Previous topic - Next topic

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

The Lapaset Team presents...

The Tales of Mr. Oyd

TEH DOWNLOAZORED:-> mr_oyd_demo.zip

Who is Mister Oyd?

Screenie thingies!

Some story:

The game tells a story of mr. Oyd, who is telling a story to the kids at a campfire. He tells a story about a little blob called Moel, who is at a campsite somewhere in the northern parts of the globe. He must survive many different quests and the horrors of The Tent of DOOM. You, of course, play as Moel and must help him get through the greatest journey of his life!

Features:
Original soundtrack by Petteri, Inkoddi and Haddas.
Graphics and animations by Inkoddi.
Custom interface designed and coded by Pablo with the help of visy.
Real story by Petteri
Dialogue, story and voice acting by visy.
Quite a bit of the minigames by visy & Ishmael.

Pretty much everyone here at Lapaset has contributed somehow in the game. Ishmael and Stickieee have been giving a lot of nice story ideas, also they've both been a huge help while coding some hard stuff. Jet also has contributed his few ideas and we want to implement as many of them as we can.

A sample of the speech of the narrator (played by visy!) narr16.ogg

The game is going to be quite short. Also it includes quite a lot of Lapaset in-jokes so it might not be appealing to everyone. Still we're planning on making it very fun to play.

Development Progress:

Story: Written and under work
Scripting: really a quite nice amount of lines
Graphics: much more than before
Sound/Music: quite much(ish)

Stay tuned for this very amazing game that's also made of gold and win.

Developer diary:

9 July 2006
Belive it or not, we're still very actively working on this game, even though Lapaset 2006 is over. Me & Ishmael have been working on the minigames & the shadow bug. Inkoddi is at the graphics again!

5 July 2006
Tada! Ishmael coded _another_ minigame for the game. I'm still constantly amazed by the hardcore skills of this group here ;) Look out for the game soonish. And not for the least, it'll have NEW CODE by visy (now how cool is that).

We also have a story now (written by Petteri, brainstormed by others too). That "should" add to the game. Something. Anyway.

Demo uploaded, we'll continue the developement still!

5 July 2006
We've been making pretty much progress in these couple of days. We've completed our first minigame and some new characters. Also we've been recording new voices and done some new music pieces. It's all coming along pretty well. Although we probably won't be able to finish this for the end of Lapaset, we're still planning on working on it after Lapaset ends. STAY TUNED!

3 July 2006
It's a game we're doing here at the Finnish AGS-meeting "Lapaset". We all take part in the creating of this
campfire masterpiece. This project seems like something you could achieve with the "Make My Game"-button (except the graphics by Inkoddi ;)
Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

Kweepa

Colour me glued to the boards!
Looks awesome!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Inkoddi

We have spent all day coming up with ideas for it, most incredibly silly and illogical, which calls for greatness. Yes.

PABBOL '____' and visy are coding like madmen.

Ubel

I just wanted to inform you that I have edited the first post adding quite a lot of new info into it. We've been working on this like hell for the past few days and are all very excited about it.

There's been a lot of progress in scripting and graphics especially. Visy even coded the first minigame and I've completed most of the GUIs. Inkoddi's paintbrush is on fire. So it's coming along nicely. :)

SSH

At last, an Inky-drawn game! Excuse me while I explode with delight.

Chicky

Yay Inky art! What ever happened to that day of the something game you were working on Arvid?

The story sounds cool too guys :)

Ali

This looks great!

Does the second screenshot show a character singing-in-denial about a scary forest or have I misunderstood?

ildu

He looks like the narrator.

Steel Drummer

I'm composing the music for this game:

Ishmael

Heads up people, we has a demo of techyness and explosions.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Chicky

Yay, rock paper and cut!

When i extracted the demo it told me speech.vox was corrupt but i still had voice in the minigame.

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk