Bog's Adventure in Easy3D

Started by Wretched, Fri 14/04/2006 12:51:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Wretched

This is just a short (7 rooms) game to test out (okay, I admit it, show off!) my Easy3D module, inspired by the fabled WMGS engine. All the rooms in the game are built in AGS as normal playable 2D rooms, with objects, characters, hotspots, walkable areas, and regions as normal. Then by initiating the module, with just one function call, the display switches to 3D and the same room can be played in 3D. The module also provides 3D parallax areas that can be added to standard 2D rooms. Anyway check it out. It is very processor intensive so at least a 2Ghz computer is recommended.

(by the way, 'Bog's Adventures in the Underworld' is finished and just needs some hardened beta-testers, so drop please drop me a pm if you are up for it)

This IS an ingame screenshot.

Download (7Mb)

Another 3d module? I'm very curious... but I get a "file not found" page.

Ashen

I got an 'incomplete or corrupt' archive error, but it works now. Try the download again - I think maybe it hadn't finished uploading before the first attempt.

Wretched, will you be releasing the Easy3D module?
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

IceMan

Superb stuff, Wretched!

Your module is great, and this is an excellent tech demo of it's capabilities. (OK, the game's a bit wierd, and the cup puzzle's just bizzare  :)), but if the module is as easy to implement as you claim, it's going to generate some massive interest!

Kudos

ManicMatt

Yeah, is it that easy? Could you grab any game you've already made and do that to it? Would you have to draw the 2D stuff so it's flat? Did you make those shadows to give that impression on the characters or is it automatic?

Wretched

Ashen, Yes, I'll release the module once I've got a stable API figured out.

IceMan, Thanks, and I hope so.

ManicMatt, The aim is to make it functionally the same, and to provide a way of writing 3D adventure without any 3D knowledge. This is the outside in AGS

It's playable as a 2D level. Shadows are drawn onto the background. The sky is just another background. Background walls can be built by drawing a line in the Region Area, then a simple function call lets you map a sprite texture onto the wall, or you can select an area of the background (behind the camera) as the texture, so you can then put hotspots onto the walls.

SSH

Awesome! Kinda similar to Moho, I guess?

Anyway, I'd love to see this. This is teh uber-great!

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Joyce

Another great game! Wretched

Barbarian

Quite impressive!  Really good job on this. I see a whole bunch of new possibilities for AGS with this. 

"3D" effect seemed to work really good. I thought the clouds in the sky effect was really cool too.   Keep up da good work.

PS: Haven't finished the game yet though, still trying to figure out the right magic word for the locked chest.  :P
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Candle

What a great game you have and the 3D is so cool.

splat44

Great game Wretched,

The wizard seem rather large once inside house.

You might to reduce wizard about same size as bog.

I've sent a PM to do some beta works on 'Bog's Adventures in the Underworld'

Regards

lakerz

This is a fun game Richard.  The melody that plays in the background is stuck in my head now.  ;)  Your 3D plugin is pretty cool I gotta admit.

Do you have an estimate when Bog's Adventures In The Underworld will release?

Wretched

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I had a travesty this morning when I accidently removed the module from the AGS editor but didn't realise I had to export it! so I couldn't get it back and it wasn't in the games backup file. I did the golden rule of not touching anything and had a cup of tea while my shaking and cursing stopped and decided to switch off the computer and hope AGS would reload with the module. It did, so it's still alive. Phew.

Splat44 - I've added individual character scaling so the wizard can get through the door!
lakerz - Underworld adventure just needs some beta testing. So hopefully very soon.

Mordalles

hello wretched! congrats on the module. my pc is 0.8gig and it ran only a bit slow.

is this for MAGS, since it has a wizard, spell book and blue cup, along with a fantasy world?

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Besh

WOW!!! Great stuff.
Funtasico.
"Spread our codes to the stars,
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

Domino

That was great!! Played for about 10 minutes. Loved the music too.

Keep up the great work Wretched!!

I can only imagine the possibilities of using the Easy3D

Wretched

Thanks, for the positive feedback everyone.
The Easy3D module is now avaliable in the Tech section.
Domino: The music is from Bog's Adventures in the Underworld which I'm going to release on Friday,as it's me birthday and it's been long enough.
Mordalles:I just borrowed the MAGS rules as a bit of inspiration, I can't reuse Bog since he's already appeard in MAGS, plus I'm a bit sceptical about the MAGS voting system at the moment, last two months voting has been a bit off imo.

The Inquisitive Stranger

Wow! That looks pretty cool. Might inspire me to actually try out AGS sometime. ;D
Actually, I HAVE worked on a couple of finished games. They just weren't made in AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk