DOCTOR WHO - TIME SNARE Big Update, Release Date And New Screens 7th Nov

Started by Duckbutcher, Wed 12/04/2006 13:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand Of Omega

been a bit quiet on this front, any news...? bout time someone did a who game

BunnyMilk

aww wow...I'm not a big fan of the doc but this is looking sleek! It really has that Lucasarts feel that I love so much so if you complete this I'll be playing it!
Love x

sergiocornaga

I wouldn't hold my breath, this thread's been dead for some time.

Duckbutcher

Bumping this to let people know I'm still working on the game. Had a bit of a hiatus where I decided I couldn't draw backgrounds well enough...

...I figured, what the hell. So it's back on. I've made a fully interactive TARDIS environment, which will be a sort of 'linking' device between the four episodes - while the TARDIS is in flight you'll be able to wander around the Doctors' ship looking for clues and references to the places you've visited and the places you've been. Sort of like the Ebon Hawk if anyone's played the KOTOR games.

I'm hoping to progress onto the first part of the story shortly, which, as outlined above, deals with a sinister Nazi plot in a WWII occupied france.

Subsequent episodes will reveal the plot going deeper, with a linked storyline spreading across three different time zones.

Doctor Who affictionados can expect appearances from the Brigadier and Harry Sullivan during an episode set on 1970s Earth....

And yes, there will be at least one Dalek.

I've revised the original post to include new screenshots!

Mel_O_Die

cool i love Dr Who and it might to be great with lots of fun!

good luck for creation :)
----( )----
Click to see "In Production" Topic!
[/color][/b][/url]

EagerMind

No demo? I saw the subject line and was eager to try it out. Oh well ....  :'(

The screenshots look good so far. Seems like there's a lot going on in this game ... Nazi's, Daleks, multiple planets ... I hope you can pull it all together! Anyway, it looks interesting. Take your time, have fun with it.

Duckbutcher

Yeah, sorry, the demo's now obsolete because I started over from the ground up. Hope to have one at some point though - hopefuly containing the intro and at least part of 'Episode One'.

The TARDIS now has a fiinished kitchen, Swimming Pool and Power Room, so for the moment I guess it's finished. I'm starting work on the Chateau, characters contained within and environs this week.

Will post more progress in a few days.

Duckbutcher

A couple of the new backgrounds. Proper ingame screenshots coming sometime next week!

Peder 🚀

Nikolas

Sslaxx

Good to see this progressing!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Duckbutcher

UPDATE SEPT 2nd

As promised, here are a couple of ingame screens. Progress wise, it's coming along nicely. I'm now saying two weeks till the finished demo...

Dalek salon!

Conversation.

EagerMind

I'd like a jelly baby, thank you!

Looks good. Will you be simulating the spraying "shaving cream" effect when a Dalek dies?  :)

My only comment: the Doctor never really wore his hat that much, did he? It seems like he'd always crumple it up and stuff it in one of his pockets.

Duckbutcher

Quote from: EagerMind on Sat 02/09/2006 18:16:23
My only comment: the Doctor never really wore his hat that much, did he? It seems like he'd always crumple it up and stuff it in one of his pockets.

Interesting you should say that. I've actually drawn a hatless version of the Doctor sprite. depending on whether I feel I've got the patience, I may have the doctor lose/hang up/pocket his hat at some point in the game.

Duckbutcher

UPDATE Sept 11th

Well, Demo is about 80% done. I need to do an intro and and outro (the cliffhanger ending is in place!),  some bits and bobs like doors opening and things, and add sound and music.
Here are some more bits for anyone who's interested:

As always, let me know what you think!

Peder 🚀

Looking GREAT!!!!

Cant wait for the demo ;D.

Barbarian

Looking spiffy keen so far.Ã,  :)

My only suggestion from what I see at this point might be to perhaps put a little more space (pixel gap) between the dialog options to more clearly seperate them. That way it is now, sometimes it seems one option just blends right into the next.

Keep up da good work.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

jasonjkay

Quote from: Duckbutcher on Sun 03/09/2006 15:17:07
Interesting you should say that. I've actually drawn a hatless version of the Doctor sprite. depending on whether I feel I've got the patience, I may have the doctor lose/hang up/pocket his hat at some point in the game.
I think this is a cool idea but you would have to make double animations for everything unless he loses his hat very early on. It looks like a great game, cant wait for the demo.
http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsresources/ - Mods, plugins and templates.

Duckbutcher

The Demo is ALMOST ready for public use!

Everything is pretty much done. It's basically the first 'episode' - an intro sequence, twelve or thirteen screens, two or three puzzles, lots of talking and a cliffhanger ending. I've scored the game with the sublime music of the wonderful Dudley Simpson - I've not sought permission or anything, and will remove it if anyone involved in the copyright wants me to.

I'm in the middle of planning both the resolution to the cliffhanger and the next set of locations now...

I'm hoping to have the Demo ready for upload in a matter of days. But I need soime help! A couple of sound effects have eluded me. If anyone has an old style ringing phone sample they could send me, that would be great.

thewalrus

Can't wait to sample the demo.... And I'm glad to hear that it will be forth coming in a matter of days. The game looks really great..... Although I know nothing about Doctor Who. I hope I will still be able to enjoy and follow the game.....

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk