Adventure Quest 2 - Winterlong - NEW DEMO

Started by charliechuck, Mon 26/06/2006 13:41:11

Previous topic - Next topic

charliechuck

NEW VERSION OF DEMO NOW AVAILABLE

The sequel to the game that was never finished. Adventure quest 2 continues the story of 3 young orphans, this time joined by a helpful monk, as they try to reverse a powerful spell. Gameplay is a combination of point and click puzzles with RPG style fighting. The graphics are under par compared to some of the other Games in production, but I'm sticking with them.

At the moment, there are 5 rooms plus intro room, title screen and fight room. The battle engine works, and now includes animations and spells

The battle system is turn based, at present it's a run-up-to-them-hit-them-and-run-away type, like FF games, this eventually will be changed to become a grid based system with proper movement, attack ranges etc. ( like the old SSI games, Pool of radiance etc).

other pictures are in the Post something Now thread

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=26851.0

Progress:

Design & Story Ã, Ã,  :Ã,  85%
ScriptingÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  :Ã,  50%
GraphicsÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  :Ã,  60%
RoomsÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, :Ã,  15%
Sound / musicÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  :Ã,  Ã, 0%
TotalÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  :Ã,  30%

I only get to work on it for about an hour a day, so finish date is difficult to work out, however I should imagine it won't be until at least summer 2007 Winter 2007.

10/07/06 Small update, Demo should be ready for this friday (14th July) is now ready. Still no spells as yet but Items work in battles so I've compensated for it that way .... Also Updated the fight room picture above as Roger somehow appeared in the last one.

1/8/06 The Spells coding and GUI is nearly finished. A new screenshot has been added.

1/11/06 New version of Demo uploaded. Spells now work, It took ages to fix a problem with the wrong effect appearing for the wrong spell, all ok now. Demo slightly longer. All known bugs fixed.

DOWNLOAD DEMO

NOTES:

Walk cycles and battle animations are not yet finished, still have to code the ability to move in battle, area effect spells, and easier to use GUI's for items and spells, the demo is fully playable. At present there is no sound. The title screen isn't finished, but I'm sure you can guess what's going to happen.

Anyway hope you enjoy it, please let me know either way :)

Baron

The graphics look fine.  Don't get too caught up with fancy graphics -it's the game we're interested in.  Good luck finishing!

Steel Drummer

THe graphics are kay in this, however the battle system and everything looks interesting. Keep up the good work!
I'm composing the music for this game:

MalleTheRedPhoenix

I like adventure-roleplaying games like QfG. I will wait for your game.  ;)

charliechuck

Thanks for comments so far.

Small update in first post of this thread, Demo should be ready for Friday 14th

charliechuck

Update in first post -Ã,  new screenshot added and note on bug found in demo.

charliechuck

An update and a new version of the demo. It may seem like not a lot's been done since the last update, but It's now got workable spells, it's slightly longer, and all bugs fixed. The spells took ages to fix, as a problem meant re writing a lot of code.

Still loads left to do, I think I'm over the worst of the coding, but need to do lots of backgrounds and characters, I'm looking at Isometric backgrounds, they will be a lot easier to generate, but everywhere will look the same, not sure whether to go this route or not.

Progress will still be very slow, if anything slower now I've got an xbox360,Ã,  I'm also working on another AGS game, plus a commodore 64 game.

Demo can be downloaded in the link in first post. If you find any more bugs please let me know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk