is insane wrong?

Started by potato hunter, Mon 27/02/2006 17:30:28

Previous topic - Next topic

potato hunter

me and my bro have been working on one of the strangest adventure game ideas weve ever thought up,  its funny but might be hard to make into a game, do you think its a bad idea trying to do somethink  that could prove very difficult to do justice?    :-\

ildu

This is in the wrong forum.

Nevertheless, it's all up to design. The idea can be as crazy as you can make it, but if you can't make it into a reasonable adventure, it'll flop. On the other hand, if you mean that it's a very workable cool idea, but hard to concieve, then it's pretty much exactly as you think. If it works, it's worth the effort.

potato hunter

thanks, really sorry about posting in the wrong forum,  what forum should i post questions similar to this, i don't mean to aggrivate :-[

lo_res_man

I would try the Adventure-related forum. As well, when you post your first post in a topic,  try to give more information.A post that says nowt but "I wanna make a game." is kind of annoying. This is to help, not to make you look bad.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Scummbuddy

well, if you gave us some sort of plot, or synopsis of this insane story/style you wanted to make a game in, then we could give you criticisim on it. But as it stands now, we have nothing to suggest you to do, for we do not really know what you're saying. So, if you're not sure where to post, just post in the gen gen forum, and it will be sorted there, if need be.

Feel free to post here more info on what makes your style so "insane" and we can give you a better idea as to whether you should persue it, or move on, but I'm all for trying something new with AGS, and I would at least agree to say you should plan out as much as you can ahead of time, as that will save you a lot of headaches with something as difficult to pull off as you are implying that this will.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Indeed, this really isn't the place to mull over ideas about your work- and the current state of the first post makes me hesitant to move it to another forum as well.  This is the place to get feedback on actual work done, such as a complete story, a sprite, and things like that.  I'll slap a lock on this, and when you have a complete story you'd like some critique or feedback on give me a pm and I'll unlock it for you. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk