AEscplega

Started by Freydall, Sun 05/03/2006 22:58:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Freydall

The beginning of a tale set in Anglo-saxon England, you must get yourself a sword to venture into the forest and kill the creature that stole from your hut whilst you slept. AEscplega: Chapter I... game comes with a glossary of old english terms and five devilish riddles in both old and modern english.

http://www.geocities.com/aescplega/
AEscplega is the best epic ever. Chapter I is finally finished and Chapter II is on it's way.

Mordalles

the site is unavailable.  :'(

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Freydall

Well, that's boring. Oh well, guess everyone has to wait 15 hours before the game is officially released.
AEscplega is the best epic ever. Chapter I is finally finished and Chapter II is on it's way.

SSH

Why not use one of the free upload servers mentioned in sticky threads around...?

Ubel

I just played the game a bit. I must say that this was the nicest game experience I've had in a while. I really like the very simple style of the graphics of this game and the music was awesome. It was all quite simple, yes. But I love simple freeware games. Hoping to see more games from you too. :)

Wretched

That's a very good little game. Really liked the feeling of being back in Anglo-saxon England.
A few critisims, as it's good enough to deserve them. The lighting effect on the fire in the shaman hut was out of character with the rest of the game graphics. The puzzles were a bit on the easy side and
Spoiler
a lot of the forest hotspots were a bit hit and miss. Liked the use of the log as a task diary, and the day night idea and the way the player was lead through the game.
[close]
Spoiler
I thought there should have been at least a confrontation with the troll at the end of the first part to give the game a proper ending, the new music got me all in the mood for something special then the game ended.
[close]
So greatly looking forward to playing the second part.
Bugs:
Spoiler
You can get the pendant twice after you talk to shaman about broach.
I didn't need to use the flint or the ex-glove?, Just using tinder on cauldron lit the fire.
[close]
and the winsetup.exe doesn't work, you can't just rename the exe use the Game name in AGS.

Mordalles

ah man, the site is unavailable again! i missed it again. can someone else maybe host the game for a little while?

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Cees

Please mirror it!
I,ve downloaded it myself but want to share it with the members of the forum www.gamesadvies.nl

Many AGS games I've posted there for the fans in Holland.

earlwood

As soon as I saw the screen shots, I thought, "Aaron's Epic Journey!" and I downloaded it right away..

And I had so much fun, I didn't even play Thief 3 like I originaly planned.

Hehe, Quest log.

Afflict

MMM interesting and couldnt see the game link Cees?

Ubel

http://www.pabsoft.com/ags/AEscplega.zip

Okay, I mirrored the game. NOTE: I might delete the file if I for some reason will need some more webspace myself. So I advice you to get another host too.

Peder 🚀

Hosted the file here:
http://arnjeir.borgarholt.info/ags/aescplega/

Gonna try out the game now ;D and Ill let you know what I thought of it.

[Edit]
I uploaded the website with the screenshot to the link above.

ggp

Some help on the hints and tips from the author would be appriciated!

Peder 🚀

The game was brilliant!

I liked this ALOT! Really good!

Cees

Thanks for the mirrors guys. Great :D

Joyce

Good game, looking forward to part two :)

scourge

Really excellent game! I'm mad about the graphics style, haven't completed it yet though :)

ness

Nice game. I thought the night and day was good. You could make Part 2 a little more difficult. Good music
Take the road less travelled.... you won't meet so many idiots on the way.

Fisher

This was a fun, quick game--- Looking forward to part 2!

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk