Asterix & The roman underworld (demo available)

Started by Da_Elf, Fri 12/05/2006 04:12:02

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesrule

lo_res_man

this game looks great! There have been other Asterix games, I thought this link might help you with character design
http://www.abandonia.com/games/en/72/Asterix&Obelix.htm
(mods, this is to be a reference, I don't am not trying to promote abandonware)
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Da_Elf

also if you check on the official site http://gb.asterix.com/  you will see there are quite a few games

MYKAYEL

Bai Karl

Good idea, but screenshot look like scanned wrom magazine.

Kweepa

Quote from: Stan on Tue 06/06/2006 19:54:54
but screenshot look like scanned [f]rom magazine.

That's a good thing, since they're not. :=
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Bai Karl

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Tue 06/06/2006 20:08:02
Quote from: Stan on Tue 06/06/2006 19:54:54
but screenshot look like scanned [f]rom magazine.

That's a good thing, since they're not. :=

I like the the game, do not get me wrong.

Da_Elf

im currently working on some characters. thats taking some time. expecially since all 10 of my computers are working on a project that puts food on my table and pays the bills and the only computer left is this crappy internet computer that can hardly run photoshop

Da_Elf

Ive been super busy reacently working on an animated film and will be busy for the next year as well. I did have some free time today though and i popped up photoshop and just finished off this background.

im having a problem though. its been so long since i last coded that i forgot how to properly use global variables. I want to set up a time system when the beginning time = 1 then after that everytime you enter a room it adds 1 to the time then when you leave the room it does a conditional check on the variable. if the variable is less than lets say 5 (  <5   ) then going to the next room it loads the daytime room. if the variable is between 5 and 10 then it will open a night room. then if the variable reaches 10 it will load a day room then set the variable back to 1. is this possible?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Da_Elf on Wed 01/11/2006 22:14:19I want to set up a time system when the beginning time = 1 then after that everytime you enter a room it adds 1 to the time then when you leave the room it does a conditional check on the variable. if the variable is less than lets say 5 (  <5   ) then going to the next room it loads the daytime room. if the variable is between 5 and 10 then it will open a night room. then if the variable reaches 10 it will load a day room then set the variable back to 1. is this possible?

Yes it's possible.  Please post that question in the tech forums though!  Keep this thread about the production of the game!

Good to know you're still working on this ... even if slowly :)

Da_Elf

ok the demo in my 1st post was updated so that it had the day/night setup.

points that i know already hehe.
**i know the bridge one isnt animating, i havent done that part yet

**i know the nightime on the bridge shows the lights on in getafix's house but they are off when right next to it. (ive got 2 night shots for each of those. one with lights on and one with lights off, i just need to code the part about getafix being home to get the lights to work properly)

**i know the interior of getafix's house is the same during day and night (i was lazy and havent done a night one yet)

**last but not least i know the characer sucks, I'm still working on the animated asterix

**another last. im having trouble downloading the demo, if anyone else is getting a screen of gibberish when they click on the link, just right click on the link, save as, save the htm file then just rename the htm to rar. beats me why thats happening

gypsysnail

Hey the screenshots look really good and even though I dont know Asterix comics (I will be looking it up and reading their comics on the net to get an idea :):) ) and I can't wait to play this game. The thing is, how do I get the RAR file to play once downloaded? I have a few rar file games that I can't get to play and I am good with computers but the rar file confuddles me! New things to learn!!! Lol anyway tell me how I can get the rar file to work, thanks :).
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Gord10

@gypsysnail: Did you try using the latest version of WinRAR? (and may I ask you how you can be good with computers if you can't open RAR files?)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Da_Elf

you never heard of asterix?? shame on you!! hehehe
sorry about the rar file. its just that it compressed much better than the zip

gypsysnail

@Gord: careful man, dont be too quick to judge me or I will be quick to snap you :P! I may be a female but I am very good with computers, I just had a lapse of memory, my memory isnt that good at times when I have so much to do. I know what winrar is!! And there is no crime in me asking what I asked. Have you ever forgotten something temporarily too, Gord? It's Human Nature! :). The file just did not look familiar as it has been awhile. I built my own pc and I am quite good with pcs, using them for 27 years of my 27 years, so please do not judge me ok. Have a good day Gord! :)

Lol Da_elf, I knew you would say that :D It seems Asterix was very popular and I had a look at the official site and I am like wow and intrigued by the concepts of the artist. Thanks for introducing me to the comics.
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Gord10

@gypsynail: Okay, I apologise. Yeah, I forget lots of things about PC, too.

[intopic] This game looks very sweet :) I look forward to play. [/intopic]
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Da_Elf

started this yesterday. unfortunately normal work has caught back up to me and i need to start working on my animation again so this is where I'm at in this latest background.

Nikolas

Da_Elf, could you maybe reduce the size of the last two pics, as they're huge and are throwing off my browser and probably all the browsers... I've got a 17" screen... :P

Other than that the screens look maazing, and haven't had a chance to download the demo... :)

Da_Elf

sorry about that. ive made them smaller and also made theÃ,  full size working version available as well which is actually larger than what i had posted before.
http://www.elfpro3d.com/Asterix/obelix2.jpg

monkey0506

Hey Da_Elf, I don't normally take the time to look at the GIP threads, but I was bored so I figured I'd look around. I must say I like your artwork. Somehow it makes me think of Dr. Seuss :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk