infinite monkeys

Started by Mordalles, Fri 30/06/2006 14:51:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

I have committed the 7 sins - lust, vanity, sloth, wrath, gluttony, greed and jealousy but the angel still won't let me pass - what else should I be doing? 

peter

Quote from: jane on Thu 06/07/2006 22:58:35
Quote from: Radiant on Thu 06/07/2006 20:33:24
Almost there :)

Jealousy is the same as envy (nor, do I think, is it mentioned in-game). Seven sins, not eight.

am totally confused by your comment Radiant - the TV gave the sins to loook for as lust, envy, sloth, wrath, gluttony, greed and jealousy - I have now collect 6 sins so should I be looking for envy or not as I have found jealousy?Ã,  Totally stuck again.

How do you collect sins ?

jane

As in real life you have to do wrong things and then tell the angel, and then she will let you pass.

have you visited the hotel and listened to the TV, it will tell you the sins to do, but there is a mistake - the envy sin should be vanity.

peter

Quote from: jane on Fri 07/07/2006 15:59:31
As in real life you have to do wrong things and then tell the angel, and then she will let you pass.

have you visited the hotel and listened to the TV, it will tell you the sins to do, but there is a mistake - the envy sin should be vanity.

But how do i know when i have did a sin.
how can i steal the golden watch

jane

Quote from: peter on Fri 07/07/2006 16:05:37
Quote from: jane on Fri 07/07/2006 15:59:31

how can i steal the golden watch

When you have commited a sin speak to the angel (use insult verb) you will get pop up box and write your sin and the angel will make a note of it.

how can i steal the golden watch - you need to get the soldier to distract him

Adele

Quote from: jane on Fri 07/07/2006 11:01:18
I have committed the 7 sins - lust, vanity, sloth, wrath, gluttony, greed and jealousy but the angel still won't let me pass - what else should I be doing?Ã, 
Spoiler
Have you typed in "envy" yet?
[close]
lava lamp?
Spoiler
I have tried everything on the lava lamp , even tried throwing it in the clouds. Where can I break it?
[close]

Kurisutsure

Hello! Cool game, but I'm wondering if this is a bug (and if it's not can someone help me out?)
Spoiler
I've commited two sins(gluttony and sloth) and have just stolen the watch and am taken to the moon bunk, the problem is that I'm wondering if I was allowed to go there yet. these are my items: Game board, herring, cowboy hat(I took it back from m0ds), santa hat, jack-o-lantern, wrist watch, and laser gun)
[close]

Radiant

I have committed the 7 sins - lust, vanity, sloth, wrath, gluttony, greed and jealousy but the angel still won't let me pass - what else should I be doing? 
The seventh should be "envy", the angel won't understand it otherwise.

Quote from: Adele on Fri 07/07/2006 18:20:43
lava lamp?
Spoiler
I have tried everything on the lava lamp , even tried throwing it in the clouds. Where can I break it?
[close]
Spoiler
Try the hotel.
[close]

Quote from: Kurisutsure on Fri 07/07/2006 18:22:23
Spoiler
I've commited two sins(gluttony and sloth) and have just stolen the watch and am taken to the moon bunk, the problem is that I'm wondering if I was allowed to go there yet.
[close]
Sure, why not? To my knowledge the game doesn't have dead ends.
Spoiler

Examine the watch closely.
[close]

I suppose I'll add a few hints to the game, fix the jealousy typo and re-release :)

Adele

Thanks for the last tip Radiant! It was so easy to miss something, I thought I had tried that ages ago, but I guess I was a bit off. :-\
Spoiler
The ending was a bit abrupt
[close]
,but overall great thinking cap game.

jane

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 07/07/2006 18:42:48
I have committed the 7 sins - lust, vanity, sloth, wrath, gluttony, greed and jealousy but the angel still won't let me pass - what else should I be doing?Ã, 
The seventh should be "envy", the angel won't understand it otherwise.

Spoiler
Oooops I have got confused with this envy/vanity/jealousy milarky and have realised not done jealousy, so far I have done............

Lust..........cinema
Envy (Vanity)......crown
Sloth......creature
Wrath............unicorn
Gluttony..............egg
Greed............watch
Jealousy.............please a hint on this one[\hide]

[close]

Radiant

Envy...
Spoiler

Think of all the characters in the game. Is there anyone you might be envious of?
[close]
Spoiler

Because of money? Nah. Because of skill? Perhaps.
[close]
Spoiler

Is there someone who is better than you in something trivial-yet-annoying?
[close]

peter

please write a walkthrough .
I have only done the gluttony sin.
i read the hints but can't found what to do.
what to do with the creature, game board, herring, room key
how do i get the crown and watch. how to get in de cinema.
how to found a rock , fix chair, axe  paper, lamp ?

jane

Thanks Radiant BTW Great game but it really should come supplied with headache pills! ;)

Spoiler
Ã,  try mending the stool - you have something in your inventory which will help, then you will be able to progress further with the game[\hide]
[close]

jane

Finally got rid of the angel, and entered the tube - can't fathom out what to do in there with dance floor etc. What am I supposed to do next?

Adele

Quote from: jane on Sat 08/07/2006 19:06:21
Finally got rid of the angel, and entered the tube - can't fathom out what to do in there with dance floor etc. What am I supposed to do next?
Spoiler
try shaking the jukebox
[close]

Radiant

Quote from: peter on Sat 08/07/2006 00:46:35
how do i get the crown and watch. how to get in de cinema.

For the crown,
Spoiler

befriend the salesman.
[close]
For the watch,
Spoiler

distract the movie star.
[close]
For the cinema,
Spoiler

bribe the guarding geek.
[close]

Quote from: jane on Sat 08/07/2006 19:06:21
Spoiler

That floor pattern look familiar to you?
[close]
Spoiler

What about the dancers' clothes?
[close]

al77

Read all the posts, but:
Spoiler
still don't know how to free the elf
[close]

jane

al77 .......I think you have to use the watch

Radiant.............I did notice that but am stumped at what I'm supposed to do, have used all verbs with everything in tube but nothing happens............please a little nudge at what I should be doing

Radiant

Quote from: al77 on Sun 09/07/2006 03:30:17
Read all the posts, but:
Spoiler
still don't know how to free the elf
[close]
Jane is correct.

Quote from: jane on Sun 09/07/2006 11:33:21
Radiant.............I did notice that but am stumped at what I'm supposed to do, have used all verbs with everything in tube but nothing happens............please a little nudge at what I should be doing
Spoiler

"Move dancer to dance floor"
[close]
Spoiler

Not every dancer can move everywhere. There is a pattern to this.
[close]
Spoiler

Pay close attention to their hats.
[close]

al77

Well, I finally got
Spoiler
the watch, but now I'm in prison, and wearing watch and lantern, I tried but can't open bars or do anything else[\hide]
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk