The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

dirk delshire

You guys are awesome! I've been using MS Paint to draw my sprites and Photo Shop to convert them, but now I will happily be able to do both in AGX. If all you did was make updates to AGS I'd be happy with that alone.   
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

lemmy101

Another DP update peeps! :) (yeah yeah I know, it's just we're rapidly approaching the point where showing anything more of TFE prologue itself we'll be giving too much away)

Click for full image.

Note the added features:

* Layers support. They behave very much like photoshop, with locking transparency etc to come.
* Full history support. Ultimately it will allow you to save out an animated gif of the history of single frame pics to allow for step-by-step WIP animations of pixel art.
* DP style palette editor, at the moment allows editing, and spread/ramp between two colours in RGB or HSV colour spaces. Will eventually have drag/drop palette editing and remapping to allow you to easily reorganise and tidy your palette, as well as a bunch of auto sort modes and other cool features.

Other planned features include onion-skinning, slices (setting up marquis areas across frames to export frames to specific filenames or hopefully straight into AGS)

Thanks again for all your support!

L&B Team

(note to mods, would there be a better place to put this stuff? I know it's technically not written *in* AGS like SSH walkcycle generator, but would it be better to have a GiP thread for it as it's not strictly TFE, or is it fine here?)

subspark

Fantastic work Lemmy. Your DP program really shows promise to those who desire that retro adventure look. Bravo! Bravo!

Cheers,
Paul.

23-down

nice it looks like a high quality game.....

I will track this game....

keep it up.. you're doing a fine job.

subspark

Any updates gentlemen? We're just dying for a new screenshot or two! :P

Cheers,
Paul.

Nikolas

On my behalf there is a delay.

I'm moving across countries, trying to finish my PhD, and generally I'm keeping myself extremely busy! On the downside is the fact my whole studio is currently (and for the last month) in boxes traveling across most of Europe. No chance to test anything yet! :( And my house is NOT yet ready!

So I'm commenting that I'll be... late... :-\ (but I'll be there...)

Sorry...

subspark

QuoteSo I'm commenting that I'll be... late... Undecided (but I'll be there...)
Be where exactly? No offense but are you in the right thread? I think your referring to Mittens but I can't be sure. Please clarify.

Cheers,
Paul.

MashPotato

Nik's the musician for TFE, Subspark ;D
Speaking from the art side, things have been a bit busy for us lately, but we hope to go back on full speed ahead soon :)

Nikolas

lol...

What Mash says. I write the music of the game and haven't done much (read: anything) for the past few months really. But I do hope to get back on track later on this year, to get this baby (not Mia) rolling and finally finished and released. TFE is not dead! :)

subspark

Oh hehe. I know what you mean.
If only we could reverse the hours of the day but keep the work we do.
Beers and happy composing Nik!

Paul.

ambientcoffeecup

I don't think I have posted here yet so HERE I GO:

I'm pretty impressed with what you guys are doing with this game. Usually I'll lurk and see these ambitious projects pop-up and eventually they go nowhere and disappear. It's great to see that after all this time this project is still frontpage material and going strong at 18 pages.

It's not often I actually get excited over the release of an AGS game but I've been really looking forward to this one for a while. Although I also don't expect to see it finished for a while, I want to say keep up the good work.
There's this thing... Jazz.

Gonchi

I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

xenogia

lemmy101

Not abandoned, and never will be. Just getting kinda put to the side all the time. :( We keep picking it back up but then other short term things come around and it ends up getting shelved again.

We'll get it done eventually. ;)

Ghost

Quote from: lemmy101 on Sun 26/04/2009 23:02:00
We'll get it done eventually. ;)

I'll light a candle for that, and I appreciate all the side effort you're making for indie gaming, by the way. Best of luck!

xenogia

Darth Mandarb

Gonchi - please do not dig up threads.  You should, as the Forum Rules suggest, send a PM to the author asking them about it.

Also, do not reply to this message with an apology :P

Lemmy - thanks for the small [prompted] update!  Good to know it's still in the works (not that I doubted of course)

Dualnames

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 27/04/2009 00:43:13
Also, do not reply to this message with an apology :P

Wittiest of your posts Darth. Aw, for a sec I thought Lemmy would say "This will be released in two days", that'd make me shit my pants alright.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

subspark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk