WMGS: 1st Photoshop Friday [April 1 - April 7]

Started by Scummbuddy, Fri 24/03/2006 20:30:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Scummbuddy

Previously, on X-Men Photoshop Phriday:

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images. The contest usually lasts for a fortnight. Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, or any other programs can be used. Please make sure your image doesn't exceed the width of the screen.

See this link:
http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop/

And for other examples, see here:
http://www.worth1000.com/

-------------------------------------

TOPIC IS: If Purple Tentacle Ruled The Earth

Show us your post-apocolyptic world if Purple Tentacle succeeded when he "Took on the World!" It could be a devestating image, or perhaps he would be a successful ruler and the world would be wonderful, except humans would be pets. Maybe it shows the future pets fighting back. I don't know, you tell me. You're the one with the window to see the future.

Bonus points for having the tentacle flag somewhere in the image.
--------
I will shortly add some images to photoshop from, if you don't already know about Day of the Tentacle, and if you don't, shame on you.

Now that there is a beta version of this conglomorate that is AGS + Wintermute = WMGS we'll need a better splash screen image. I want everyone to think long and hard about this, because this will become an official splash screen image for the engine as given permission to do so by the elustreous CJ himself.

Using found images of deadcode, wintermute, and ags's ol' blue cup, combine for a specialized screen that can be used as a loading screen for the first official version.

I expect perfection from this group, so get cracking!
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Corey

Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

biothlebop

And something that actually remotely relates to this topic:
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

biothlebop

Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Scummbuddy

As this photoshop hasn't really warranted any responses, no offense biothlebop, and the current news on AGS, I have decided to change the photoshop contest. New rules have been posted above.
-Hoagie from DOTT

edmundito

The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Afflict

Its sounds to me like the Purple tentacle did take over the world ;)
Thats why we have ..
WMGS

Arcangel

What, continue with that .

AGS + Wintermute = WMGS = it was an April Fool ???

MarVelo

Yes but make a splash screen anyway because it was a sweet joke.

Afflict

Lol i know its a joke, but the fact that remains thats what would happen if the purple tentacle took over the world ;)

Scummbuddy

You all may make photoshoped editor images as well. It doesn't just have to be a splash screen.

And yes, purple tentacle certainly did take over this thread. He has me at diminuator(TM) gun point and is forcing me to do this.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scummbuddy

Finishing this fantastic competition, we have finally found our winner. EDMUNDO]/b]

I do want to thank biothlebop for entering the first weeks idea, and again thanks to edmundo for going along with the april fools prank. I am sorry for the uninspiring topic(s). This was my first competition win since I've been with ags, and the last one I expected to win, so I didn't have any topics ready to go.

I was originally hoping to have something to add to the Maniac Zombies page with fan art, but I guess this topic wouldn't be best suited for photoshop. Maybe a bg blitz, but oh well. That's life.

Take it away Edmundo.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk