Duty and Beyond

Started by Mordalles, Wed 12/07/2006 22:54:07

Previous topic - Next topic

mags_don

What an awesome game!!!!!!! ;D Thouroughly enjoyed it! I ended up with 352 points tho :-\. and didnt get Bess? How many endings are there? And is there a short clip at end if you do get all the points? Anyways, great great work and do more!!!!!!! :D

Mordalles

thanks everyone for their comments and feedback. and thanks for giving it a go.

you can get 355 points, and still not get bess. her sidequest has no points attached to it. and yes, there is a small (lame) little clip if you do get all the points.  ;)

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Besh

Caz.. 351.
Awesome game Mordalles, amazing music and brilliant graphics.

...the best game of the year??? PROBABLY (this is my opinion therefore I don't want to start a discussion).

Do more, please!!!Ã,  ;D
"Spread our codes to the stars,
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

Mordalles

wow, thanks, besh.  ;D

thanks for those who let me know of the dead-snake-bug. i just fixed it. (hopefully.)

Ali

I'm really enjoying this game, and not just for it's nostalgic value. It has captured something of the charming simplicity of older puzzle/adventures that prioritised exploration and atmosphere over character and narrative. It's a refreshing change and a lot of fun. Thanks Mordalles!

While I'm posting I might as well mention a couple of bugs:

Spoiler
Both in medieval world:

The squirrel appears in bizzare positions on interiors - in the middle of the black border.

On the first screen of the world, if I stand far to the left and talk to the merchant on the far right, Piet walks off the little ramp and levitates right across the screen to the merchant. He goes back to ground-level after the conversation, so it's not a big problem!
[close]

Thanks again!

Dreamless

Great game Mordalles! I enjoyed it very much. Kept me busy for quite a while. The hints and tips forum was a must for me to complete it ;D
Hurray i say to you!

Mordalles

thanks guys.

and thanks for letting me know about those bugs, ali!  ;D

José Luiz

I loved this game! I'm sure it's one of the best done with AGS. The graphics, the dialogues and the music are amazing!

I also liked it very much because I was able to solve most part of the puzzles without a walkthrough ;D. It was really exciting.

Congratulations to the team! I hope you make more games like "Duty and Beyond" in the future!
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

Afflict

I just want to say GREAT game Mordalles.

Zanna

Really a great game!
I really like you style... simple, clean, but very detailled...

I loved the london part, maybe you could try an "investigation game" next time ;D

Vlad

Haven't finished the game yet but so far it's great, it's got its own style.

Mordalles

thanks everyone.  ;D

i have to thank scorposer and buloght again for their awesome contribution!

Ali

I loved this game but I hate myself for only getting 345 points and not getting the girl.

Please continue making more games in this style. It's like adventure gaming concentrated: low-res, high-puzzle.

One tiny thing that bothered though me:
Spoiler
Finding a gun in Scotland Yard, and when you 'use' the desk officer Piet says something about her carrying a gun. British police don't carry guns as a marrer of course. This is entirely unimportant though, I don't think realism matters too much in a game like this!
[close]

Thanks again, sorry for my mini-gripe.

buloght

It was a pleasure working (having a 1% part in it) on this unique game! Thanks for the oppurtunity. It was lots of fun beta-testing this (sorry for those bugs I missed).

The Scorposer's music is brilliant and fits every setting perfectly.

Mordalles

thanks ali and buloght.  ;D

i didn't actually know british police didn't carry guns.  ;D thanks for letting me know.  ;)

paolo

Quote from: Mordalles on Sun 30/07/2006 13:40:18

i didn't actually know british police didn't carry guns.  ;D thanks for letting me know.  ;)

Yep, there were a couple of other things that weren't quite English in the London section but they didn't make any difference to the gameplay. After all, this was an alternative reality, so maybe it was a London from an alternative universe. (Mordalles, if you decide to change this, British police officers usually carry a truncheon, which you might call a baton in your part of the world.)

A couple of other little bugs that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Spoiler

* If you go into the treasure room (or some other room in the Egypt section, I'm not sure which) while you are with Bess, and then walk back out again, Bess is behind you in the black part of the screen, outside the room.
* When you are in the submarine, if you go off to the right when you are in the deeper part of the sea, a vertical strip of the part of the room containing the oyster appears on the left.
* After cutting the weed, if you look at the squirrel before picking up the acorn, Piet still says that it has an acorn in its paws.
[close]

But these don't stop the game being EXCELLENT!

Mordalles

Quote from: paolo on Thu 03/08/2006 18:27:04
Quote from: Mordalles on Sun 30/07/2006 13:40:18

Yep, there were a couple of other things that weren't quite English in the London section but they didn't make any difference to the gameplay. After all, this was an alternative reality, so maybe it was a London from an alternative universe. (Mordalles, if you decide to change this, British police officers usually carry a truncheon, which you might call a baton in your part of the world.)

A couple of other little bugs that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Spoiler

* If you go into the treasure room (or some other room in the Egypt section, I'm not sure which) while you are with Bess, and then walk back out again, Bess is behind you in the black part of the screen, outside the room.
* When you are in the submarine, if you go off to the right when you are in the deeper part of the sea, a vertical strip of the part of the room containing the oyster appears on the left.
* After cutting the weed, if you look at the squirrel before picking up the acorn, Piet still says that it has an acorn in its paws.
[close]

But these don't stop the game being EXCELLENT!

thanks, paolo! i'll get right on those.  ;D

eyeCoof

Great game, but I was really disappointed by the ending.

Spoiler
It felt like a giant cop-out, really. I realize it was meant as HUGE EFFING PLOT TWIST but in reality it was little more than a "it was all just a dream!" ending. I'd expected some (absurd, given the humor of the game) explanation as to what was going on, who is Customer 3775... and was quite bummed to get "it was all just a dream... eh... reality show!". Slightly more interesting then "just a dream" ending, but only a bit.
[close]
A joo who does not believe in miracles is not a realist.

SSH

Winzip won't unzip the file: it says corrupt archive and I tried both download sites on the games page  :(

Mordalles

Quote from: SSH on Mon 07/08/2006 15:00:58
Winzip won't unzip the file: it says corrupt archive and I tried both download sites on the games page  :(

i just uploaded a new version, so you probably downloaded right in the middle of me putting up the new one.  ;D sorry!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk