How do i talk to other characters?

Started by Oasis, Thu 06/04/2006 17:39:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Oasis

I made all the script and dialouge options, but when i walk into the room that the characters in, he's visable but when i click on him nothing happens. How do i make him interactive in that room, and start him talking when i click on him? I read the manual but it only seems to tell me about dialouge options!

Ashen

Character interactions are setup in a similar way to Hotspot interactions (Tutorial lesson 3). (As are Object & Inventory Item interactions.)
On the 'Characters' window of the editor (where you create characters, change views, etc) click the 'Interaction' button for the character you want to talk to, select the appropriate interaction ('Talk to Character') and add the command (I'd guess 'Game - Run dialog' in this case).

A list of all the interaction types and what they mean is in the manual.

You might find the Wiki BFAQ helpfull too.

As was said to you in another thread:
Read through all available resources (manual, these forums, the BFAQ, etc) before posting. The manual isn't quite perfect, but it's all in there. (If not always in the most obvious places - that's why I always recommend reading through the whole thing, or at least using the search function.)
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk