Alfa Dream

Started by , Sat 25/02/2006 11:33:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Poroksy

http://rapidshare.de/files/14067453/AlfaDreamFixed.rar.html

It's my first work with AGS. The game is about a story in one's dream. It's fairly short and would cost about 30 miniutes to finish the game if you read all the important dialogs. Since I'm from china, maybe you have to endure my poor English. I can't express some of my ideas precisely in English.

Enjoy the game, and give me your suggestions and comments. Thank you.

Wretched

Looks beautiful, I hope someone can mirror this as 40M on Rapidshare, where I can't even get download tickets and no download managers allowed, it's impossible for me to get.

Poroksy

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1M20KTB3NYYDM2Q8IKQVUM4ZL9

http://files.filefront.com/AlfaDreamrar/;4802977;;/fileinfo.html

Here is 2 links my friend helped me to host the game. But it's an older version yesterday which have a small problem unfixed.  I have to spend 5 hours or more to re-upload the fixed version somewhere.

Dan

Quite a nice little game this.

I like the style of your backgrounds, and the way you have used the animating backgrounds gives them more depth I think. I quite enjoyed the story and I think you could have gone further with it. It does seem to end a little abruptly although I guess that had to be the end.

The game lacks music though, add some music and maybe sound effects to improve the atmosphere and you'll have a great short game in my opinion.

Thanks for making the game. Hopefully there are more to come :)

Poroksy

Thanks for the suggrestions. I haven't got enough skills on sound and music. I tried to compose some music and add some sound effects, but they does not fit in the game. I think next time my game won't be so 'quiet'.

EKM

I think the game looks awesome by the looks of the screenshots. It reminds me of the later Space Quest games.

I'm gonna download it tonight.

voh

http://agsxs.hostvoh.net/alfadream.rar

I mirrored it. Hope you don't mind. It is the version with the unfixed problem, but it was the only one I was able to download. If you want to upload the new version to my server, let me know and we can work something out.
Still here.

Mordalles

those backgrounds really look amazing! i'm downloading it now from voh's link, since i never get rapidshare to work.  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Afflict

Downloading too also nevr get this rapid share to work

CosmoQueen

Lovey looking graphics, I'm downloading it now ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Gregjazz

Rosie

What a peaceful, great game you have created.  Very well done. Thank you.....Finished it and enjoyed it very much.  Good work

Joyce

Good game. One thing though, I got stuck and had to start over again.
Spoiler
I put the charged crystal in front of the screen before I had used it with the pedestal, when I did that it was stuck there and I couldn't get it back. Would be better if you could pick it up again.
[close]

TassieDevil

Quote from: Joyce on Sun 26/02/2006 20:47:24
Good game. One thing though, I got stuck and had to start over again.
I had the same thing, I was running out of ideas.
Spoiler
It is now in the pedastal, the notbook is placed, all the lights are on... what now? I can't operate the red buttom and something seems to be still missing in the pedastal
[close]

Joyce

start a thread in Hints & Tips and ask your question there :) you may get an answer quicker

phomax

seems people got stuck as I did
maybe its time to post a walkthrough here my dear poroksy ;-)
wait, hints would just be enough for necessities, writing a walkthough in english, yet Alfa Dream is not quite a big game, is a tough work I thinkÃ,  ;D

BTW anyone happens to know how to import chinese dialogue in AGS ? I know this is not the place to ask tech question
sorry
but I dont really want to start a new thread

Gilbert

Quote from: phomax on Mon 27/02/2006 08:13:00
BTW anyone happens to know how to import chinese dialogue in AGS ? I know this is not the place to ask tech question sorry
There're no easy way (they are cheesy ways though) to do this at the moment, since AGS doesn't support multi byte character sets yet. Also, since not even me would find much need for it, I think it wouldn't be possible in the near future.
but I dont really want to start a new thread
But you SHOULD, since it's totally off-topic (including my post, mods can delete this at will), you better ask it in the technical or beginners' technical forums (but since these had been discussed several times already, I doubt if there'll be any fruitful results).

Poroksy

First thanks Voh and Geoffkahn for help me hosting the game. My internet connection is really bad sometimes.

About the Chinese dialogue problem, if it's supported, I could express my ideas more precisely and involve more elements based on Chinese culture and life. Also it's more convinient for the game to spread in China. So personally I'm eager to get multi-byte character support.

For the ones who stuck in the game, I will post a English walkthrough in the Hints and Tips forum as soon as I can.

Edit:The walkthrough is posted on Hints&Tips already.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=25323.0

The Book

I finished the game today... Its beautiful graphics, awesome atmosphere and excellent gameplay bring to mind all-time adventure game classics. What the game lacks is sound and music, but still manages without them - for all its other assets.
Is there a chance for us to see any more games of your making in the future?

EKM

Yeah, I got stuck once...during the same yellow crystal situation.

But, I restarted and I zipped through the thing. It was a cool game with a cool concept. Was there sound though?? I couldn't hear anything... ???

Uh...anyway, I wish it was longer! I was just getting into it and then boom...

Replay & Exit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk