Automation v1.1 - OROW Winner

Started by MrColossal, Fri 03/03/2006 05:51:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

This game is superb !

Allthou very short, but really good in all aspects, i specially love the retro graphics !

Excellent work MrGreat... emm Colossal :)

MrColossal

Quote from: vict0r on Fri 16/06/2006 10:40:31
I don't want to be the noob who starts a h & t thread, i just had to figure it out for myself!

If you read the first post in this thread I created a hints and tips thread specifically for people to ask questions in so there wouldn't be lots of threads started for 1 game, people asked for help in it and you can post in that thread any time you want. I'd love it if more people started individual hints and tips threads but it seems like that's just a pipedream of mine!

Thank you for playing!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

big brother

Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Ali

Lovely graphics and a nice example of how a game with very little story but plenty o'puzzle can hold the attention.

Sythe

Very nice.

I saw the ending comming a mile away though ;)

radiowaves

Great game! Only one thing bothers me, why there were two different toilets, one for men and one for women, when the toilets were only one-seated single rooms, I mean, what is the point? Women can't use mens toilet because they fear that the seat is pissed on?
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

MrColossal

Radiowaves:

The women's room has a tampon machine in it.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Mikko

I played this game recently and was happy to find out that today in January edition of one Finnish computer magazine, "Mikrobitti", there was a short arcticle of your game.

Here is the scan:

And here is a translation (which hopefully is understandable :))

Mikrobitti magazine, January 2007

Automation v1.1
Automation is a short, but sympathetic adventure game. The game takes place in two floors. In the upper one there is the main character of the story, a scientist who is trying to get back his precious robot, which he has dropped through the floor. The droid in question buzzes around in downstairs and player should remove all obstacles blocking its path. This is done step by step by solving problems and combining items. In the end getting the robot safe is surprisingly  uplifting.
License: Free
Platform: Windows

Hooray! :)

Buckethead

It's nice to see that well thought games like that still get some attention  :)

TheMagician

Thank you very much for this game!

- Great graphic style + a great walkcycle for the main character.

- Nice background music (sooo many games tend to have melodious tunes in the
  background which get annoying after a short time ... yours was very atmospheric!)

- the gameplay was nice and I wanted to keep playing till the end

- the puzzles were logical and at exactly the right level of difficutly

- only the ending was a bit aprupt ... I first thought the game crashed :-)

Again, thank you very much for your effort!
Stefan

Alla

Eric,hi,i cant finish game..all machines workig,hose connected.but wat next? i cant fugure uot..plz give me a hint//thanks

Ieremiou

Impressive short game. I loved the graphic style which felt really crisp and the humor stuck in at points.
The background music fit quite well with it.

I hope you continue to do more adventures =).
Ieremiou
-----------

Love of Adventure games everywhere :)

landslidepurist

Excellent game, nice logical puzzles.

Make another already!  :)

MrColossal

Hooray! Thanks Mikko, Automation should be in 2 more magazines soon too, yay!

Thank you all for the nice comments, also, it means a lot to me!

Alla :

I recommend checking the official help thread that I linked to on the first page.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk