Trilby's Notes - help thread

Started by Sam., Mon 26/06/2006 11:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

_ch4ng3d

Hi guys, definitely need some help... I need to get to the basement to talk with that agent or whoever he is.  I have to open the emergency door at the hotel kitchen, dont I? Well, the problem is that I do not know how. If someone could help I would really appreciate it. Thx

Myrph

umm, not exactly related to getting through the game, but I can't hear any of the music in the game... I've tried changing the sound and MIDI settings to each of the variations, but I still can't hear the music... I can hear all the sounds though
(walking around, the chattering of the shadow realm etc.) but thats it... CAn anyone suggest what may be wrong and how to sort it out?

Cesaran

_ch4ng3d,

Spoiler
If I remember right, you have to go there while you are in the other world or eat a pill in the other world and enter the basement.
[close]

desimaui

Cann someone help me, I'm stuck in the back yard after getting the crowbar. This is the one with the fire escape. I cannot seem to climb back up when I use the cursor arrows.
All You Need is Love!

sthomannch

Another good game: I think I examined some spots and a table there and Trilby had a vision again. And didn't the command "climb ladder" work?

m0ds

Quoteumm, not exactly related to getting through the game, but I can't hear any of the music in the game... I've tried changing the sound and MIDI settings to each of the variations, but I still can't hear the music... I can hear all the sounds though
(walking around, the chattering of the shadow realm etc.) but thats it... CAn anyone suggest what may be wrong and how to sort it out?

It's likely to be a problem with your PC rather than an AGS or Notes problem. Have you tried other AGS games? Do you hear music in them?

desimaui

never mind...I got up the ladder. It was ladder, not stairs..duh...
All You Need is Love!

JD

ok im at the ladder bit, i have the crowbar tried climb and climb ladder but it says it wont support my weight HELP!! ???

Stupot

Quote from: m0ds on Thu 28/12/2006 20:55:11
Quoteumm, not exactly related to getting through the game, but I can't hear any of the music in the game... I've tried changing the sound and MIDI settings to each of the variations, but I still can't hear the music... I can hear all the sounds though

It's likely to be a problem with your PC rather than an AGS or Notes problem. Have you tried other AGS games? Do you hear music in them?

In the Normal Realm there isn't much music when your wandering round the corridors, sometimes none at all, but you should get the voices and scaary sound effects when you are in the alternate realm and in the flashbacks there is music.... I don't think there is a problem with your computer, you probably just have to do something to trigger some music... how far into the game are you?

Domo

mr.me

Quote from: Domo on Fri 02/03/2007 14:02:41
where can i find matches ???

Spoiler
They should be on the counter in the lobby
[close]

John Walker

Spoiler
Hi. I'm in a pickle. I'm in the back yard, and it's gone all evil, and now I can't get back up the fire escape. What do I do?!
[close]

Kaos101

Spoiler
I'm not sure where you are. I haven't played the game in a while, but if I remember correctly, you have to go into a medicine cabinet or something on the main floor and get the pills. That snaps you out of the crazy world and into reality.
[close]

John Walker

Unfortunately, the pills require that you change location to work. Which I can't in the back yard.

I loaded an earlier save and carried on, but I'm still interested to learn how it's possible to escape from there.

mr.me

Quote from: John Walker on Mon 12/03/2007 17:24:59
Spoiler
Hi. I'm in a pickle. I'm in the back yard, and it's gone all evil, and now I can't get back up the fire escape. What do I do?!
[close]

Spoiler
Type "climb the ladder" I think you also need to be facing the ladder correctly, so if that doesn't work move to a different side of the ladder.
[close]

gASK

Quote from: John Walker on Mon 12/03/2007 19:34:25
Unfortunately, the pills require that you change location to work. Which I can't in the back yard.

I loaded an earlier save and carried on, but I'm still interested to learn how it's possible to escape from there.

Nope. In the backyard the pills will work with instant effect. Yahtzee thought of everything. It took me some time to get to the "evil" backyard (wanted to see what is there, I am one of them "explorer" types).

EDIT: I wasn't sure so I unpacked the game again and played through to that part. And yep, they work instantly in that one room. ;)

melissa

ok i'm at the stage where i have kicked the demon and now the world went evil and the pills arent working i have a walk through but for this stage i have to be in real world  ???

melissa

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 30/07/2006 04:59:54
luke
Spoiler

go to the cellar, get rid of the bugs and drink water.
[close]

how?

sthomannch

melissa
Spoiler

to distract the bugs, feed them the meat which you get from the dining room. You get it when you are in the dark world. It is on one of the tables in the middle of the room.
[close]

Jess

okay, i've followed all the directions on the walkthrough, and i've just goteen thematches, but i don't know what it means by "Go to a halway with hotel room door." i've tried looking for a detecro in every room i can get into, in the 2nd room on the second floor, and the 3rd room on the third floor, the bathroom, the door in the hallway to the dining room, the door behind the counter and outside. all the other doors are impossible to get into for me, i've tried unblocking or unlocking all the other doors and i can't. i tried using the lockpicks and pliers on the doors, but nothing.

where am i supposed to light the match to set off the detector? i can't even find a detector or fire doors at all. :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk