Mapoco Mountain

Started by Takyon, Thu 09/07/2009 22:47:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Takyon

Info

Mapoco Mountain is the first game being developed by Law 24 Studios. It’s a 2D point and click adventure based in a fantasy world of subtle satire and brief comedy. The game also has serious undertones with a submersing storyline. Can you help Malakey discover himself? Will he conquer his greatest fears and fulfill his destiny? Or will he stay hidden in Elkwood Forest for years to come? Take Malakey on a journey and get lost in the wondrous land of Astrumn Earth.

“Down on his luck and uncertain of his future after losing his job as an apprentice clockmaker, Malakey is looking for a little adventure in his life. Whilst drowning his sorrows one night, he accidentally stumbles across something sinister. Something dangerous and corrupt. He soon discovers that his knowledge of a strange plan could endanger his own life. Has he bitten off more than he can chew? Play as Malakey, an underdog reluctantly pushed into the role of becoming a hero. Scale a fantasy world of satire and comedy, interact with weird and wonderful characters, solving puzzles and discovering hidden truths lost in history.” Cliche? Probably :).

Features

• Full length game, around 90 rooms
• Full voice acting
• Immersive world
• 1024x768 Resolution
• 32-bit color
• Detailed 2D graphics
• Sprite based characters
• Entertaining cut-scenes
• Easy game mechanics

Release Date

Within the next 2 years depending on financial support.

Help Required

We need help with pretty much everything at the moment so if you feel you could seriously help this project in some way for free or a small price get in touch with me at jmann@live.co.uk. Also if you're interested in teaming up in this project or want to know more please email law.24@live.co.uk we'd be thankful for new team members.

I was going full steam ahead with this project until I was unfortunately made redundant at work so cash flow is not as great as it was, it will still get finished I'm determined but it will take longer than originally expected.

I hope to update with more screenshots soon.
ghost.

m0ds

Very nice. I was thinking of making a game called Escape From Mount Gay, cos it's a real mount, but for now, this will be the Escape From Mount Gay that I'll look forward too instead :P

FYI if the game allows it I will turn Malakey into a drunken bum, who yearns for nothing more than nuking Elkwood forest. What he will discover about himself will be shocking, albeit only 2 inches long.

Looks great though, best of luck :)

Darth Mandarb

I will never understand "temporary" second screenies ... if you don't have TWO (as the rules require) you should have waited to post until you do.  Please update soon with a non-temporary screenshot or lockity-lock!!

Thanks

Takyon

lockity lock lool, I'll just remove the temporary title. It's temporary because it's being re done if that makes sense.

Thanks for that Mods glad you like it, I'm not sure Malakey being a drunken bum will help much though his walk cycle will be wonky lol.
ghost.

i k a r i

Holy F...

That looks professional!. Will this be free?...

I will be following this project  ;D. Good Luck!
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Takyon

Thanks very much, the artwork is by Daniel Thomas he's very talented.

Well I'm hoping to sell it for a small price once it's finished as it's going to be a big project but it won't be a huge price something like $5
ghost.

Ryan Timothy B

Wow, I'm completely loving the art in this game; stared at the first screenshot for a few minutes.

Hopefully it gets finished, or at least a demo! :P
Looking forward to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk