Mordy 2: The Mirror of Truth

Started by Mordalles, Tue 31/01/2006 19:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

Quote from: Rui "Shodan" Pires (a divine AI) on Thu 02/02/2006 12:39:25
Ok, but just one thing: use ClickTeam's PatchMaker, please. If you upload a new version, we'll have to download all those MBs again... it's the difference between a 130mb download and a -3mbs download.

yeah, thats a brilliant idea. thx!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

ida

Brillant graphics! Really impressed with this game  :D

Thanks so much for taking so much time over this game.

Joseph DiPerla

Hey Mordalles, I uploaded a mirror file as you requested.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Mordalles

thx ida! im glad you like it!

thats awesome, joseph! thanks a lot!  ;D

mags_don

WooHoo!! Finished it..no wait.... :'(..now what am i gonna do or play ??? do you ever play a game that you wish just wouldnt end? This was one of them I have to say.the detail you had in the hall where the pictures were and in the treasurary, on the floor,etc..was AWESOME.i mean it! the swinging light with the shadows...great!!!! Great story line,all made sense. Thouroughly enjoyed it...Make more make MORE! Keep up the good work.

Mordalles

thanks mags_don! that really means a lot! and i think you are the first to finish it, that i know of! congrats! i'll definitely make more!  ;D

mags_don

i have one question tho..the alternative ending..the..uh not so nice one...
Spoiler
im in the cell,got the piece of metal, pipe,wire..put them together...now what? and i think i found a bug because when i tried to put the metal piece with the pipe and wire your icon bar disappears and have to reload.
[close]

scourge

Spoiler

try telekinesis with the pipe and wire.
[close]

mags_don

Thanks buloght!!! i thought i had tried everything.Sounds like buloght is the FIRST...congrats. ;D

ildu

I haven't played a lot, but I congratulate you on the game, Mordalles. Reminds me a lot of Discworld Noir. Anyways, I'm looking forward to your next game and I'm eagerly waiting to see where your talents take you next :).

Mordalles

yeah, but buloght did beta-testing, so he didn't count, mags_don! he had help, you didnt!

thanks ildu!  ;D man, that reminds me, i still have to get myself a copy of discworld noir.

Uku

nope i cant download it, it freezes on about 30%every time.
so mordalles you dont know www.something.something/something.../mordy2.zip/.rar adress.?
anyway if i dindt mantioned before then know best 3d graphic in this forum-so good lookin.;)
and is game 3d or lookin like 3d
PS!sorry for my english.

Mordalles

thanks uku!
no, i dont know.  :-
but, have you tried the mirror download?
here it is:

MIRROR

Barbarian

Quote from: Uku on Fri 03/02/2006 14:27:53
you dont know www.something.something/something.../mordy2.zip/.rar adress.?

If you right-click on a file-link and choose "Open in a new window", even if the link "re-directs", such as is the case with many AGS game links, in the new browser window you will see the address of the actual file link after the re-direct. Then you could simply copy & paste the url address into something like a download manager.

But it's still good to click on the link as provided by the AGS members, as most of the game's creators want to keep a rough "count" of how many times the game is being downloaded, and using the link directed through the AGS site will activate the counter.

Cheers.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Kaelem Gaen

Ran into a Bug... After saving a few times, my Save Game name dissappeared... and stuff started going weird, um... for example I have like 20 games some how saved on it, when I was only saving on one file.  Not sure if anyone else ran into that problem
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Not wanting to butt in where I don't actually know, but if I can hazard a guess, it sounds like MOrdalles didn't put a check in a custom Save GUI. And when you do that and it reaches 20, it can act a bit weird.

Terric, one thing you can do is go to your gamefolder and delete some savegames. They're the ones that say "agssave". The smaller the number, the earlier your savegame is. You probably don't need the first 5 or so savegames anymore.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Mordalles

i actually did put in a check to see if you have saved 20 times or not. if you select a savegame, and then save, it will overwrite that savegame, but if you select a savegame, and type something else in, it will save it in a new slot. if you didnt type in anything, he will save in a new slot without any name. if you already have 20 savegames and you type in a new save name, he will overwrite the last savegame.
my guess is you saved each time with nothing typed in the textbox, , so he kept on saving in a new slot? but i might be wrong.

but ill go and have a look anyway. i might have made a mistake somewhere. thx for letting me know.  ;)

Mordalles

i just tested the saving, and i couldnt find any bug.
i saved 20 times, and the message saying that i cant save more than 20 came up (although, it was a bit unreadable  ;D), and i tried saving again, and everything worked fine. he automatically overwrote the last save game.

so, terricmoonborn, i think you kept on saving without typing anything in the textbox and withouth selecting a current save game, so the game kept on saving in an new slot without any caption. therefore, when you brought up the load screen, you saw a lot of save game without captions (there it just looked like a blank screen), and the save game with the caption wasnt on screen. you had to scroll down to get to it.

i think ill change it so that when you dont type in anything in the textbox, that the game wil then save it as "default" or maybe even put the time in there. that will eliminate confusion, i think.

thx.

Pumaman

Quote from: Cees on Wed 01/02/2006 21:49:07
The winsetup.exe made my computer crash several times.
It won,t open,just crash the pc.
The game .exe does work but takes a very long time to open.
What could be wrong??

Some anti-virus and security programs, such as Zone Alarm, automatically scan EXE files when you run them.

Because this game has a large (> 500 MB) exe file, it could well be that your anti-virus program is scanning the whole file before it actually lets you launch the game, which would cause quite a slowdown.

Mordalles, the easiest way to avoid this is to set the "Split game resources" on, and set the split file size to 100 MB or something -- that way, the EXE should remain small so as not to cause problems with anti-virus software.

As a temporary fix for Cees/ildu, you could try temporarily disabling ZoneAlarm or applications of that type and see if it fixes the load time. However I woudln't recommend doing so while you're connected to the internet, for obvious reasons.

passer-by

Quote from: Pumaman on Sat 04/02/2006 12:05:22
As a temporary fix for Cees/ildu, you could try temporarily disabling ZoneAlarm or applications of that type and see if it fixes the load time.
Still crashes and it won't even let me delete the file or My Documents or/and Bin freeze.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk