Sprite Jam May 17-23: Dwarves

Started by Klaus, Wed 17/05/2006 11:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

They are working as miners, some are famous fighters and others are nice little helpers. Some have a long beard and most of them wear a big cap. You know them from books, fairy tales and from your neighbour's garden...

Topic: Dwarves

Rules:
- create an original, playable character
- maximum number of colours is 32 inclusive transparency
- sprite size must not be larger than 60x80 pixels
- any kind of dwarf is allowed (except giant dwarves :))

I hope you enjoy this Jam. Good luck and have fun!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I like dwarves so I made one.

In 12 colors, meet Harry Tabarge!

and his 11 color c-64 counterpart

Both are low color enough (but with large enough proportions) to make a nice adventure game character.

KristjanMan

Quote from: Klaus on Wed 17/05/2006 11:53:38

- create an original, playable character

Can I draw a character from a book? I mean it isn't drawed in the bokk itself but the character is discribed in the book so I could easily draw him. Is that allowed?

EDIT:
His name is Orik he is a character from books called 'Eragon' and 'Eldest' he is a member of dwarf clan called Durgrimst Ingietum

He is not drawed exactly as the book discribed and its 21 colors
- They are all from AGS coloringball

Tuomas

Yaharr, as an old dwarf maniac I'm so in! You know, my dad translates fantasy to Finnish, all the Weis-Hickman, Salvatore, Gemmel etc books. I used to like them when I was young, now I realized how empty they are and my dad agrees. Added that I also had quite a collection of those Warhammer dwarves... Oh yeah, and I used to draw this comic about the angry dwarf that would go about killing people :P

Klaus

Quote from: KristjanMan on Wed 17/05/2006 18:28:18
Can I draw a character from a book?
Taking the "whole" idea from a book wouldn't be original then. But you can use the description for your inspiration and enchant it with your own ideas.

Privateer Puddin'

OK. She's meant to be a Pirate Chef Dwarf. Apart from she doesn't look very Dwarf like. So uh, you can decide Klaus.

vict0r

A dwarf:

EDIT: Just did some small changes.

buloght

Urgle Lightfeet, a miner, except he is the only dwarf hard of seeing in the dark and he carries with him his candle and lantern. He won't admit it though.

3x

16 colours.

Kinoko

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Wed 17/05/2006 20:26:51
OK. She's meant to be a Pirate Chef Dwarf.

Christ, have you been watching One Piece too?

Afflict

The Last To Know

(1x)  (3x)

[47x57 pxl, 32 colors]

Mad

Although rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's disease don't make things easier, Grams Digwinkle is still mighty crafty with the ole pick axe. But what ever you do, don't mention his age, or he'll treat your shin to his metal capped boot!

Saberteeth

Count the cols yourself, it was still in the limit, 60X80

UPDATE: Smaller version:

vict0r

Phemar

Quote from: sir_gibberishbuloght on Wed 17/05/2006 23:21:45
Urgle Lightfeet, a miner, except he is the only dwarf hard of seeing in the dark and he carries with him his candle and lantern. He won't admit it though.

Holy Crap! Aren't there supposed to be high levels of Methane and stuff underground? ;)

Steel Drummer

Goatbeard the Fifth

13 colors 60x80
I'm composing the music for this game:

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

lo_res_man

Goodwork Yodaman11111! Great Improvement!
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Steel Drummer

great entries, everyone, especially buloght and Mad!
I'm composing the music for this game:

R4L

Re did him a little but he he is...

2X:

Meet Bunyan! He might not spin straw into gold for hapless girls but he has one sharp sword and brute strength!

60X80 13 colors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk