Humble Debate Club

Started by Akumayo, Mon 26/06/2006 01:43:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Akumayo

The idea behind the HDC forum has been around for a while.Ã,  From March to May it was tested online, and now it's ready for public release!

The Humble Debate Club isn't really much of a place to debate, but to discuss various issues/ideas.Ã,  Since the new board is still in its developing stage, we're open to ideas (via the 'Suggestions' board) on how to improve the forum itself, and site traffic.Ã,  (For example, competition ideas are currently being considered, and your idea could very well develope into a full blown comp)

It's hard to describe exactly what the site is about.Ã,  Mainly, discussion.Ã,  Other than that, you'll just have to look for yourself.Ã,  If you're at least remotely interested, then please drop by and register.Ã,  We'd be honored.

http://akumayo.boardcity.com/index.php

-Regards, Akumayo
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

PsychicHeart

This is a great idea!!
I've just signed up.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Akumayo

Great   :D
I hope to see you around!

Tuomas

Signed up. Looks awesome, I wish it would grow bigger and fast. Gladly I signed up now, my nick is usually taken everywhere.

Akumayo

Glad to hear it Toumas!  Hopefully, we'll get enough people to have at least a small community.

Haddas

Oh right. Forgot about this :-[

Tuomas

THough I'm most sorry if I accidentally appointed stupid people to this :-[ :P ;)

Akumayo

I don't care how stupid they are, so long as they don't post rediculously(sp) (and so far they haven't).

Tuomas

agreed. and once it's wider no one will care of two. Well my brother's not stupid for sure. Errr... you notive that 4 of the 7 are currently Finnish... well, we are into this kind of thing, and I'm sure it'll be balanced soon.

Akumayo

Hooray!  We now have over 10 members on the boards!

And, as Tuomas pointed out, the majority of them are Finn's.  (Which is not a bad thing, just strange.)

The AGS Usergroup is up now as well.  I'm not really sure what we'll do with it, but it's filled with AGS'ers (6 as of now).

We're still open to suggestions, as I've said before, and still looking for some competition ideas to generate activity.  If you've any ideas, drop by.

Anyhow, we've got several active discussions going on now on various topics, so don't hesitate to drop in and post a bit.

-Regards, Akumayo

Charity

I do love a good debate.  This place looks to have a lot of potential.  Best of luck getting it off the ground.  I'll help if I can.  I hope you will not mind me lurking.

Akumayo

Quote from: Lyaer on Thu 29/06/2006 11:09:51I hope you will not mind me lurking.

Not at all!  Lurk away  :)

Tuomas

Akumayo

Yet another update.

Some new boards have been added to the 'Community' section, for discussion various things.Ã,  So if you're not particularly intersted in debate, you can still drop by and make a quick review or discuss your favorite video games ^_^

We hope to see you around.

EDIT:
Also, when we get some more members around, we'll probably have a 'Tournament' section for chess/checkers/poker/etc tournaments and things.
/EDIT

-Regards, Akumayo

Tuomas

Hulloh.

Again I put my precious 2 euros in the machine only to, well, to get everything done. But I can't be active all day, I fucking work 12 hour days in this bullshit island (ibiza). I thought I'd like it... well hey, only a coupple of months to go. If I'm lucky, my boss dies. Anyway, there's nothing here, no computer shops to buy a wlan card, no music shops, no nothing, bus goes twice a day. remind me never to come to Ibiza again when I ever get back from here. Well, 3 minutes left. I think i'll check into the debate club next time.

Nikolas

A difficult and dangerous path you're going to my friend!

Debates can end up i trouble!

Eitherway... I will join when I find some time, cause I love debates! So should Helm I think ! ;D

Elliott Hird

It's the same as millions of existing forums. Sorry, I don't see it going anywhere.

Akumayo

It probably won't, but still  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk