What do you want from the next AGS update?

Started by PsychicHeart, Sun 18/06/2006 04:19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Akumayo

Quote from: Hammerite on Sun 25/06/2006 08:31:26
or you could give them an web address with a scoreboard in it to input your scores into. probably be easier to do as well.

Also very easy to lie, and always get the highscore  :P
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Hammerite

you could also have a password at the end that you'd have to enter to be able to input your score, of course you could still lie.
damn never counted on that.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Akumayo

(Getting really off-subject now but):

I suppose you could use file output to output a .dat file of the highscore from AGS, and then instruct the user to upload that .dat file.  Then, you could build a webpage that the user could input the .dat file's web location, and then the webpage htm would extract the contents into a highscore, ask the player for name/location/etc, and then add it to a scoreboard.

That's a lot of trouble though, for the developer AND the user.
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

SSH

Or you could use the HTTP plugin Dorcan made...  ::)

Reko

Well yeah, that's what HTTP functionality would allow, for highscores. Didn't know there was a plugin for it.

What I suppose you could do without it is tell the user the URL to enter their score at, as well as their score, and then some sort of key that is generated from the highscore, sort of like a registration key in many shareware applications.

Radiant

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Sun 25/06/2006 02:16:13
I think being able to remove Cursors, Characters, Fonts, and things would be really cool.

Seconded. However, I have the feeling that several people don't even bother to remove the default Roger sprites from their game :)

Also, I'd like the game to put the three standard .WFN files is its directory, so that I can edit them easily with FontEdit.

LimpingFish

An explanation as to why inventory item sprites are antialiased everywhere EXCEPT in the inventory.  :P
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Gilbert

Did you mean alpha-channeled sprites?

I think it's just because alpha-channels aren't supported in GUI's, yet.

LimpingFish

Oh. I see.

N..Nevermind then...I...I guess. :-[
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk