X-prite Jam: Vth Feb to XIIth of Feb. "From eighties to nineties..."

Started by Nacho, Sun 05/02/2006 14:37:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Remember the sprites of the end of the eighties and the early nineties? How cool they seemed at the beginning and how shabby after the remakes of the nineties!

Do the same! Convert any of the old sprites you want into something new and cartoony, in the style of Ben Full throttle, CMI Guybrush or Bernard. Of couse, Sierra and other non-LEC companies sprites are allowed.

EXAMPLE:

50 X 150high pixels as much. 16 colours plus background colour.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Nacho

50 X 150 pixels, 16 colours (17 counting the background one...) IT's in my first post man!   :D

Corey

could you post a few examples of game from that time?? i was born in 1990 so...
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

Redwall

I was born in 1989 but I have copies of pretty much ever LucasArts adventure game from 1988 - 1998. :P

I think this is intended to be something of a nostalgia trip; so if you don't know any examples, don't enter.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Damien

Quote50 X 150 pixels, 16 colours (17 counting the background one...) IT's in my first post man!
Silly me, I thought that were the dimensions and colors used in your example.

Corey

Quote from: Redwall on Sun 05/02/2006 16:00:58

I think this is intended to be something of a nostalgia trip; so if you don't know any examples, don't enter.

i know what you mean but this topic sure sounds like fun and alot to learn  :)
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

MrColossal

http://www.mobygames.com/home

It's quite easy to do your own research, just type in names of old adventure games or search on The Underdogs by year.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Nacho

I thought this was not going to create controversy... I want to see King Graham, Sonny Bonds, Roger Wilco, Guybrush, Indiana Jones, Larry Vales, Bobbin Treadbare, Elaine Marley, Zack McCracken... In 50X150, 16 colours.

I won't be bad. If you pick an old arcade game I will allow you to enter. Wanna pick Luke Skywalker or The Mario Bross? Ok... try to make him Fullthrottlish... Come on people! Enties, entries, entries!!!

scourge

3x

I tried simon from the first game. I'm definitely gonna do more. This is a fun topic :)
Done 12 colours, 50x120

[EDIT] OK, I made another one. THIS IS MY OFFICIAL ENTRY (unless you like the other one better farlanderÃ,  ;) )
It's guybrush and titled what if ... what if
3x

Done 12 colours, 50x112

Nacho

scourge

I made another entry that I spend more time on ... in previous post.

Krysis

Its Bob from MI1. You know... LeChuck's undead buddy... his head used to fall alot.
Now I feel like making a game or something.Ã,  ;D
Ã,         Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 

EDIT: I made another version.Ã,  ;D

Sam.

heavily influenced by full throttle:

2x
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Mordalles

2x 14 colours, 127x167 (50x150 was bit unrealistic  :P)

crap, i know.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Nacho

Sorry, but there are million things to do (Choosing another char, make it smaller, changing the pose...) before exceding the limitations. I can't accept the entry. I am deeply  sorry.

Nikolas

Quote from: buloght on Mon 06/02/2006 01:17:44
I made another entry that I spend more time on ... in previous post.
both entries are soooo great! I envy you! REally I do!

..sorry Farl... for the off-topic...

scourge

thanks nikolas!  ;D I envy your music talent!

sorry farlander  ;D

Mordalles

Quote from: Farlander on Mon 06/02/2006 20:02:32
Sorry, but there are million things to do (Choosing another char, make it smaller, changing the pose...) before exceding the limitations. I can't accept the entry. I am deeplyÃ,  sorry.

since i have about 0.0001% of winning a sprite jam, who cares?  8)

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Nacho

Hehehe Mordalles...

But you had more chances than you thought. Bulought is out too for using the poor Nikolas for boasting about his sprite.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk