Another World (Out of this World) remade!

Started by Stickieee, Mon 17/04/2006 15:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

I'm aware of rolling thunder... gray area, but I'll have to go with no, otherwise I'd have to include Shinobi and Shadow Dancer and the like, which really, have nothing to do.
WINTERKILL

Anym

Quote from: Helm on Wed 19/04/2006 16:57:49Anym: Hunter Hunted I never played. Does it have ledge grabbing? Ledge grabbing pretty much is the bare minimum to make it to my list, heh

Can't remember, probably not. I only played a demo or two about nine years ago.
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Radiant

Quote from: Helm on Wed 19/04/2006 09:59:54
A somewhat off-topic bit. I collect Prince of Persia-esque games, and this is my current list for anyone that has the same fixation with what I've come to affectionally dub 'step platformers':

For completeness sake, try the Sega Genesis version of Prince of Persia, which as four additional levels. Also, other than 4-D, there's another fanhack out there with some other levels. Don't recall the name, though (and it wasn't death by dark shadows)

By the way can I download this Death of Dark Shadows thing somewhere? Or is it a commercial game?

Helm

I dunno, I played the demo in some old coverdisk. It's really bad. The SNES version of Prince of Persia is extensively reworked and japanified (or stupidified, take your pick) also, if you're up for awful.
WINTERKILL

LimpingFish

I haven't played that much of it, but for fans of Another World and Flashback, I recommend this...http://www.reloaded.org/download/onEscapee/100/ :P

Its a port of the Amiga version, I believe...
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

ManicMatt

OnEscapee was an Amiga game originally, yes, as I remember playing the Amiga demo when it first was released.

Nice graphics, unfair gameplay. Infuriating puzzles! Probably alright if you have a walkthrough for it, to stop you from killing your loved ones after dying for the millionth time.

But hey! This game was around £29.99 when it came out and enjoyed good reviews from the magazines, so what do I know? (That I am right, and they are wrong..  :P )

LGM

I was gonna say.. Heart of Darkness is quite similar, though.
You. Me. Denny's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk