The Forgotten Element - NEW SCREENSHOT (Rain effects and new Town pic)

Started by lemmy101, Mon 20/02/2006 13:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

lemmy101

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 04/03/2006 11:04:53
Are saying we will have type those Verbs + objects as we did in the old times?

Erm no :) we have the verbs on the GUI to click on, as in Monkey Island etc.

skyfire2

this game looks awesome. i'm definatly going to play at least 5 times over.

i have a question about the picture below. near the bottom-left corner, am i seeing a dead naked woman that had it's spine broken or is it just a couple of thick branches?

edit by darth - there's a modify link.  Don't double post.

IM NOT TEH SPAM

Until one day, the island doctor happened upon a small wood which, unlike the world around it, was still in summer bloom. In the centre of the flourishing wood lay a girl, curled up asleep in the roots of a dying tree... It transpires she could be the key to everything. But is she the cure, or the cause?

Her spine's fine, she's sleeping.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

CaptainBinky

We are absolutely thrilled to announce that

Nikolas

Has agreed to produce the music for The Forgotten Element!

To celebrate, here's a new screenshot:

A Lemmy & Binky Production

Bartimaeus

This looks great Im really looking forward to this game  :D
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

The Inquisitive Stranger

So THAT's where she gets her nurse's outfit!
Actually, I HAVE worked on a couple of finished games. They just weren't made in AGS.

lemmy101

splat44

Quote from: lemmy101 on Mon 06/03/2006 13:39:07
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 04/03/2006 11:04:53
Are saying we will have type those Verbs + objects as we did in the old times?

Erm no :) we have the verbs on the GUI to click on, as in Monkey Island etc.

Thank you Lemmy101,

Good luck in completing your project.

lemmy101

The kind folks at www.cgempire.com have kindly offered to host our game and website.

You can find the new Forgotten Element website here

Check regularly for new screenshots / game information, and the demo (along with plug-ins and other goodies) when it is released.

Cheers!

lemmy

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

I really like what you guys pulled up already! I'd love to play this game once it's completed! The portraits look really, really good!

The website is also nice. Not too crowded, not too empty.

~Yurina
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Hammerite

i'd just like to know for sure...
is this
HUMOUROUS
SERIOUS
or
SERIOUS WIT' DE HUMOUR??
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

CaptainBinky

Hammerite...

I guess if I had to label the Forgotten Element as either serious or humourous, then I would have to say serious. But I'm not sure that saying that won't give people the wrong impression. At the end of the day, we're trying to make a game that's enjoyable. So while the story may be on the serious side and the situations grave, there will be humourous characters (humourous, not milk-out-of-nose hysterical) and light hearted moments to balance the more serious storyline.

Er, so maybe SERIOUS WIT' DE HUMOUR!

P.S. Thanks Yurina!

lemmy101

http://www.cgempire.com/showthread.php?p=170#post170

This is probably only of interest to those who make AGS games themselves, but follow this link for details on some of the plug-ins that will be released subsequent to The Forgotten Element...

Those who would like to beta test plug-ins, or the game itself, when we come to beta testing, reply to the Forgotten Element beta thread and we will give you priority!

Follow this link to the beta testing thread: http://www.cgempire.com/showthread.php?p=172#post172

lemmy

cheeba

This is shaping up to be very impressive indeed. Love the portraiture, not to mention the little bit of fan service on the heroine's pic (coming from me, that's a compliment, believe me :)). Best of luck guys!
ST Episode One Production thread (WARNING: Adult content)

I can't wait for the plug-ins now I know the details involving them. Especially the AGS Particle editor will come in handy since I make RPG's mostly with AGS. Also the iMuse sounds interesting, maybe I'll try my hands on that too (but I can't make music myself...)

I'm glad the game is with a bit humour, that always makes me feel more comfortable playing a game.

~Yurina
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

CosmoQueen

Wow this looks and sounds fantastic!!! I can't wait!!! ;D ;D ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Sheepisher

Hey guys,

I've just been reading the "Tools and Plug-ins" thread on your website, and I have to say that, on top of your obvious efforts with the graphics, it's exciting to hear about the advancements you've been making in other areas.  In particular, I'm referring to the "aMuse" music system, which sounds like it will be a revolutionary tool for musical story-telling in AGS.  I know that Nickolas (sp?) is signed up to be your composer - I've heard his stuff and it's good, and I can't wait to see what he'll do with a system like aMuse.

I'm also impressed that you'll be offering downloads of sprites and so forth - after all the effort that must have gone into the animations, that's a very generous gesture to the amateur community!

Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing more updates soon!
"Like a balloon and ... something bad happens!"

lemmy101

Quote from: Sheepisher on Fri 02/06/2006 09:13:16
Hey guys,

I've just been reading the "Tools and Plug-ins" thread on your website, and I have to say that, on top of your obvious efforts with the graphics, it's exciting to hear about the advancements you've been making in other areas.  In particular, I'm referring to the "aMuse" music system, which sounds like it will be a revolutionary tool for musical story-telling in AGS.  I know that Nickolas (sp?) is signed up to be your composer - I've heard his stuff and it's good, and I can't wait to see what he'll do with a system like aMuse.

Thanks Sheepisher! One of the first things when we started this project was investigating using an iMuse like system... at one point we even had the entire ScummVM running as an AGS plug-in! Along with the Scumm interface and the dialogue font it was one of the most important touches to the game for us both. Needless to say when Nikolas agreed to do our music it was very exciting! :)

Quote from: Sheepisher on Fri 02/06/2006 09:13:16
I'm also impressed that you'll be offering downloads of sprites and so forth - after all the effort that must have gone into the animations, that's a very generous gesture to the amateur community!

If providing all our backgrounds and sprites will result in more point-and-click games being made then it's well worth it. Hell, if someone actually used one of our actual story characters in their game that would be awesome...

Quote from: lemmy101 on Fri 02/06/2006 10:54:20
If providing all our backgrounds and sprites will result in more point-and-click games being made then it's well worth it. Hell, if someone actually used one of our actual story characters in their game that would be awesome...

I wish all artists had this kind of attitude. It's very hard to find some decent free sprites for games which are of such quality. :D

Cheers!
~Yurina
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

CaptainBinky

Quote from: lemmy101 on Fri 02/06/2006 10:54:20

One of the things we'd like to do when we finish the game is to provide additional animations for some of the more minor characters, like pick up, push, pull, open, close etc even though we don't need them so that even a minor character in our game could be a main (or even the player) character in someone else's game. Obviously our player character (Mia) may not be that appropriate for someone else's game (nurse's costume etc).

Also, we will provide the backgrounds in PSD format (as well as bitmap) so that the backgrounds can be dissassembled, rejigged, and made appropriate for another game (move that tree there, but that building over there, remove that object etc).

Quote from: Yurina-chan
I wish all artists had this kind of attitude. It's very hard to find some decent free sprites for games which are of such quality.

That's exactly why we're doing it. If they were only used as reference for paining over that would be great, but the option is there to use them as-is. We want to help other indie developers as much as possible, hence the plugins, tools, sprites, backgrounds. We feel this is very much in the spirit Chris Jones has started with all the work he has done on a completely free adventure creator. In fact, were it not for CJ, we may have never have been inspired to give all this stuff away, so kudos to him!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk