Duty and Beyond

Started by Mordalles, Wed 12/07/2006 22:54:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

I think it's time I posted to this thread!

At last I found a tiny ammount of willpower (what's left in me) and some time to look the game. And then I got stuck! Not in the game, like I would require a hint (yet), but actually in fron of the computer.

I hate you Mordalles!

You've "wasted" my time!

Anyways. Cutting the jokes away, the game is awesmoe. Brilliant concept, good puzzles, the grahpics rock (in this oold fashioned way), and the music (done by Chris) is again brilliant, as is in every other game he takes over.

I wish you all, all the best for a new game in the future.

Mordalles

thanks, ikari and nikolas! you guys are very kind! and of course, i was very lucky that chris agreed to do the music!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Jonez

Great game! Though I only got ~310 points... (I basically just completed the game without doing the sidequests. It was too late when I realized there were any sidequests). But what was it with the gems? Were they relevant at all to complete the game?

But the ending... Seems like no'one liked it. And I'm not an exception.  ;) Maybe you could make an alternative ending? :) I mean I would play the game again if there were another ending (well I think I'll anyway play the game again some day).

Ok you dont have to improve the game anymore. It's almost perfect already :) Just keep making great games in the future. Hope we hear about you soon.

Mordalles

thanks, jonez.  ;D

i doubt i'll make another ending.  ;D it seems like nobody liked the ending, but i liked it. so i'm keeping it. ;D
to get all points and extra little ending you need the gems.  ;)

ninerfan

Wow...that was one of the best adventure games I have ever played period.  It was easily my favorite AGS game since No Action Jackson.  The puzzles were logical and fun.  The inventory was massive at times.  I usually hate this, but it didn't seem to be a problem in this game.

Also, pixel-hunting became less of a factor when I cranked up the brightness on my monitor (especially underwater). 

Thanks for that experience Mordalles.  You and your team really need to be hired by a studio. 

Mordalles

thanks, ninerfan!  ;D thanks for the kind words!

Alusa

Hi,i am in problem..I have many items in inventory,but i can't get,wat word i have to say in grave?i tryed everything and no...nothing i can figure out.Any hint ,please? thanks..

Mordalles

hint:
Spoiler

the answer is in the note you found in the nest.
[close]
answer:
Spoiler

web
[close]

if you are stuck, you can try looking here for hints and tips:
http://americangirlscouts.org/bbc.com/yabb/index.php?topic=27426.0
or, a walkthrough here:
http://indygamer.blogspot.com/2005/06/duty-and-beyond-walkthrough.html
;)

thewalrus

Yay, I finally finished the game with all the points! This was a great game! One of AGS's finest! Hope to see more games from the creators!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Mordalles

thanks, walrus! working on it.  ;D

Snake

Hey, I downloaded this game a while back but forgot to post. I haven't gotten very far - not much time to play, but I love it so far. I love the graphics. Games like that kick ass. Animations rock and the interface is very good as well. It's one of those games to get hooked on very easily.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Mordalles

Nikica

Cool game, but has it a website??

Mordalles

thanks, nikica.
no, it does not have a website.

Afflict

I just noticed this in the side of PC Zone magazine!

Page 134 of the December 06 edition, and you evil Mordalles have never spoken a word about this...  >:(

Its ok,  ;D it was a great surprise. Once again great game, I think I might play it again now.

The strangest part of this however was the weird link...  http://tinyurl.com/jrmv8

It all makes sense now...

SSH

An inspired mini-review! "kooky" used twice and "madcap antics" twice too. Those kooky professional journalists and their madcap antics!

Congrats for your deserved mention in print though, Mordy

TheCheese33

Your mirror is SLOOOOW. Usually, I can get 2-4 MB a second for downloads, because of my awesome fiber-optic internet. Looks good, though, so I'm willing to wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Stupot

Hey, I've just started playing this... Wicked game!!!
but I have a question.
Spoiler
I've gone into the submarine section... will I be able to return to the house at all later in the game, because I didnt get round to opening the safe and now I can't return to the house?
[close]
Great game... So much going on, so much to think about and so many items and I've only been playing for half an hour.. hehe.

jetxl

The submarine is the first part, opening the safe comes later.

landslidepurist

Excellent game! You working on more?

Oh, and

Spoiler
is it possible to get the cat out of the tree?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk