Creative Production > Competitions & Activities

Suggestions for competitions and activities

(1/94) > >>

Andail:
Got a neat idea for a new activity or competition? Post a description of it here, and await approval from the moderators.
Check here http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=5477.0 to check whether your concept does not already exist, or is currently resting.

Include in your post:
* Title of activity
* A thorough description of its concept and purpose (educational or entertaining?)
* Periodicity (how long each round will be and how often it will occur)
* Type of competition: Will there be a winner, who will elect the winner (if there is a vote, how long will voting go on)
* Thread administrator: Will the activity/competition be maintained by the winner of the previous round, or by the same person every time?

You can also post here if you have comments or suggestions regarding the rules of already existing competitions or activities.

Mordalles:
well, this is something i saw on the cgtalk forums, and quite enjoyed watching.

sprite battles.
purpose: entertainment.
administrator: not sure.

there are 2 versions that i saw:

1. background version:

- one guy starts off by doing something on the background (eg320x200), eg he draws a castle.
- then the second guy draws something to counter the first guy's sprite, eg, he draws an invading army with catapults thats attacking the castle.
- then the 1st guy again counters with, eg a force field.
- this continues until the background is filled and no more space left.
- you are allowed to alter the other guy's drawing a bit to make your own work.
- in the end it will come down to voting who added the best ideas.
-  2 can take part, or many more. everyone can take part in this one.
- period: till the background is filled.

2. character/object version

- two members compete against each other.
- both of them design their own unique sprite
- then, these two sprites are in war against each other.
- the first guy draws the sprite of how his character attacks the other character
- then the other member must counter the attack with his character,
- anything goes. creativity is key.
- again, voting will decide.
-period:depends, if you run out of ideas, the comp is over.

these things are really fun to watch and follow how the picture/battle evolve.
although, im not sure if this will work here.
anyway, its just a thought.  ;D
would probably also not work as a weekly thing, more as once every few months or something..

KristjanMan:
I had an idea reletad to RON movies....
Movies created with AGS!!
I think title may be Movie competition.
Anyway here is the idea...

The host will supply a theme for a movie, maybe a max or min lenght for it and sets the lenght for the competition (should not exeed 2 months or be less than a week). Winner will be voted voting is for 3 days. The winner will start the next one. If someone want they can create throphy for this competition so everytime someone wins he/she can add throphy in his/her signature. ( Thropy will always be the same i would have maken it but I'm not that good artist but i visioned the oscar holding a blue cup).

Thats it.
TY for reading.

Ishmael:
Thanks Mordalles for refreshening my memory. I had this spinning in my head for quite a while, but then I gave it a little rest and almost forgot it...

I thought of an activity where someone supplies a simple picture, and then people add something to that picture. Just one thing per person at a time, the things not having to relate to each other, just that it fits into the picture. A bit like the MSPaint game works, but drawing into the same picture with no set theme. Much like Mordalles' first idea, I know.

This kind of thing could also get out of hand very easily, so it should be quite strictly moderated, in my opinion. Not that the idea would make it through anyway.

skw:
Mordalles,

--- Quote from: Mordalles on 29 Jun 2006, 12:16 ---although, I'm not sure if this will work here.
--- End quote ---

So... where does it work fine? If there`s such place, please link it, I`d like to see it in practice.

I like the idea, but in overall it`s a little too messy. I don`t also know if there will be enough people to follow the restrictions. Generally, we have too many competitions which are in "almost dead" stance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version