The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

I am looking forward to this title even 10 x more now.

I am glad to know that you guys keep working harder and harder at achieving a greater level and welcome the critics you get!

Keep it up

Great Work

Afflict!

CaptainBinky

Cheers, Afflict!

Here's the Seahorse Island newspaper with some small plot tidbits...

A Lemmy & Binky Production

lemmy101

Thanks for the kind words Afflict! Indeed we're always open to constructive critisism :D

On a side note, Dan Marshall over at gibbage.co.uk for some reason deemed us worthy of an interview! You can read it by following this link:

http://gibbage.co.uk/Interviews/

(While you're there, I also highly recommend you download the demo of Gibbage and give it a blast. One of the best indie games out there IMO and worth much more than the pittance Dan's asking for it. :))

Mordalles

hey guys! great to see the progress! even though im still sulking about not being able to animate the girl  :'( (well, officially, haha), im really looking forward to the game.  ;D
the newspaper, the title and the main character all reminds me a lot of the fifth element (the movie). did you find any inspiration there? and will milla make a guest appearance?  ;D
keep up the amazing work.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

lemmy101

Utter coincidence. We came up with the name, then thought "ahhh, it's a bit like the 5th element"... then we thought "ahh sod it, it's better than "Nurse boobie Girl and her adventures on Seahorse Island" ;)

True story :D

Well, the bit about the name being similar to 5th Element is anyway, given the effect of *that pic* "nurse boobie girl" would probably be a more marketable name even if totally inappropriate for our game  ;)

CaptainBinky

We also thought "Our game is set on an island - under no circumstances should the island be named after an animal (like Monkey, for example)". Then we forgot about it, realised that the island looked a bit like a Seahorse, and called it Seahorse Island.

Fortunately, Monkey Island looked like a parrot. Seahorse Island looks like a seahorse. See? Completely different!

thewalrus

I have not yet got around to commenting on this game but it looks most promising. I am eagerly awaiting the realease of a demo for this great looking game. On another note, has there been any music added to the game at this point? I was wondering if you are planning on writting original music or using music that is already written. Just curious.....

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

CaptainBinky

Hi thewalrus, I am the egg man!

Thanks for your comments! As for music, this is being taken care of by none other than the critically acclaimed Nikolas Sideris, of Tale of Two Kingdoms (http://www.taleoftwokingdoms.com) and Thale Cres (http://www.thalecres.com) fame! So yes, it'll be original and (if Nikolas' other stuff is anything to go by) utterly fab!

Cheers,

Cap'n Binky

CaptainBinky

Hi all,

A quick update with a couple of new screenies...

The map screen is a prototype version to test the system - the graphic in the top left fades in and out as you move your mouse over the (placeholder) location hotspots. And I'll be re-drawing the compass at some point because the one I've done here is rubbish :)

edit: By the way, if you're wondering why in the screenshots the only inventory object shown is a coathanger... well there's 2 reasons for this. Firstly, inventory objects can give away what happens in the game to some extent and secondly, the placeholder items we've drawn look really, really bad :)

Cheers,

Cap'n Binky

i k a r i

If your game is half the fun your interview is, then it will be a 10 points game...

I cant wait to play it..
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

G

Holy Cow!

With such a game like this, I'll have to work harder if I want my game to denote amongst all this quality.

Truly nice, indeed. I'm impatient. I want to play this now.

Gord10

Looks very nice! I look forward to play, too.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Mortadelo

Wow! Your graphics are superb!

Good job!
"You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing"

"Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true."

Candall

I have to chime in on the graphics as well.  The detail is really mind-boggling.  I'm very, very impressed with the quality of this game's visuals.

CaptainBinky

Thanks ever so much for the compliments guys! It really means a lot!  :D
Also it encourages us to try harder and harder with every new graphic and scripting that we add in!

:D

Cap'n Binky

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

YAY! UPDATE!!! *throws in a party* :D

I really love to see that the game is developing, and especially the map looks great!

Cheers ;D,
~Yurina
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Mordalles

that last background looks amazing.

*adds lemmy and blinky to my jealous-of-list*

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

EagerMind

Wow. That screenshot of the town is amazing. In addition to all the other stuff you're going to provide, I don't suppose there's any chance you could put up some background tutorials?

Also, it seems like your web page for the game is down. What's up?

Anyway, good luck on finishing this. It looks really promising!

buloght

CaptainBinky

@EagerMind:

Tutorials aren't something we considered since really, there's no difference to how we produce our backgrounds than anybody else. The only things to consider are: We use Photoshop to paint the backgrounds so they are all 24bit, and we use graphics tablets (mine's A4 sized). Once you've determined what your perspective is going to be (and there are loads of tutorials for this already) then it really does just come down to painting it in your own particular style. However that said, if we have time we can certainly look into producing some sort of tutorial. :)

Oh, and the server's been pretty unreliable recently - but this is being addressed at the moment, apparently.

@Yurina-chan:
*Binky does a little dance*

@Mordalles & Buloght:
Thanks! The feeling's mutual - both your stuff rules! :D

Cheers,

Cap'n Binky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk