MAGS : Mourir en mer

Started by Dorcan, Fri 29/11/2002 05:37:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorcan

Ok. That's my first MAGS game ! (Done in 9 days. I didn't sleep very much)

-----:::   MOURIR EN MER   :::-----

I finaly have made a translation, so I hope you will understand my game now

This game is about a dying guy with an ugly face, who desire to see the sea one time before he dies, but he's imprisoned in the attic by his cruel father...

Changes
3 Jan : New mirror

-TRANSLATION !! (by Rookworm3)
-add some palette effect...and a title
-more conversation
-description of every Hotspot and objects

Download it HERE

(Left-clic, then clic on the last link)

MIRROR

(Right-clic, save as)

jannar85

Noooooooooooooo!!! I want to play!!!
The url didn't work... your host don't like direct-linking...

Oh, and I want to play the english game! :D

The screenshot is quite impressive... It'll have to work for now, untill you have your link ready :D
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Dorcan

I think it works.

When you clic on the link, a new page appear with 3 links in it, you have to clic on the last one : "Click here to get the file you were trying to download."

jannar85

Allright!

Great game, except from it being French...
Many cool animations, but I couldn't get a word of what he said...
So I didn't finish it. I've got all those inventory items...what should I do?
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Gilbert

Hmmm I only get:

QuoteWe are sorry, but the file you are trying to download is larger than the maximum length permitted under current network conditions. Please try again later when network conditions change. The file you were trying to download was 933238 bytes.

Snake

Make it in english, you Dork!11!

Great screenshot, I'll wait for the english version, though ;)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Squinky

Yes, the screenshot looks excellent, and I'm dying to play it.....But I know I'll be dissapointed when I can't even understand it....

Goldmund

It's wonderful, and from the little french I can understand, very moving and serious (I always thought that MAGS is a humorous competition, he he <-example of humorous response).
I would love it if somebody translated it... the intro with the book is great... the game is very sad... and I'm stuck:
Spoiler
I'm already outside and have the mousetrap... I think I need the mouse to scare the clerk at Fast Food and get the mobile phone, but I cannot place the mousetrap back at home - I think I need a bait (hamburger) but how to obtain it?
[close]

The only downside is the lack of "look" messages and I found a bug: you can get the bedsheet repeatedly when clicking at the wardrobe... anyway I really like it, congratulations, Dorcan, another quality release! You grow to be one of my favourite designers here ;-)
And I also love Moby Dick...

Dorcan

Yop Thanks Goldmund for your comment!! I appreciate it very much!!

Too bad I haden't time to post a reply 3 hours ago, because I already have fixed this prob of lack of "look" message !! I had time to finish the game completely today, so for everybody :

I think it would be a good Idea to download the game again hehe
-more conversation
-description of every Hotspot and objects
-fixed some minor bugs (I have fixed the bug with the bedsheet now, thanks !)

And I'm working on a translation, but you will be disapointed, I'm very bad in english

Spoiler
Well, you have to find a piece of cheese... somewere...
if you don't find it, look at te spoiler below :
[close]
Spoiler
It's in the dustbin, in front of the House
[close]

thanks again !

Squinky

I won't be dissapointed with your english, you should be proud that you know so much english in the first place...Now my dopey ass dosen't speak any languages besides my native tongue...

I am really looking forward to the englished up version, man...

Dorcan

OOOK ! Finally, I made it.
I made a translation !! Look at the first post !

Timosity

I've been waiting for the English release, the game looks good and the puzzles seem challenging, I've only had a short go, and I haven't escaped the room yet so I guess I haven't even solved the first puzzle yet.

The main character looks almost identical to Michael Jackson, this might have been what he was treated like as a kid???
Spoiler
I have used the hacksaw on the bars, and pushed the bar but cant open the window, it's sealed.
btw when you've used the hacksaw, and put the tools back, get the tools again you have 2 hacksaws, well one is broken,
I've also used the dummy under the sheets so dad thinks i'm there, I just can't get out of the room, I must have missed something
[close]

Dorcan

Thanks Timosity for your comments, and your bugs report.

I have fixed the bugs now ! You can download it again, and still use your savegame.

Spoiler
First, the message when you interact with the window was an old one, I forgot to change it. Now it's done!
He says : "No, I can't jump from here! It's to high !".

You have to make something that will help you to go down.
See next tip if you don't know how
[close]
Spoiler
You have to make a rope with the bedsheet.
[close]

Trapezoid

Quote from: Timosity on Sun 01/12/2002 12:45:22The main character looks almost identical to Michael Jackson, this might have been what he was treated like as a kid???

Believe it or not, Michael Jackson used to look like a normal black kid (yes, black!) There was some horrible accident where he got covered in acid or something and now Batman's got his eye on him.

rookworm3

Wow. this is really fantastic. Reminds me of my childhood.

Spoiler
Okay, so how do you make a rope out of the bedsheet-- I have tried using the scissors on it and also tried using it on the broken mirror?
[close]

Dorcan

Your childhood, he ?? lol

Spoiler
It's a bit hard trying to cut a bedsheet with a broken mirror... Wouldn't it be easier with a Piece of mirror ?
Can't find how ? Look below
[close]

Spoiler
There is an object called "Piece of mirror", on the broken mirror. Use your scissors on it.
[close]

rookworm3

Just finished it-- really cool game. However, there is a bug:

Spoiler
I use the cell phone; the controller does not answer; I exit the restaurant, click on the train station, then we see the phone ringing, then the screen switches back to the restaurant, and you can converse with the controller, after which the character reappears in the restaurant
[close]

Oh, and I am touching up the translation file.  If you want it, I can send it to you. I can also reword some of the expressions that are slightly awkward if you like.

Dorcan

OF COURSE I WANT IT!!!
That would be very cool.
Please send the file at dorcan@freesurf.ch

BUG FIXED !

Timosity

Quote from: Trapezoid on Sun 01/12/2002 17:25:27Believe it or not, Michael Jackson used to look like a normal black kid (yes, black!) There was some horrible accident where he got covered in acid or something and now Batman's got his eye on him.

Yeah, maybe Dorcan can make yet another remake of the game, with the main character being what Michael Jackson would look like today without surgery, Then cat women might have her eye on him.

Dorcan, I finished the game, It's a great game, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future

DORCAN: Important, I noticed rookworm3 found the bug with the phone and you fixed the bug So I downloaded the new version and the game starts in the fast food place. You've obviously uploaded the version you were testing without resetting the start room and starting inventory

Trapezoid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk