Ben The Magic Ghost - In Production

Started by Obi, Thu 01/06/2006 03:22:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi

Yes! Ben the Magic Ghost a game for all the family is in production.

Story
Ben a Marvolous ghost who lives in the world of pink jelly must find a way to scratch eye's humongous big eye. Along the way Ben makes many new friends and learns the art of dance!

Progress
graphics 80%
puzzles 30%
scripting 14%
music/sound 2%

Screenshots

Steel Drummer

Although this may not have good graphics, I love your sense of humor and hopefully the dialogue sums up the lack of art quality.
I'm composing the music for this game:

BerserkerTails

Oh man... I'm so excited for this. I mean, based on your excellent Ninja School video, I expect nothing but brilliance from Ben the Magic Ghost.
I make music.

PsychicHeart

Quote from: yodaman11111 on Thu 01/06/2006 04:27:42
this may not have good graphics
You'd knowÃ,  :=. Nah i'm just messing with you yoda.
This actually looks pretty good, it looks like it has the wit of Yakov Smirnov with the gameplay of Monkey Island.
Yipee.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Hammerite

although this game looks interesting i cant see any evidence of wit.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Sam.

Quotealthough this game looks interesting i cant see any evidence of wit.

Perhaps that is your fault, not one of the game.

Looks good obi.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Spongebob_Nopants

Why doesnt that man have arms? and why is he naked????

ManicMatt

Your art style reminds me of that nine year old that drew those horses....  :-\

Suspicious indeed!

Sam.

Suspicious, but a false accusation. The person that did the horse game was called 8fNJ, this person is called Obi.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

BOYD1981

me and obi were talking about this game last night over skype and i guarantee that this game is going to be nothing short of pure awesome.
also, the reason why it looks like the horsey pics is because he drew the title screen after seeing the silly pictures of the horses with people on them :D
but i have seen a similar art/character style in some animation on tv during some programme on channel 4 about short animated movies, it's simplicity in it's most basic form.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Obi

What are you talking about? I've been making this game for almost 5 months now! Oh and while I'm still awake all ghosts don't have arms and ghost can't wear clothes, they just fall off. He is a magic jelly ghost after all.  Yakov Smirnov Ice is a nice drink.

Darth Mandarb

This is NOT the general discussion board ... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay on target and talk about the game.

Obi - this looks/sounds interesting.  Keep up the good work.

ManicMatt

It does a have a certain charm to it.

Is there more than one background?

And is the jelly sweet, and does it contain gelatine?

Ubel

Aewsmoe, Obi. Just aewsmoe. I can't wait to play this one. :D

Obi

I am NOT a monkey ... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not feed me and thank you for the comments a demo coming soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk