PLUGIN: Snow/Rain 2.02

Started by Scorpiorus, Mon 03/02/2003 18:43:02

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Great module, quick question - I'd like my rain to start about 100 pixels down from the top of the screen. How do I set that? Is it the SetBaseline part because I have only been able to block off where it falls too, not dictate where it falls from. Unless there's a way to make it fall behind a room object that is covering the top 100 pixels of the screen. Cheers.

m0ds

I'd still like my rain to fall 100 pixels from the top.

No? Is that not possible with this plugin?

Dualnames

From the readme:

srSetRainBaseline(int top, int bottom);

Sets rain baselines (top and bottom ones). These baselines
determine the edges the rain falls between. Range [0..200].

EDIT:
srSetRainBaseline(100,System.ScreenHeight);

EDIT2: Sorry m0ds, didn't read your initial post. Stupid me. ::)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cianty

No, I don't think it's possible to do what Mods wants.

The function Dualnames mentions only defines the area in which the rain lands, i.e. it comes from the top and falls down to.. e.g. 180 and 200, thus defining an area of 20px height in which the rain falls.
ca. 70% completed

m0ds

Mati256

Does anyone have a working link for this?
Or can pint me to an easy rain module/plugin?
I tried to use SimpleRain and SnowRainPS but couldn´t work with them, maybe Im just stupid.  :-\
My Blog! (En Español)

Icey

Mati256

Thanks Icey, works like a charm.  ;D
My Blog! (En Español)

Icey

Mehrdad

Hi

Sorry for coming up old topic

Isn't any way for using Snow/Rain plugin for D3D  or any another suggestion?

Mehrdad

My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Icey

Can't really understand your question, Are you asking if it'll work with D3D or not? If so then I think it will work.

Mehrdad

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 27/02/2012 21:21:14
Are you asking if it'll work with D3D or not?

Yes
I read in forum this plugin doesnt work with D3D.

Icey

Oh so it doesn't work, well I guess there's not much to say :/

Dualnames

It doesn't work. If you want a rain/snow that's always in front of the player and supports individual transparency per flake/drop, then you really have to sacrifice stuff. I prefer to put the rain in a gui that simply plays an animation of frames/sprites and use particle effects for the rains falling on surfaces (ground, dripping) ecc.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mehrdad

Ok

Good point.thanks a lot.although i think game goes to slow with use animation gui.correct?

edit: (combined double post)
Sorry again

But i need to this useful module on D3D.for Rain and dust.Is it possible to re-writing for Direct3D9? I tried GUI instead .As result wasnt any good at all.

paolo

A few questions about this module...

1. Does it work with AGS3.x? It's fine in 2.71 and 2.72 but when I ported my game to 3.0, AGS complained that the dll doesn't work. Does anyone have a version of the dll that works with 3.0, or is there something I need to do to get it to work?

2. Scorpiorus mentions that to change the rain view you need to use srSetRainView, but this is not discussed in his documentation nor does he say on here how to use it. It takes four integers as parameters - that's as much as I know. Does anyone know how to use this? Using srSetRainDefaultView sets the view once only and doesn't seem to allow you to change it.

3. Scorpiorus apparently hasn't been active here since 2009. Is anyone in contact with him in case I need to ask him directly?

Thanks everyone!

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: paolo on Sat 09/06/2012 17:01:00
A few questions about this module...

1. Does it work with AGS3.x? It's fine in 2.71 and 2.72 but when I ported my game to 3.0, AGS complained that the dll doesn't work. Does anyone have a version of the dll that works with 3.0, or is there something I need to do to get it to work?

2. Scorpiorus mentions that to change the rain view you need to use srSetRainView, but this is not discussed in his documentation nor does he say on here how to use it. It takes four integers as parameters - that's as much as I know. Does anyone know how to use this? Using srSetRainDefaultView sets the view once only and doesn't seem to allow you to change it.

3. Scorpiorus apparently hasn't been active here since 2009. Is anyone in contact with him in case I need to ask him directly?

Thanks everyone!

I got newest ags.

Works fine for me.

I just use
Code: ags
 srSetRainFallSpeed(200, 300);
srChangeRainAmount(1500);
srSetRainBaseline(20, 200);
srSetRainTransparency(50, 90);
srSetRainDefaultView(9, 0); //view=3; loop=0;
srSetRainWindSpeed(0); 

GMD1984

Hi, I've been testing around with a famous RainSnow plugin this morning.
And have using it in my game. Everything is pretty much controllable.

But I have one question about the snow sprite.

It's quite jagged and lost its softness from alpha its channel.

I have checked the sprite, re-imported them with Alpha on. But, still. It's won't display properly with it own alpha.

Is there any option that I can config for this?

Thank you very much!

Edited by mod: Merged with appropriate topic

Monsieur OUXX

If I recall, this is a rather old plugin, and unless I'm mistaken (there are several rain and particles plugins/modules so it's easy to cinfuse them) this one is a bit outdated -- and does not handle alpha blending (except full transparency, of course).

You might want to look for a more recent particles plugin/module (e.g. akumayo's particles, or others...), and test to see if it manages alpha channel.
Unfortunately, I've done that research myself recently -- but since then, I completely forgot the outcome of my research.

Calin Leafshade

The most recent version of the engine has alpha blending built in so the plugin is totally unneeded now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk