TEMPLATE: SCUMM VERBCOIN GUI v1.2 (for AGS 3.0 only)

Started by Electroshokker, Thu 06/07/2006 10:57:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Electroshokker

Oh boy, looks like a few new bugs crept in...

I'm in the process of fixin' them (almost done, will upload soon), but it still has the display text closes inventory bug (even more so, since now for some reason it won't automatically close the inventory guis but gets stuck. only workaround I see is to scrip the closing of the guis, OR just ditch the entire gui label code, as I suspect the two are linked.)

Anyways, I'll upload the "fixed" version soon, and continue to look into this display bug.

EDIT:

In order to get "cleaner" code, I decided to split up the module in two seperate modules, one for the basic interface (inventory gui, verbcoin) and another for the gui-label.

This should make the code more manageable and easier to fix (I hope).

joelphilippage

Im getting a problem. I am trying to make the cursor change to an arrow when the mouse moves over an exit and it turns back to the walking cursor if I stop moving the mouse while it's over the exit. also the verb coin still shows up when I hold down the mouse button over the hotspot.
here is my script:
Code: ags
function hotspot3_a() {
  // script for Hotspot 3 (Go Outside): Mouse moves over hotspot
mouse.DisableMode(eModeInteract);
mouse.SaveCursorUntilItLeaves();
mouse.Mode = eModeUpLeftArr;
if (gGui2.Visible==true) {
  gGui2.Visible = false;
  }

}

[edit] Well I finally got it to work. Never mind.

Electroshokker

Quote from: joelphilippage on Fri 27/04/2007 04:29:48
[edit] Well I finally got it to work. Never mind.

Glad you managed to solve your problem.

In any case, I've decided to swipe off the dust of this module, get it to work better then before, create a new template to go with the module and complete user documentation.

I've let this slide for far too long.

With luck, I can release the whole package (module-template-documentation) sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Electroshokker

A beta of the version is out. Use it as you see fit.

Dualnames

EDIT: Everything works quite perfect. I could fix the code if you like.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Electroshokker

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 11/09/2007 20:39:33
EDIT: Everything works quite perfect. I could fix the code if you like.

Hey, knock yourself out. Haven't got the time myself, unfortunately.

Dualnames

Of course you don't have. But the cod isn't working. And I've made some arrangements. So if you want I could upload the whole deal. I know you've been working on the game already. And besides that you have a real life as well.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Rocco

have you a demo, where i can see your module in action?
cause its hard to say, if your module could be useful for my needs,
without the possibility to test it.

Dualnames

Electroshokker

See http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=32745 for the latest template. (for AGS 3.0, though if you import the module code in AGS 2.72 it should work too)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk