Spooks!

Started by The Ivy, Tue 14/02/2006 21:24:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ivy

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!Ã,  This is more of a response than I expected to get, I'm so glad you liked the game.Ã,  Hopefully this'll launch my line of Spooks-related merchandise.Ã,  Would anyone pay $15 American for a t-shirt that said "It's a ghoul thing" with a picture of Mortia? Heh, I kid ;)

Petteri: Ha, so you're the tricky person who found the game within 30 seconds of it being posted. :PÃ,  Man, I was hoping to keep it a bit under the radar until I got back from class and had time to post the Completed Game announcement.Ã,  Clearly, I underestimated you and the 15 others who found it.Ã,  Hey, thanks for your lovely review on the games page. :)

Totoro: Cool, glad you like the "colour" scheme.Ã,  I just thought I'd add that one day, I hope to understand your avatar. ;)

i k a r i: Thanks, the story and the dialogs were a lot of fun to write, although I think Mortia accidentally ended up with my sense of humour.Ã,  Or, what I imagine my sense of humour would be like if I were dead and slightly more destructive.

Scorp: I hope everyone who plays this gets at least one of your songs stuck in their head. ;)

Nikolas: Awesome, let me know what you think when you finish it!

buloght: Heh, sorry about the "false advertising." ;) You must be just be a gifted adventurer.Ã,  The animation that you mentioned took me almost a month working off and on to get right.Ã,  Hey, would you make a "cutey monster" sprite of Mortia?Ã,  Heh, if you want...:P

Vince: Aww, stop it...

Xenogia: Wicked, let me know how it goes :-,

SimB: Yay, thanks for the encouragement!Ã,  I might just have some other game ideas floating around in my head already...although I think I'm going to give myself a few weeks "vacation." :PÃ,  By the way, the typo just got fixed "without evidence" according to Vince.

Barbarian: Whoa, that means a lot coming from you, thanks!Ã,  I did put a lot of time into this game, but I hope it came through that I had a lot of fun while I was doing it.Ã,  Most of the characters took on their personalities shortly after I doodled them in Paint, and it was really enjoyable to think of ways that Mortia would react to them (or how they would to her :)).Ã,  If there's one thing that'll be a big part of any game I work on, it'll be the story.

SteveMcCrea: Aw, thanks, that's a really nice analogy...
Spoiler
and kinda fitting, I think, given the circumstances
[close]
Ã,  I wanted the ending to be a real reward for the player after going through the whole adventure, and hopefully I didn't disappoint :-,.Ã,  Oh, and I'll be more careful about my typos next time ;).

ProgZmax: Thanks, I appreciate it a lot!Ã,  One day I hope my pixellation skills will be as good as yours...let's just say there's a reason I only used nine shades of gray ;).

Erenan: Er...sorry! :-[ Geez, I wonder how I missed that, I don't even know who Luke Wilson is!Ã,  I've sent a fixed version of the credits to Vince to put in the game from now on,Ã,  Ã, I hope that sounds okay.Ã,  I'm really glad to hear that you liked the ending scene, though. :-,

Edmundo: Oh, don't worry, I'll make sure it's not forgotten ( ::puts on brass knuckles:: ).Ã,  Hehe, thanks for the "craftsmanship" comment, that makes the game sound very classy!Ã,  I'll have to share that designation with my team, of course...I know they're lurking around here somewhere. ;)Ã, 

Bluber: Eh?Ã,  Didn't you win that competition?Ã,  I'm a little confused.

ManicMatt: Sweet, let me know how it goes...I'll be here.

Afflict: Thanks, it was actually my little sister who coached me on MSPaint.Ã,  You might see a game from her too, eventually...she hasn't been around for a while but she goes by "AllThatGlitters."

Love the feedback, guys, can't wait to hear what more of you think :).

Fisher

Just finished the game!

Great job! I really enjoyed this one........I hope you plan on making more-----GREAT job!

Fizzii

Loved the colours. And the ending was very good though I was disappointed that
Spoiler
she didn't have the same hairstyle ;)
[close]

j/k

Seriously, the personalities/dialogues of the characters were cool - esp Mortia. And the puzzles were fun. Looking forward to any future games!

magintz

I loved this game, it was very well written and the dialogue was very professional impo.

good work, i'm looking forward to your next game ^_^
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Grapefruitologist

Darn. I can't open it because it's a .rar file, and my Powerzip program-I need to purchase now.
Is there a way I can get it in a .zip file or something?
(\ _ /)
(o.o )
(>< )
This is Bunny
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IIO2qpSsUTA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-p7xaeYes

Kweepa

Download the trial version of WinRAR from www.rarlabs.com.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

CodeJunkie

Quote from: Grapefruitologist on Thu 16/02/2006 01:20:56
Darn. I can't open it because it's a .rar file
Use WinRAR - It's a 40 day trial, but there are no limitations after that, except that it asks that you buy a licensed version. Ã, What you do after the 40 days is your choice, but it's fine in the meantime.

Edit: Gah, this forum's too fast.

Gilbert

Or, better, use the free 7-Zip.

Vince Twelve

Sorry, Ivy actually asked me to make a .zip version for people (like Ivy herself) who didn't know what to do with .rar files.  I'll get on that.  But, yeah: WinRar.

Rosie

Thank you for that great game....
Good story, artwork.  You really had some nice thoughts in that production.  Thanks for a good, clean game and many hours of enjoyment.

CosmoQueen

Sounds very interesting and it looks like you really put a lot of hard work into it. Consider it downloaded!!! :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ggp

Really loved this one - one of the very few games that can make me giggle with the jokes! Please get onto making another game ASAP!

scourge

How can I deny a lady's request, hmmm.

(3x)

Afflict

Mordalles

this is a real classic!

the way colours are being used in their contrastic ways, the characters has personality, some great inventive ideas (
Spoiler
like using bones as money, grey pages, die-ary, hehe, scary-go-round, carnage-val, hehe
[close]
), i found the puzzles logical and great story, and some of the animation were really awesome. and i also loved the music.

this game is really a piece of art. great going, ivy!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

ManicMatt

Ok so I was too tempted last night and played 20 minutes of the game!

Can't think of anything that hasn't already been said... but anyway I'm loving this game! I love in particular the responses the main character gives to interacting with things. Good humour, neat character designs, and cool music!

provost

I am not from this board.. I am an sci game maker.. my friend chris moorson (the scorposer) told me about this game, and I had to post and just say how amazed I am at it.

The concept of the game, the story line and the graphic layouts.. black and white for the dead and color for the living, the whole thing just seemed like it jumped right from the mind of tim burton.  It completely stunning. 

Well done.

vict0r

Ah, what a great game!

Gregjazz

This looks fantabulous! :)

Downloading...

ManicMatt

Finished it! Left me wanting more!

One of my top ten fave AGS games, that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk