The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepisher

Hey guys,

The new screenshots look excellent - well in keeping with the high quality that you've already established in the other tidbits you've shared so far, so that's hardly a surprise!

I particularly love the conceit you have going with the map screen - that is, to fade in a little "reminder" at the top left of the screen to help the player link game locations to map locations.  Navigating in adventure games is often tricky because you don't have the same sense of spatial reference you'd use in real life, so that's a really nice touch.  It shows thought and consideration!

Glad to hear that steady progress continues to be made with this game.  I very much look forward to beta-testing it!  And do PM me if ever there's something I can help out with.
"Like a balloon and ... something bad happens!"

lemmy101

Quote from: Sheepisher on Mon 04/09/2006 07:49:31
The new screenshots look excellent - well in keeping with the high quality that you've already established in the other tidbits you've shared so far, so that's hardly a surprise!

Thanks Sheepisher! :D And thanks everyone else we're both extremely proud of how FE is going but such a big project is pretty daunting so all your kind words really help us keep pegging way at it :D

I particularly love the conceit you have going with the map screen - that is, to fade in a little "reminder" at the top left of the screen to help the player link game locations to map locations.  Navigating in adventure games is often tricky because you don't have the same sense of spatial reference you'd use in real life, so that's a really nice touch.  It shows thought and consideration!

Glad you like it! Some of it came from neccessity, in that we wanted the whole island to beon the map screen, so didn't have enough space to put locatons directly on the map. We're trying to get across a sense that these locations, despite being just a map-screen click away, are really part of the island, and trying to get across regional differences, for example a North/South divide, and so people describe how to get to these locations once they become available. Hopefully just by that people will remember that Location X is in the North and so on. The fading alpha location stuff looks lovely when it's running (I can say that 'cause I didn't draw it :D)

Glad to hear that steady progress continues to be made with this game.  I very much look forward to beta-testing it! 

Steady indeed, we just wish we could work on it full-time :D We're looking forward to (or dreading, I've not decided ;)) people beta-testing it too :D

And do PM me if ever there's something I can help out with.

Don't fancy drawing us a tavern, do you? ;D

Thanks everyone!

PS: Does everyone see where the name of the island comes from now?:D

CosmoQueen

OMG those screenshots are killling me!!! Please have this game done soon!!!! Or I might just go insane!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

thewalrus

I can't wait for this game to be released myself..... This game looks so excellent!!! Any idea when it is coming out???

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!!!!!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Nikolas

Well around 200n...

It will be ready when it's ready.

Not there yet...

Only a little more...

Ok. I'm not entitled to an update, but things are moving along quite nicely. There are placeholders everywhere, but the game is...playable in a certain way. That's all I can say for now.

Music wise it's also moving along nicely. Tunes and sfx are getting into place. ;)

But still await the official update from lemmy or binky. And if I remember correctly the first post is edited periodically to include new info and percentage. :)

calacver

Thanks for the update! This game is too good!

lemmy101

Quote from: calacver on Mon 18/09/2006 22:51:03
Thanks for the update! This game is too good!

We're starting to doubt we'll get the prologue done 2006 now, but are hoping for Feb/March time.

Nikolas is right, it'll be done when it's done... but we can definitely see the end in sight.

Remember though this is the prologue, probably an hour of the game... we will still have Act I to Act III to come then :D

calacver

That is great news, cannot wait to play it. And nikolas' music will be brilliant I'm sure!

lemmy101

Updated story info on first post!

Mordalles

great to see some progress. nikolas, you have some catching up to do! 10%   :o ;)

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

CosmoQueen

Wow great to see some progress!! This is the number 1 game I'm most excited about coming out!!!

Love the new screenshots ;) PLEASE HURRY!!! LOL
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Nikolas

Yes...

I know Mordy... I know... :(

But to be honest lemmy and Binky are kinda lying. Because it's 12% of the music that is done. (and 0% on the sound fx... :S brrrrr)

To tell you the truth, we have the main theme (which sounds amazing, BECAUSE I WROTE IT!!!! Muahahaha)... kdding of course. But since the main theme is there, there is guidance on what the rest of the music will be.

And I have some pretty good idea on how the music should be. It just needs some time to find and start writting it actually (remember my thread about lack of time/sleep????)

Anyways.

I'll give you a little something to wait for:

The soundtrack features Sofia Zarami, a Greek singer, who actually is extremly good at what she does (and a good friend of mine). So the soundtrack apart from the sampled orchestral stuff I do, will also have real voice (and *ahem* a choir as well...)

Tempted? ;)

buloght

Goodluck guys, all of the best. Looks purely beautiful. And goodluck nikolas. I am tempted by the music  :D Were the sirens from greek tales? Those mermaids that got to odyseus  :D

CaptainBinky

Thanks Mordalles, CosmoQueen, and Buloght! :D

We're going as fast as we can!
(Should've come up with a shorter Prologue really ;D)

A Lemmy & Binky Production

johnnyfacecake

woah this might be one of the nicest looking 2d adventure gmae ive seen! :D:D the story sounds really interesting love the newspaper idea sounds like a lot of plot going on! keep it up guys this looks and sounds GREAT :D:D!!!

lemmy101

Have a happy new year everybody from Lemmy & Binky!

To celebrate the arrival of 2007, the year when the Forgotten Element Prologue will finally emerge, here are a few bits and bobs from the game:

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quotethe year when the Forgotten Element Prologue will finally emerge

\o/

I get the feeling this is the year that'll see most quality AGS games in a long while...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Da_Elf

lemmy101

GarageGothic

The hair and gown in that walkcycle are absolutely amazing. Was this drawn from any kind of reference?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk