The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

lemmy101

Edited.

DonB

Looking very promising.. tho.. please post more in-game-shots if possible.. now im only looking at one of game history's most sexy boops  ;D

Mozesh

Wow looks amazing, and I don't say that because of the bewbs.
I just love the talkie screen of that man, too.

Mordalles

ooh, lovely, and the "bewbs" have a lot to do with me saying it.  8)

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Squinky

Nikolas

You know the way he looks, it is like he has something dirty in his mind...

i k a r i

I know this is not the right forum to say this but, I think the guy looks way more real than te girl..
She looks like a cartoon next to him.

I can't wait for the release of this game, keep it up.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Redwall

I don't know, the guy looks pretty unrealistic to me. I mean, not the detail or style, but the design seems very much a caricature (like the girl). (Not that that's a bad thing.)
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

DanClarke

Looks great to me, and since they're presumably stood against the same BG, because theyre facing opposite ways, one is in full vface of the light, whereas the other is facing away hence the shadowed face.

JRock

WOW!!!Ã,  :o :o

These look amazing!Ã,  Great work so far! Nice graphics!Ã,  :)
I'm definately putting this game on my to-do list!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(if your going to edit my post darth, at least spell "definitely" correctlyÃ, for meÃ,  ;D )

Kaelem Gaen

Okay, now I shall comment, first off, if you get past the big breasts (She should think about reduction surgery, those things could break her back.) The game's graphics look really nice, I 'specially like the guy's Talkie picture, are you doing the talking similar to the way they do Flight of the Amazon Queen at some points in the game.  I hope you guys focus on the story as much as you have on the graphic of the woman, it would be depressing if the story was a let down.    Anyways I've said my piece, actually looking forward to it.
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

CaptainBinky

Quote from: TerricMoonborn on Tue 28/02/2006 07:58:01
are you doing the talking similar to the way they do Flight of the Amazon Queen at some points in the game.

I can't actually remember how the talkie screens worked in FOTAQ - ours will use these close-up screens for any key conversations with key characters while the rest (say 75%) of the conversations will be standard MI-style in-game conversations. Is that the same?

edit: It's also probably worth explaining here that the talkie characters are overlayed over the background in which they are talking, so the choice of lighting is more to do with conveying the personality of the character than fitting in with the backgrounds, and hence the discrepency between the two screens we've posted.

A Lemmy & Binky Production

lemmy101

Quote from: TerricMoonborn on Tue 28/02/2006 07:58:01
I hope you guys focus on the story as much as you have on the graphic of the woman, it would be depressing if the story was a let down.    Anyways I've said my piece, actually looking forward to it.

Thanks for the kind words! We have put in a lot of work on the story, and got everything nailed down for the full three acts. So as to whether it will be a let down or not, I would hope not :), but obviously we'll have to see what people think when they play the demo. We're quite proud of it as a whole. Obviously we know what the story is, and where it's going, but due to the serialised nature of the game, it will be interesting to see how, and what players think as the story unfolds in each act.

Dan

Certainly looks great so far, and the story sounds intriguing also.

Can't wait for the demo...

EDIT: Just read the thread at AD. Mary Whitehouse would have been so proud ;D

Steel Drummer

I'm composing the music for this game:

En garde!

The art is awesome. My only bone to pick here is the SCUMM (TM) gui. Seriously, why? It's just an outdated remainer from conversational adventures, that Lucasarts themselves abandoned after their first few games. Most of the time it's only a way to make the game last longer by giving the player too many options instead of clever puzzles.

But if you are set on using it, could you at least make keyboard shortcuts? The whole rocking the mouse up and down continuously ends up getting on my nerves.

lemmy101

Quote from: En garde! on Thu 02/03/2006 11:21:35
The art is awesome. My only bone to pick here is the SCUMM (TM) gui. Seriously, why? It's just an outdated remainer from conversational adventures, that Lucasarts themselves abandoned after their first few games. Most of the time it's only a way to make the game last longer by giving the player too many options instead of clever puzzles.

But if you are set on using it, could you at least make keyboard shortcuts? The whole rocking the mouse up and down continuously ends up getting on my nerves.

We made the choice because we personally feel that the reduction of verbs has diluted the experience of playing point-and-clicks somewhat, and were both quite dissapointed that lucasarts, of all people, abandoned it. Without the scumm interface it becomes an "interact with everything" fest, instead of players having to think about what they actually want to do with objects.

It'd be like playing a text adventure and saying "use door, use chest, use ring, use gandalf" (I seem to be subconsiously playing The Hobbit, it appears heheh :))

Also I personally find right clicking through icons more cumbersome than clicking a verb.

Regarding keyboard shortcuts, however, great idea! we will definitely put this in.

Haddas

Wow. that pointy.. poin.. picture sure has enough atmosphere. Heh. Freudian nip

splat44

lemmy101,

Are saying we will have type those Verbs + objects as we did in the old times?

Great graphics by the way and good luck in completeting project.

Regards

Quote from: lemmy101 on Thu 02/03/2006 11:26:55
Quote from: En garde! on Thu 02/03/2006 11:21:35

We made the choice because we personally feel that the reduction of verbs has diluted the experience of playing point-and-clicks somewhat, and were both quite dissapointed that lucasarts, of all people, abandoned it. Without the scumm interface it becomes an "interact with everything" fest, instead of players having to think about what they actually want to do with objects.

It'd be like playing a text adventure and saying "use door, use chest, use ring, use gandalf" (I seem to be subconsiously playing The Hobbit, it appears heheh :))

Also I personally find right clicking through icons more cumbersome than clicking a verb.

Regarding keyboard shortcuts, however, great idea! we will definitely put this in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk