Harry The Hippie

Started by mchammer, Sat 08/04/2006 14:18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mchammer

Harry the Hippie is a life simulator game. That means the idea of the game is to stay alive.
So you must try to get a job, eat, exercise,stay out of troubles,have fun...

Harry is "a hiphop guy" and thats why game's music is mostly rap, funk, reggae and soul: Jurassic 5, James Brown, Mighty Diamonds and that kind of music.(I hope i dont brake copyright things a lot... At least the game is free and i have bought all music i have in the game.)

When you play, Harry gets experience and learns new things like cooking, stealing, b-boying and graffiti arts.
The game uses Strazer's character control module which makes realistic NPCs possible. They will sleep, go to work and have normal day routines.

The demo is quite big (21mb) because of the music.

Graphics 10%
Music 10%
Scripting 10%

-09.04.06: -There is a new demo to download.

-10.04.06: -English isnt my original language so if you find grammatical mistakes or if you think that some sentences could be said in more realistic way, you can send PM.

-24.08.06: -A New demo whit many new things to do.

-26.08.06: -I started to remake the graphics.

-01.09.07: -Back in the project again..  Maybe new update in few days/Months

My 40 bullets - An action/war game.

Cino

Ugly Duckling is in some ways similar to J5, so you might consider that, or how about some classic ATCQ? About copyrights... I guess you could ask the artists themselves on myspace etc., I bet some underground artists would be happy to contribute.

mchammer

Quote from: Cino on Sat 08/04/2006 16:36:37
I guess you could ask the artists themselves on myspace etc., I bet some underground artists would be happy to contribute.
Thanks for advice.

Ps. The demo is now downloadable.

I really liked ugly duckling -  taste the secret. Ill add it to the game as soon as i order the vinyl. Those raw oldskool drumbeats are quite rare in "newskool rap".

mchammer

I havent been working whit this game for many months because i have had so much other things to do. But now i have again time for this,

There is new demo whit many new things. Say if you like it, or if you dont like.
You can find all new things from readme file, but thre is most important:

*The game uses now Strazer's Character Control Module which
  makes the game world much more believable.
*Skills:
   -Cooking skill:Macaroni
   -Cooking skill:Porridge
   -Art skill:Tag
*Random Things:
   -Some things are randomly set in the begining, so games are always a little different. 
*New things to buy:boilers,macaroni,groundmeat,porridge,milk,
                                 ranges,microwave ovens
*New things in Funky Records:
   -Now opened only between 08.00-16.00/Monday-Friday
   -New things to buy: KRS-One mixtape.
*New rooms:
   -Rasta's home (+Meditation Room)
   -Alley
   -Bar Shipwreck
*Rasta Guy is more dynamic:
   -Added journey to and from work.
   -He goes to meditate sometimes.
*New Music:
   -Buju Banton - Legalize It (Rasta Guy's Home)
   -KRS-One - Mortal Thought (Mixtape)

Game Music:
   MIXTAPES:
   -Jurassic5 - Breaks
   -James Brown - Pap's Got A Brand New Bag
   -Curtis Mayfield - Supafly
   -KRS-One - Mortal Thought
   OTHER MUSIC:
   -Jackson 5 - We're Gonna Change Our Style (Funky Records)
   -Buju Banton - Legalize It (Rasta Guy's Home)

strazer

Quote from: mchammer on Thu 24/08/2006 19:47:39*The game uses now Strazer's Character Control Module which
  makes the game world much more believable.

Yay! I'm glad you still use it. I'm interested in seeing it being used in a real game. Don't hesitate to contact me if you run into any issues. Nice game, btw. :)

Ubel

I myself am working (well... not really working but it's in production... ¬¬) on a quite similiar "life simulation" game, so this really catches my interest. I'm really looking forward to play this when it's ready. :)

mchammer

Quote from: strazer on Thu 24/08/2006 20:22:04
Yay! I'm glad you still use it. I'm interested in seeing it being used in a real game. Don't hesitate to contact me if you run into any issues. Nice game, btw. :)
And I'm glad you made it. I dont know how i would have done this game whitout it :)

Quote from: Pablo on Sat 26/08/2006 12:33:17
I myself am working (well... not really working but it's in production... ¬¬) on a quite similiar "life simulation" game, so this really catches my interest. I'm really looking forward to play this when it's ready. :)
It would be interesting to see your project too. Does it have webpage or topic or something?

calacver

This looks unique, goodluck!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk