Herman Toothrot's MONKEY ISLAND - Babar joins the team!

Started by Chicky, Tue 21/02/2006 21:03:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapefruitologist

I really like it, the art and colors, especially.
Green looks OK... but orange, I think, is better, I don't know why, but it reminds me of a tropical island at sunset.
(\ _ /)
(o.o )
(>< )
This is Bunny
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IIO2qpSsUTA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-p7xaeYes

Chicky

That was the idea when i first started concepts. To be completely honest i don't plan on changing the colours at all, i like them how they are.

thanks for the all the comments guys.

scourge

Doesn't matter colours you'll use, it's still unique and looks great. Can't wait for April :)

Razorback

I also love the 3 color idea. And I personally like the orange scheme better than the ones suggested so far.

fovmester

What an idea!  :D I love it. It reminds me of my dad's old monochrome computer screen.

skw

Whoops! I've started to think about making a game inspired by GameBoy version of Castlevania, with the background art in 4-color palette (GameBoy-like). But don't worry, I won't finish it like all my projects so far ;).

Anyway, I'm looking foward to play your version of MI. It looks great!
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Chicky

Hey all,

I've added a progress update to the first post and am now looking for someone to make the tunes for this game, full information is in the first post.

MugOGrog

I'm excited about this game and looking forward to playing it. I have spent the last 2 days after work looking for methods of getting that classic Atari 2600 / Commodore 64 Sound. Turns out this kind of music is modernly called "chip music."

EDIT:

Well alot of progress toward getting music for this game has possibly been made. I already made a post with all the news and details of what I have done to get some great music for this game.
The problem is i'm on dial-up, and appearently the post which took me around 15 - 20 minutes to write didn't really upload when it said it did or something.

I have found a Nintendo NES music composer scene over at www.2A03.org. These guys are actively writing music which plays on NES sound hardware. Finding Atari composers was a little harder, and the NES scene I found at 2A03 was larger and more active, so i've asked for their help, and already gotten an excited reply. I have told the crew over at 2A03 that if the game uses any of their music, they will probably get to have a BIG link / ad for www.2A03.org in the Intro or Credits. Seems like a fair trade off.

In the mean-time, go to www.2A03.org yourself and check out there cool chiptunes! (There is a .NSF plugin for WinAmp in the download section, which emulates a real NES 2A03 sound chip.)
(also would be good to have this ported to the AGS engine to avoid large mp3s)

- MugOGrog

Stefan Z

This is my stab at some old sounding tunes. Thinking back at the NES 8-bit, I tried to emulate that sound. It broke my heart a bit having to butcher the beautiful Monkey Island themeÃ,  :'(

Ok, so I removed the URL's. You'll just have to wait till the game's official ;)

DanClarke

Stefan, i really like your tracks they sound cool :)

Chicky

Wow! They're exactly how i wanted stefan!

thankyou very much, You're hired :)

Just dont post the other one's strait in the thread, keep it to pm ;)

*edit

Updated game log, first post.

Stefan Z

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 19/03/2006 21:01:52
thankyou very much, You're hired

Hope you don't pay the wages of 15 years ago ;)

MugOGrog

I have recieved the monkey island main theme in Nintendo NES code, and it sounds really awesome.
I need an email address or free webspace to send it to.
I have converted it into a 192kbps MP3 file.
Hit me back here or VIA PM.
MugOGrog

Wiggles_Say

This looks really cool, I can't wait to get to play that! I just hope you've got the Ron Gilbert style wit in there, it can't be a monkey island game with that!
"Everyone makes mistakes!" as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Chicky

06/07/06: Ahh, been doing lots of little bits with the game, working with the palette is a pain but should pull off. I keep re-playing and re-playing the game to make sure everything feels right, i hope the humors up to standard of the series.

Here's a new screenshot for all you dedicated fans:

:)

Much love x

i k a r i

Those close ups are very similar to the ones in monkey island I, I like them.
Could you give us an update of the progress?  :)
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Jimtbrit

Chicky, its great to know that the project isn't dead.

I like the simplicity of the graphics and think that the colours really fit the style.
Don't worry too much about whether the humor is up to standard, you will find that no matter how great it is there are those which love it and think it works and those which don't.

Remember it is your project and as long as you are happy with it everybody elses opinions are not as important.

Looking forward to playing the game, any idea of a release date?

skullkid22

This looks excellent, I'm a huge MI fan and can't wait to play it.

Babar

Patiently waiting for this, but you've got me depressed now, Chicky. I'm gonna find out why that guy hung himself :(
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

advent

Your project looks GREAT, but don't contradict CMI and EMI, I' m one of the few people in the world that consider them canon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk