King's Quest III Released!

Started by Sinister, Mon 19/06/2006 01:31:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister

That's right, the long damn wait is over. I smile with joy as I type these words in, thinking if this day was ever to come. The production is over, the testers are done and everything is ready to go. King's Quest III has finally been released. Remember this date, the 19th of June. The day KQ3 was released!

It's been twenty years since the evil wizard Manannan first appeared on our computer screens, but now, thanks to the hard work and dedication of the team at Infamous Adventures, he's back!

Kings Quest 3 : To Heir is Human was first released by Sierra On-Line back in 1986. As the second sequel to the hugely popular and successful Kings Quest series, it fast became a fan favourite. Roberta Williams, author of the Kings Quest series, broke new ground in computer games, introducing players to the magic map concept (making travel quicker between screens), timed puzzles and an in-depth spell casting system. All these things are standard fare in today's games, but were original concepts in 1986.

Unfortunately, due to the advances made in computer technology over the last twenty years, such classic games no longer run on the modern computer. It was with this in mind that Infamous Adventures decided to remake this game, bringing it up to the quality of Kings Quest 5 & 6. Klytos, Executive Producer of IA's Kings Quest 3 had this to say. “We just love this game and felt that even twenty years later the story was relevant and, more importantly, still fun. We wanted to introduce a new generation of gamers to this classic and show older players who remember the original something new and special. We think we've done this, but it's up to the fans to tell us what they think.”

Boasting all new full VGA backgrounds, enhanced hand-drawn close up cut-scenes, dialog portraits for all the characters, original music by our professional composer, full speech pack (including narrator) and a new point-and-click interface, make Infamous Adventures' remake of Kings Quest III one of the best remakes on the fan-game market. And the best part is, it's free!

Re-experience this timeless adventure now at www.infamous-adventures.com.

We would love to give a huge thanks to everyone involved in this project, too many to name but you know who you are. Yet that's not it, it's you the fans who kept us going. We would love to give you the biggest of thanks out of anyone, I mean if we just had tumbleweed as support I don't think we'd have got very far. Anyway, I know you want to play the game. Well, go right ahead.

The voice pack will be released next week, we didn't want you guys to wait any longer. Don't worry, you won't have to redownload the game just for the voice pack. Just simply add the file to the program and boom, you're off!

Again, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributed, whether it be the team or the fans, this game is for you. Enjoy.

Broomie

Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

deadsuperhero

I played some of it already, good stuff!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

ness

This is a beautiful game. Loving it but .....I'm going to have to start a post on hints and tips already.
Take the road less travelled.... you won't meet so many idiots on the way.

skyfire2

ness

skyfire, you need to click a second link when you go to download. It's in blue writing and says click here to download after you have clicked on the first download link.
Take the road less travelled.... you won't meet so many idiots on the way.

skyfire2

It says that the mirror is down.

TiMMMMM

When is the download going to be available??

im going crazy over here... Ã, :(

skyfire2

The mirror is up again!Ã,  ;D

Dexter

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! Downloading now

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Perhaps now Blackthorne and the gang will start posting semi-regularly again.  A WINNER IS YOU!

BlackDragon1200

Bug Report:

When i entered the screen for the Sea-Side Town from the left i got stuck on the tree on the left side of the screen and couldn't move.

Spoiler
When i tried to get a tuft of hair from the cat in front of Manannons room, clicking on the cat got no response (or is this intended?).
[close]

Spoiler
In Manannons room after you get the key there is still a glint on top of the closet.
[close]

When i use the magic map to go to the tree i get stuck and can't move.

On the screen just north of the spiderweb cave you cannot use your magic map (there have been other places this has happened as well).

When i entered the screen with the small pine tree near the bears cottage i got stuck on the pile of rocks in the NE corner and couldn't move.

That is all i've found so far, otherwise good job (I've been wanting to replay KQ3 for years! :))
Fear is the mind killer...

Babar

The site mentions using GetRight for us poor dial-uppers, but it does not support resuming. I do not see any mirror (I can only find one link to the game). Can someone please upload a mirror where I can continue downloading this if I get disconnected (which is very likely to happen)?

I'm excited about this, as I could never complete the original KQ3. All that magic book stuff tired the hell out of me..
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Radiant

Well done, IA.

Bunch of bugs:
With the installer, I cannot specify a directory to install in other than the default.
In the manual, the queen's name shouljd be Val*A*nice. Also, the gnome has a name (Ifnkov) as does the dog (Kenny).
Why does the game include the TCP/IP plugin?
Manannan isn't supposed to kill you when you go down the pathway.
The cat should be called Schrodinger, since it teleports.
Disallowing the player to pick up obvious items if the character doesn't know he needs them, is poor game design.
Non-skippable cut scenes are also poor game design.
The wizard's bookcase is a pixel hunt, which is annoying.
I found several issues with scaling, walkbehinds, walkables and hotspots; I didn't bother to write those down.
The clocks in the game don't work.
The game desperately needs a "fast forward" button. If you know what you're doing, you simply have to stand around for nearly fifteen minutes waiting for the wizard to come back.

Fribbi AGDI joker

Bug: Somewhere in the desert I can walk on the sky.

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Fribbi AGDI joker

I totally agree you there. ;D I can imagine you're propably jumping around your house now of joy and making a mess right?
Just calm yourself now so you won't make your parents get another heart attack again my friend. ;)

Blackthorne

Heh.  Yeah, actually I can get back to posting semi-regularily around here.

There's bound to be a bunch of bugs and such, and if you find them - you can post them here on our forums.

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=1100.0

That's the link to that thread.

So, heh, yeah - so corrections and such will be added in an update.

I have to say, it was fun making this game.  Looking forward to finishing Quest For Infamy now.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

mags_don

Well when i went to install your game i got a pest pop up...saying thatÃ,  "iambigbrother" was in your setup program? whats up with that?  :-\

Vel

What about that voice pack, will it be done soon? Or should I just play the game now anyway?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk