#AGS (A Temporary Sticky)

Started by scotch, Thu 22/06/2006 13:31:16

Previous topic - Next topic

scotch

It's come to #AGSers' attention that, although there's a page about it on the main AGS site, a lot of forumites don't even know the IRC channel exists. If Radiant didn't, then anyone might not! So I'm putting this sticky here for a few days. Maybe we'll get a few newcomers.

#AGS was started over 5 years ago on Quakenet, it's been in constant use since, and averages about 20-30 people online (though half of those will be idle). It is now on its own server (irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk) and has a bot called Roger. It's a general discussion channel, which is why I put this thread in GenGen, but there's also a tech help channel, #agstech, which unfortunately doesn't have many people to help, currently, perhaps some tech forum people would like to come there and help me help people.

AGS IRC Wiki page

Server: irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk
Channel: #ags
Some recent stats: http://www.americangirlscouts.org/pisg

If you'd like to come, there's a guide on the site.

Alynn

Except for the fact that I keep getting Software caused connection abort, on ports 6666-6669, 6660-6665 are giving me connection refused, along with port 7000.

Oddly enough I checked my firewall, and there are no settings blocking those ports, and when logging all mIRC traffic, it sees all the connection attempts  for the ones that are refused, but for the ports with the software cause connection abort, they never reach my firewall to be logged. It's like they aren't even trying to leave mIRC let alone my computer...

so uh, whomever is running the server, can you open port 7000 so I can connect?

Actually I just had a thought, could the fact that I don't have mIRC registered have anything to do with it...

dasjoe

try port 6667, it's open and working. telnet in on that port and see if unreal greets you or not.
the problem should be on your side, "software caused connection abort" usually means that :P
... it's quite easy being the best.

jetxl

Quote from: Alynn on Thu 22/06/2006 18:20:25
Actually I just had a thought, could the fact that I don't have mIRC registered have anything to do with it...
Nope, it works for me.

How can members not know #ags when the ags awards are held there every year?

Privateer Puddin'

Awards only get 50 or so people?

Then there's people who have joined since

dasjoe

Quote from: Alynn on Thu 22/06/2006 18:20:25
so uh, whomever is running the server, can you open port 7000 so I can connect?

did it anyway now.

Alynn

Actually sorry about that... went poking around...

Aparently my virus scanner blocks certain ports as well, and wouldn't you know it, it has 3 rules by default blocked

Block email worms
Block incoming IRC traffic (6666-6669)
Block outgoing IRC traffic (6666-6669)

Which is why my firewall never saw it, it wasn't getting to the firewall because my virus scanner was blocking it...

Good god I have some redundant systems..

But thanks for that Hajo...

LimpingFish

Whee! More people to watch me drone on and on about...rubbish!  :D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

ManicMatt

I have already been harrassing Roger.

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Alynn

Actually I look forward to playing Acro once in awhile, I played it all the time in Iraq, but for some reason the site I used to play it on doesn't work on my home computer (most likely because I have higher secruity).

Believe me, I used to win all the time, because I'm odd.

SSH

None shall challenge my dominance of acro!

Alynn

I sense a war brewing...

SSH, You, Me, Roger, and a bunch of random letters have a date.

Actually, maybe I shouldn't use the word date. Roger might get excited.

SSH

Delightful
Acrostics
Tittilate
Everyone!

AGA

Try a competition where SSH isn't allowed to use the words 'AGA' or 'Berian'. He's guaranteed to fail.

dasjoe

i think the restriction of "sheep" has the same effect :)

Ishmael

Also, to pull the rug from under his back-up plan, ban the words "Ishmael" and "Pablo".
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Kweepa

Bestiality is good, and I haven't played this newfangled #AGS acro thing, but my "secret" weapon when playing Acrophobia was always incest, the weirder the better. The seven letter phrases were goldmines, because then I could have two different types of incest in one acrostic.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Helm

I am also presently marring the ambience.
WINTERKILL

Pumaman

This may be the official channel, but I haven't visited since 2002 when it gave me genital warts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk