Bog's Adventures in the Underworld - Update V2.18

Started by Wretched, Fri 21/04/2006 10:34:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Wretched

So, at last, here is Bog's Adventures in the Underworld. This is a much enhanced version of the MAGS entry, now with over 110 rooms, 40 characters, 110 inventory items and nearly 50,000 lines of scripting.

Story: Poor hen pecked Bog tries his best to please Clod, his wife, but when he tries to improve on her famous 'Mushy Mush' recipe, things don't go according to plan and Bog ends up in Hell, the Underworld. Help Bog to find his way back to Clod and patch up their relationship.

There are two possible main endings and a little extra bit for anyone that manages to achieve the maximum score.

Screens:

Download (42Mb)

Please let me know of any comments or bugs.

Anyone that played through the original version should not assume anything.

Version History

1.00 MAGS entry - now obsolete
2.00 Enhanced version.Ã, 
2.01 Fixed Mmh crash
2.02 Fixed drift score and speech loss
2.03 Fixed Pea crash, shiver bug
2.04 Fixed Treasure and rag
2.05 Fixed ckn, & cbs
2.06 Ckn stuck, Gfmy early.
2.07 Knt, ttr, cds
2.08 Isd inv
2.09 Dth Sle exit. Vs lg.
2.10 Speech bridge.
2.11 Speech bridge the third. lv ph pz.
2.12 fls lost.
2.13 mrrr points
2.14 wb return stopped
2.15 ckn changes, parts,
2.16 CBs return cttn.
2.17 Typos, moss vis
2.18 Speech 83

Rosie

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!Ã,  Downloading now.....Played first one and now another one....How great

Really enjoying playing this game again,,,,However, in my saves, it goes from Save 19 to the next one is 100, then 101, then 999.....So the game keeps crashing on me when I am playing it.  What can I do to prevent this problem.  I have even tried to replace some of my saves with new ones so not to create more saves, but this is not working.
Thank you

Fisher

Uh oh......I tried to download the game this morning and got the "Page cannot be displayed"

Hopefully, it's just temporarily down to fix the above "save" issues....

Can't wait to play!

Cees

Not Found
The requested URL /BogsAdventure/BogsAdventure.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.alpha72.com Port 80

Wretched

Sorry guys, I'm just uploading a few bug fixes, I'll edit this when it's done.

Edit: ok bugs fixed. If you don't want to re-download just turn on the 'Slow Computer' option in the manual. Save games should still work with the fixed version.

Joyce

Wretched I hope the save thing is not going to be an issue with my game, I have done the termite maze and the pig game and I really don't want to have to start again LOL

Rosie

Wretched

Spoiler
I don't get the divining stick from the fairy when I give her the leaf, and she goes into my inventory, then I take her to the forest, but the only question when I talk to her is How do you like your new place.  Tried over and over again to get her to ask me if she could do something for me, or the other way around to get that stick, but no good.  Is this a bug?

And with you fixing some of the bugs so that the game doesnt crash, how do I download the newer version over the old one I am playing? 

Thank you
[close]

Wretched

Rosie,
Just download the new version and extract it into the same folder as the previous version, alternatively extract it somewhere different and copy your saves across.
And that's not a bug.
Could you PM some more information regarding the crashes you're getting, i.e. what messages you get and what makes it crash.

jane

Wretched - not sure if this is a bug but when I clear snow from house I can keep on doing it and clicking up points - I also have lost the speech option so am unable to talk to person inside house after I clear snow - not sure if its supposed to do that?

Wretched

Jane, ok i'll fix the score thing, sorry about the speech, I'll fix that too, you should be able to get it back if you visit, then leave, the pig room.

Rosie

Wretched

got this error message

internal error has occured AC1 Version 2.72.911

run_text_script 1:error - 6 running function "region2_a'

Error: array index out of bounds (index: -1,bounds:0..19)
in Room 88 script (line 132)
from Room 88 script (line 611)

I am coming out of scene with owl and going into igloo scene.......

Spoiler
also another question, since you see that Joyce, Jane and I were almost at the same spot in the game, it seems that they left the magma down by the cold guy and I took it up with me and left it in the igloo.  We now are playing different games it seems,  was this a fork in the road to different endings?  Or  do we meet up again because it seems that we are now doing totally different things.
[close]

Wretched

Rosie, Thanks I've fixed those issues and spent the last ten hours getting it to upload, So new version available.

wrt your question, it shouldn't affect your game, though you were supposed to have to leave the magma where the others did. But you're still ok for completing it.

Gilbert

Quote from: Wretched on Wed 26/04/2006 19:45:33
Rosie, Thanks I've fixed those issues and spent the last ten hours getting it to upload, So new version available.

hmmm but I just got a 404 when clicking the link on the first post.

Wretched

Firstly apolgies for downtime and update mania. This is a very big and complex game and has therefore suffered from some nasty bugs. However, I think I've got a pretty stable version now, so anyone who's been struggling with this game and hasn't been following the hints and tips thread, should get version v2.16 and start over.

calacver

I'm finding this game tough. But it is fun and you have a great imagination. Well done on another excellent wretched game.

lakerz

Woohoo!  I finally finished this masterpiece of a game thanks to 43 pages (and counting) of hints!  Super tough puzzles at times but well worth playing.  It figures that a walkthrough comes out right when I'm at the end.  :=

Thanks wretched for dedicating so much of your time over the past year (with an injured hand no less!) so that we can all be so entertained with Bog.

julie

[Congrats to you Wretched for a superb game again. I have played them all except Crave which I am about to start. I love them all.  I know a walkthrough was needed for Bog, I went thru all the hints and tips , totally frustrated and still determined to finish, but after I printed out the walkthrough it somehow ruined the game for me and I didn't finish it, although I thought it was one heck of a great game. Keep up the great work because I always get excited with another game from you.

Wretched

Inevitable but still a bit freaky this morning. All those downloads and only 4 comments? Has the 'devil got your tongues'?

calacver, Thanks, this sure ain't an 'easy listening' adventure.
lakerz, Actually only 2 months to make this game and hand is nearly better now.
julie, Thank you, next game is going to be a bit easier, I promise.

osaris

Hello. I downloaded this game a couple of days ago and im loving it. Ive got to part 4 and all of a sudden i cant talk anymore, the talk icon has completely disappeared! I presume ive got the latest update because as i said before it was only a couple of days ago. Hope someone can help if possible.

Wretched

Jops,
That's been there for a while, any I've fixed it. By the way you can always get your speech back, by visiting the pigs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk