Taken A Point & Click Myst type game By Candle

Started by Candle, Sun 07/05/2006 21:03:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Candle

Taken A Point & Click Myst type game By Candle

You went to a party and met a girl and now you have no idea where you are.
You soon find out you're not alone.

This is the demo and I'm about 1/2 way done with the game so will get this one soon.
800x600
http://www.candles-weblog.us/downloads/taken_ags.zip

Background Music Jasmin Hadzic
Modules used:
Music Continuity
SSH

Credits
SSH

OverHot
Gilbert Cheung

OtherRoom
strazer

Wild Color
Akumayo

CombinationLock
SSH

Advanced Randoms
Akumayo, scotch, strazer, & Ahsen

Backgrounds 100%
Images 25%
Music 100%
Scripts 25%
Other 45%

ManicMatt

Candle

Akumayo

This is pretty neat.  I wish you could interact with more stuff though, like the tank, lights, and door.  This looks like it could be very creepy when finished.  What program did you use to draw the backgrounds, btw?  They're beautiful!

Oh, and I'm not sure if I'm lost, or just stupid though at one point.

When I interact with the book (that fell from the row of books?) It says "Drag map to here to read".

I don't understand, I can't drag the map, and I don't know where to drag it either.

Anyhow, looking forward to progress on this one.

-Regards, Akumayo
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Candle

The map is in the inv to drag to the book. sorry didn't make that clear.
I still have to to the map frame so it just goes to a blank frame right now with a return to the last pager you where at.
There will be more stuff to do in the game as I haven't got all that done yet.

Candle

Ghost

The GUI icons don't match the game's overall graphic style at all... which looks extremely nice Downloading now...

Candle

Ya I don't make a gui. it is from ROTN games.
I'm wondering if I should remove all the icons but the Inv , the save and load game and the exit and make it stay down all the time.

sergiocornaga

That sounds like a good idea. Are you redoing the GUI graphics? I might be able to make some if 3D is your forte.

Candle

a new GUI would be nice if you want to make one for it.

Ghost

a gui that stays down all the time might be just the thing if it didn't contain load/save options. these should always be pop-up in my opinion.
you should have a look at that game... Black Mirror, wasn't it? That's a style that would fit in nicely.

Candle

Hammerite

before i download the demo, i just want to know:
is this myst style as in puzzles or just perspective because myst puzzles are very bad.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Candle

I would say perspective. there is not a lot of puzzles yet in the demo as I'm still doing them but the demo gives you an idea of the game.
There is not a lot of NPC right now but will be more closer to the end of the game.

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Candle

Little update.
Going to get this one done if it takes me all summer..

Two Scientist from the game

deftonesrule

candle did you use unreal editor in the first image ?

im looking to make the same style 1st person game.

i am using unreal editor to setup my scene since i can move meshes around how i like, say for an open chest or closed chest, etc.

all done via triggers and perspective actors.

ill keep an eye on your progress mate, looks good so far!

Candle

Yes I did and it seems to work good for that.
If you need any help with your game feel free to PM any questions and I'll try to help the best I can.

deftonesrule

thanks candle, ill pm you with some general question if u care to help! btw i just played taken and wow, i love the flickering lights and resident  evil feel of the game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk