Comique Contest from now until the end of May

Started by Anym, Sat 20/05/2006 13:28:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Anym

Basic rules: (I didn't find any, so I tried to figure them out by myself, so feel free to correct me)

• A theme for the competition will be given by the host (that would be me in this case)
  • Participants are required to create a comic (sequential art, i.e. at least two panels, otherwise it's a cartoon, not a comic) adhering to that theme
  • Participants are free to use any techinique for creating that comic
  • Each competition will last half a month
  • The host of each competition will decide on the winner who will also host the next competition

That being said, the theme for this competition is a quote by Robert Oppenheimer:

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
Itself a quote (or at least a loose translation of chapter 11, verse 32) of the Bhagavad Gita. Feel free to interpret it in whatever way you see fit. Appearances of Mr. Oppenheimer, Lord Krishna, Avatar of Vishnu or Galactus are encouraged but by no means required.

The competition shall last until Jyaistha 10, 1928 (which is to say the May 31, 2006). Sorry for not starting it earlier!

Good luck!
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Ali

That's a great theme for a comic strip. Apologies in advance:

TheYak

This was meant to be the concept drawing, so I'm not sure if it's clear.  Damned deadlines.
Anyway:

Anym

An entry! Thank you so much for saving my face! It wasn't showing up for me at first though, so here's a link for everyone with the same problem: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/TheYak/death.png

Very nice!

I was really afraid that nobody would enter (or post) at all (besides Ali's non-entry that is) and already prepared myself for that eventuality by making:

Luckily, I don't need to use it now. We have a deserving winner. Congratulations to TheYak who will host the next competition. I'm looking forward to it.

I know that this comic contest was a bit shorter than usual due to my late starting of it. Again, I'm sorry. I hope nobody had to drop out due to the time constraints.
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Ali

Congratulations Yak.

I really did think this was a great topic, I hope my non-entry didn't put people off!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk