Phoenix Tales - new artwork updated 1/29

Started by Divon, Sat 16/01/2010 18:46:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Divon

Phoenix Tales

VIDEO(S):  http://www.youtube.com/uplinkgaming

THE STORY:
Something evil is afoot.  Towns to the far north have been burned to the ground, and its citizens slain.  Whispers and rumors of a tribe of dark warriors have been spreading like wildfire.  Luckily, Everything has been safe in your village so far...or has it?  After a horrifying event occurs, you become bent on retribution.  You must discover the evil that is terrorizing the lands and conquer it...but will unlocking the secrets of your past do more harm than good along the way?

FEATURES:
-Phoenix Tales is an adventure-RPG that takes you across a vast world, with tons of content, and a very immersive story.
-A unique combat system that requires timing and strategy to master.
-Multiple playable characters, each with their own play style, attributes, and attacks.
-An epic quest line with countless puzzles to solve, characters to interact with, inventory to aquire, and much more.

SCREENSHOTS:

Development Progress:
Story: 100%
Scripting: 52%
Graphics: 52%
Sound/Music: 20%

Expected completion date:  Summer 2010

Development Diary:

January 29th, 2010 - new screen shot posted

January 16th, 2010 - Initial posting

looking for assistance for the following positions (PM me if interested):

I am not currently looking for any assistance (BESIDES OPINIONS!  ;) )

Igor Hardy

The looks make me think of Robin of Sherwood.

GarageGothic

Very nice art style, and beautiful smooth animation in the video. I was thinking of using rotoscoped characters for my next game as well. Which program/plugins are you using?

Divon

Quote from: GarageGothic on Sat 16/01/2010 19:16:34
Very nice art style, and beautiful smooth animation in the video. I was thinking of using rotoscoped characters for my next game as well. Which program/plugins are you using?

Thank you :)

As far as programs and plugins -- nothing special.  For the graphic work, just photoshop, without plugins.

If you were referring to AGS at all -- no plugins or modules there either :)

GarageGothic

Nah, I mainly meant for the chroma keying,  frame alignment and the cartoon effect. So you're doing it all frame-by-frame (with the help of macros, I assume)? I'm probably going to use After Effects to speed things up a bit. Still have to do some green screen tests to see that it will work as I intend - I even found a fully functional treadmill in a dumpster that I'm going to paint green and have the actors walk on.

Divon

all frame by frame, yes.  Its quite maddening at times!  But I can automate a fair amount with macros and batch processing through photoshop.  Still extremely time consuming though.

Goldfish

The look of it though, in that combat video- it's just so cool. Really distinctive and cool. And exciting too, which is something a lot of games lack I think. No involvement just point and click whereas yours is really powering along on a story and real action.

The interface too looks really cool. And not at all AGS-ish, in a good way, I mean. ;)

xenogia

Nice work, I hope you finish it.  I really look forward to playing it.

auriond

The video looked really impressive and even quite fun, though I imagine it would take some getting used to with so many boxes and words to keep an eye on. But in a good sort of way. I look forward to learning it myself :)

Divon

I put up some new artwork for you guys to check out.  Just a few high res in game character models.

Thanks for the kind words so far :)

Goldfish

Treehouse (of Doom?) is nearly done, I was sorely tempted to go Zbrush on its ass but then I would be working on it all year and that is retarded. So soon my brother, soon. :)

CaptainD

If you manage to make this game into what you're evidently aiming for, it's gonna be pretty damn amazing.  I may just have to interview you on my blog after you release this.   :D ::)

Jide

Quote from: Ascovel on Sat 16/01/2010 18:50:36
The looks make me think of Robin of Sherwood.

same!!
haha
can't wait to see this one released :)  looks VERRYYYYYYYYYYY good :D
JIDE

I'm currently awaiting something particularly witty or funny to put in here so if someone could promplty say something of such nature to me i would much appreciate it.

Goldfish

Divon, chuck me an email so I can send you the first zipfile of artwork. :)

Are any of the self-appointed official reviewers of all things AGS going to review Divon's amazing game?

If only he'd made it in 320x200. They'd be all over it like a cheap suit on a real estate agent.

edit by darth - double-post combined, please use the modify feature

Divon

Its not even close to finished yet -- I dont expect a review  :P

Goldfish

Well based on the reviews of fragments I've seen, that should be no bar.

post edited because of reported complaints

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk