know your real name.

A second Erik is in town!

Ps. The game rocks bigtime! The dialogues are hillarious! I can't believe that you managed to get guybrush in there! LOL

AlbinoPanther

Hey Mordy still downloading we will have to wait 6 hours to enjoy Mordy 2.
And yesterday we replayed Mordy 1 so now we are ready to go only if this dial up could be faster  :P

Uku

I'm downloading, but can you, mordalles give me direct link, my brovsers download stops if only 4mb remaining.so i need ...mordy2.rar link, to get it with getright. thankyou, waitind so forvard to play.

EDIT/it takes me 30 minutes to download it.

downloading...
PS!sorry for my english.

MissyChelle

This is the most awesome game ever!! And I LOOOOVE my character! :D I'm not done it yet, I'm a little stuck, but I'm getting there! :)
~*MissyChelle*~

Mordalles

thx, nikolas!

ljubi, im sorry about the download time!

uku, the direct link? the link i posted will take you straight to the direct link, and the only link. im not sure what you mean?

missychelle, if you are happy, then im happy.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

mags_don

lovin it just LOVIN it!!!Ã,  ;D... great game all the way around! just a tad stuck now but hope i can go further. just when i think i need dire help, i figure it out! thats whats cool about this game, deep thinking. :P

Cees

The winsetup.exe made my computer crash several times.
It won,t open,just crash the pc.
The game .exe does work but takes a very long time to open.
What could be wrong??

ps the game is looking very professional!

Mordalles

that is weird. i just opened the winsetup, and nothing seems to be wrong.
i also dont know why its slow. what computer do you have? are you playing it in windows?

vict0r

Okay game. Good renderings, but a bit lacking on the dialogues and story, and the "wooden" GUI is, IMO, just tacky, and annoying. Personally, i dont see what all the fuzz is about, but i'll let you have your opinions. Before you all attack me, i would like to say that i dont mean to insult anyone, just saying what i mean. :)
And good to see that at least someone is finishing their game :)

Cees

Playing it in windows xp home version.
512mb ram P3 1Ghz
Geforce2
Directx 9.0c
The first Mordy (on holiday) played just fine. I don,t understand this either.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Mordalles

Quote from: Cees on Wed 01/02/2006 21:58:53
Playing it in windows xp home version.
512mb ram P3 1Ghz
Geforce2
Directx 9.0c
The first Mordy (on holiday) played just fine. I don,t understand this either.

Thanks for your fast reply.

wow, you have a faster pc than i do! i have absolutely no idea! i'll ask around, but i have no idea what the problem could be! maybe chris will know something.Ã,  ???

Mordalles

Quote from: vict0r on Wed 01/02/2006 21:55:57
Okay game. Good renderings, but a bit lacking on the dialogues and story, and the "wooden" GUI is, IMO, just tacky, and annoying. Personally, i dont see what all the fuzz is about, but i'll let you have your opinions. Before you all attack me, i would like to say that i dont mean to insult anyone, just saying what i mean. :)
And good to see that at least someone is finishing their game :)

i dont mind. no offense taken. atleast you tried it.  ;)

Cees

Okay. I just wait and see what might be the problem.
In the meantime i'm going to enjoy this very nice game although it takes a while before it loads. Patience is not my strongest thing ;D
Thanks again for your effort in solving this and congratulating you with this peace of fine art!

ildu

The winsetup exe and the game exe are very slow for me as well. Also, on the first try I didn't get any sounds. And it's not my comp's fault, at least not of power (Athlon XP 3000+, Radeon 9800 Pro, 1gig dual ddr, Win XP). I'm guessing it's got some memory problems that the engine finds difficult to handle.

Also, what in the game is taking up so much space? It's 500megs for God's sake. At first I thought it must've been the music, probably being compressed incorrectly, but the music package doesn't take that much space. So what the hell is eating up the HD?

DonB

*BUUUUUURP*
..sorry that was me eating the HD-space.. ;D

serious now: I'm downloading it right away mordalles! curious!

Mordalles

Quote from: ildu on Wed 01/02/2006 22:58:36
The winsetup exe and the game exe are very slow for me as well. Also, on the first try I didn't get any sounds. And it's not my comp's fault, at least not of power (Athlon XP 3000+, Radeon 9800 Pro, 1gig dual ddr, Win XP). I'm guessing it's got some memory problems that the engine finds difficult to handle.

Also, what in the game is taking up so much space? It's 500megs for God's sake. At first I thought it must've been the music, probably being compressed incorrectly, but the music package doesn't take that much space. So what the hell is eating up the HD?

yeah, ags got tested on this game. haha, in the last month of working on this game, the game took about 10 minutes just to load into ags, and about 15 minutes to compile! just imagine me sitting there, clicking "test game" and then remembering i wanted to fix something, so i have to wait 15 minutes for the game to finish compiling and then fix the little thing, and then recompile again for 15 miuntes. haha. it was agonising!

the size, i think is due to the sprites, which was over 1500 i think, and a lot of the backgrounds are animated, like the water in the screenshot, which meant 5 backgrounds for one room. and there are 72 rooms in the game. and then, each background had a lot of colours. colours make a lot of difference.

im sorry about the download size, but i didnt want to compromise.  :P

oh, victor, there are shortcuts if u find the gui annoying (which btw is exactly the same most other ags game.)

Barbarian

Hey Mordy, I just d-loaded your game (the download took less than 4 minutes for me using broadband speed and a download accellerator / manager - Just in case anyone was interested in what I used for this, it's a free utility called StarDownloader , on the Download page there look for the Free version. Works great, and no spyware / adware or virus junk in it either).

Ummm, oh yeah, sorry, got off track there.
Ã,  Ã, Played the game for a little bit.. So far it looks great!Ã,  My compliments to you on such a good job.

Ã,  Ã, I have a fairly fast computer and running XP, and I found the game starting up time to be okay (a little delay, but not too long - less than 10 seconds).

Ã,  Ã, Though because each persons computer will have some slightly different configurations, hardware, programs / apps running in the background, drivers, etc.. the game's loadability and playing speed can vary from computer to computer.Ã,  For people playing the current game as it is, it's possible you might get improved performance by disabling or exiting any programs or applications that may be running in the background, perhaps adjust some of the game's setting via the Winsetup options, and having a recent version of DirectX and drivers for your graphics card.

Ã,  Ã, Mordalles: I found as a project gets larger and larger, yes, there will be some slowdowns in the loading times and/or performance of the game. However, I also found that using the "Resources split..." option from the AGS editor before compiling th game can help greatly with this.Ã,  I'm working on a fairly large-size project myself at the moment, and instead of compiling my game into just one very-large .exe file, I use the "Resources split..." option, setting the number for "2" Mb, and I find the game's performance greatly improved.Ã,  So, that's something you might consider doing with your game as well.

The following is a copy & paste about it from the AGS manual:

"Splitting resource files

Some people found that once their game became large, the single EXE file was slow at changing rooms. AGS now includes an option to split up the resource files into smaller chunks to avoid this happening. On the General Settings pane you'll notice a checkbox "Split resource files up into X Mb". If you tick this, then type in a number such as 1 or 2, then save the game, the game data will be split up into chunks that size, named GAME.001, GAME.002 and so on.
Some resources are still combined into the EXE file but all the rooms will be placed into the other files. If you use this option, you need to distribute your game's EXE file plus all the GAME.00? files."
---------------------------------------------
Ã,  Ã,  Anyways, it might be worth a try.

Okay, time to get back to playing your game for a bit.Ã,  ;)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Wretched

I really am enjoying this romp of a game. The 30ish hour download using getright on 2.8k per second was a bit of a bind. Anyway DO IT!

Don't use Test Game. There is a instant way of testing stuff. Copy acwin.exe into the game directory, setup a shortcut in the quicklaunch area of windows then just save your room, script, what ever then click the shortcut and the game plays without the friggin exe building.

A few bugs, if you use any inventory item on the Alhoa Mura(?) spell the gui closes and you can not get the gui back unless you move to a different room.
also
Spoiler
Shoot terrorist then open inventory gui and wait. The Game hangs.
[close]

On a personal dislike, I don't like the see through buttons on the GUI. To me it just looks wrong.

Apart for that the 3D cartoon style is working better than I thought it would, you can almost order the rooms in the order they were built, you're definatly getting the hang of 3D stuff. Anims are great and add a lot to the game.

Good work. Keep it up.
EDIT: Finished! Yes I want to see Mordy 3

Mordalles

thx for the advice guys! ill definitely try that split resources, and i will fix the bugs.

but it might be a while before i will be able to upload it, since i'm relying on someone else with broadband for that. (i have dial-up myself).

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, but just one thing: use ClickTeam's PatchMaker, please. If you upload a new version, we'll have to download all those MBs again... it's the difference between a 130mb download and a -3mbs download.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk