Quest Fighter: beat-em-up with Graham and Roger!

Started by Mortal Wombat, Sat 01/04/2006 11:06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

ManicMatt

Ooh me! me!

Super Quest fighter XL 2 extreme bouncy boobs edition! (Made by Tecmo)

I uh... didn't like the game, anyway. The normal attacks are useless.

Nice graphics and stuff though!

duu

Mortal Wombat

Okay, since you already figured most of the moves out, I've uploaded a full moves list... http://www.geocities.com/wombatgray/qfmoves.htm

A sequel would be very fun. I cuold think of several cool moves for Bobbin Threadbare, for example. Or Laura Bow. Or, instead of the question mark suggested, the @ from nethack! I'll think about it; if someone wants to volunteer in extracting sprites that would be appreciated :)

Oh yeah, Devon Aidendale is the hero's name in Sierra's official guidebook. And it sounds nice. That's why.

KingMick

Ahhhhh!Ã,  I didn't know Sierra hada name for the QFG hero.

Never heard of nethack or the @.Ã,  But I'd really love to see a question mark for the main character of MYST!Ã,  Maybe that's just because I am a die-hard Myst-series junkie.Ã,  Or if not a question mark, then maybe a black shadowy outline or something.Ã,  He'd be a pretty nifty "secret character" that has to be unlocked somehow.Ã,  Moves could include things like:

-Link: He opens a book and teleports to right behind the enemy.
-Book Throw: He throws a book at the enemy.
-Tree Rise: A wooden wheel appears, which he turns, and a big tree suddenly rises up beneath the enemy, doing a ton of damage.Ã,  A good nearly-unavoidable move.
-Brothers' Dilemma: Looks just like the Link move, but instead of teleporting he duplicates himself to the other side of the enemy.Ã,  The duplicate is an illusion that just moves around, doesn't attack. The enemy doesn't know which one is the "real" character so this buys you a little time.

And if you want to make him really really tough...

-The Prison Book: Through a chain of something like 15 or 20 secret keypresses, he traps the enemy in a Prison Book, defeating him instantly.Ã,  Completely unavoidable.

(shrug) just a thought.Ã,  I'd love to see Bobbin Threadbare too as you suggested--that's one I hadn't thought of.Ã,  In that same vein, Robert Foster of "Beneath a Steel Sky" might be a good character too.

Ooooooooo!Ã,  I just had a brainwave!Ã,  What about Gabriel Knight?!!

Mortadelo

Yeah, Gabriel Knight would be a really awesome character, with moves such as attack with his dagger, some kind of protection with his medallion, and when he beats the other player he could touch his hair as he did in Gabriel Knight I  ;D

You could introduce Robin Hood from the game Sierra made about that character, including moves like using his bow, mutate yourself into a tree (believe me, THAT happened in that game  ::)), etc

And Freddy Pharkas too, he could use his silver ear throwing it like a shuriken or something like that, even he could poison the other player using his medicines  :D

My options for the sequel: Gabe Knight, Laura Bow, Rosella (the character from the KQ's series), Robin Hood and Pharkas  ;)
"You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing"

"Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true."

ManicMatt

Quote from: KingMick on Fri 14/04/2006 00:34:23
-The Prison Book: Through a chain of something like 15 or 20 secret keypresses, he traps the enemy in a Prison Book, defeating him instantly.Ã,  Completely unavoidable.

Wow that would be great! Especially when you go against the AI and die by default! I'm phoning up Peter Molyneux right now and telling him I've found a fantastic game designer!  :P

Mortal Wombat

I have looked at Lara Bow but she doesn't really have much frames that could be used for fighting. Sorry. I don't own Gabriel Knight. But Robin Hood and Freddy Farkas would work.

KingMick

Quote from: ManicMatt on Fri 14/04/2006 07:18:32
Wow that would be great! Especially when you go against the AI and die by default! I'm phoning up Peter Molyneux right now and telling him I've found a fantastic game designer!Ã,  :P

Quote from: KingMick on Fri 14/04/2006 00:34:23
-Through a chain of something like 15 or 20 secret keypresses

1. I never said that the AI could play this character.
2. If it takes that many keypresses, then even if the AI could play that character, you would know it was doing the move by all of the movement-with-no-purpose it was doing, and if you are hitting it as much as you can, it will never have a chance to DO the move.

Before you make sarcastic attacks at someone, it helps to actually read what they wrote, and what they didn't.  Just some helpful advice for the future.

deadsuperhero

My God, that was a truly hilarious game.
Any chance of releasing source code so anyone can add whatever characters they want?
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Czar

Oh my god!
This game combined with the internet plugin! Imagine the powers!
With them I could be a, a superhero!!!
Mwahahahaha! Ha.

Peace.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Mortal Wombat

Quote from: KingMick on Tue 18/04/2006 02:00:28
2. If it takes that many keypresses, then even if the AI could play that character, you would know it was doing the move by all of the movement-with-no-purpose it was doing, and if you are hitting it as much as you can, it will never have a chance to DO the move.

But that's not how the AI works. But such a move could work as a Fatality, I think.

Quote from: Alliance on Wed 19/04/2006 18:01:45
My God, that was a truly hilarious game.
Any chance of releasing source code so anyone can add whatever characters they want?

Well, I guess, if you want a character added you tell me about it, or send me the graphics. That would be more easy since the source code is not really easy to read and not commented and anything.

Quote from: Czar on Wed 19/04/2006 18:52:18
Oh my god!
This game combined with the internet plugin! Imagine the powers!

Oh that would be a fun idea! Where do I find this plugin, I'll see if I can work with that.

Oh yeah since I don't think anyone has figured this out, to play as Devon you go
Spoiler

URDLURDL+enter from the character selection.
[close]

Czar

I'm not sure where you could exactly get it by it is made by a-v-o and he calls it TCP/IP plugin, so if someone whishes to add some information to these facts, it would be  cool.

Peace.

Edit: OK, check this out to see how it all came out.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=24828.msg309499#msg309499
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk