Mittens 2009: Pre-Planning *Updated 1/25/09* Location Question

Started by Grundislav, Sun 28/09/2008 00:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco

Hmm, the only thing that would make me want to rent the beachfront house over the mansion is the pool/entrance in front and being by the beach, though I 'm not sure if that is redundant or not.

The Mansion looks like it has much more more character to it (Beachfront hallways look like a museum :/) and definitely worthy of a BJ2 location.

Mansion has my vote :D

Pumaman

So bearing in mind the likely costs of travel and accomodation, is anyone still interested in doing a pre- or post-Mittens visit to the Orlando attractions?

Pesty

Mansion. Mansion, yes. It'd be crazy to pass that place up just for a private beach. Also, HISTORY. Also, it's gorgeous.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Becky

Disco

Quote from: Pumaman on Mon 26/01/2009 20:28:09
So bearing in mind the likely costs of travel and accommodation, is anyone still interested in doing a pre- or post-Mittens visit to the Orlando attractions?

Depends on how much it is in the end. I'm not superexcited to go to Orlando in general, but it would be hard to pass up spending more time with everyone and going to theme parks as a larger group. I would be up for it if it were a two or so day thing,  maybe not longer than that depending on the deals.

*checks*

Hmm, looks like I'll be going to a gallery show opening in Chicago on 10 July, so a visit after the official Mittens week would fit snugly for me, but I could most certainly go before if it is more convenient for everybody.

monkey0506

I don't know if I would be able to get more time off work...but Orlando (attractions, not the city :X) sounds great!

Since this will (hopefully) be my first Mittens...what should I expect as the Mittenivities? Aside from the Onion Ring Consumption Competition of course. I'm not entirely clear what this entails beyond simply everybody hanging out and bailing Mods out of jail.... :=

Radiant

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

If I can in any way afford the trip at all I'd probably like to go to Orlando, though I've always wanted to see Key West, and missed the chance last time I was in Florida.

m0ds

Quote from: ProgZmax on Tue 27/01/2009 10:26:10
If I can in any way afford the trip at all I'd probably like to go to Orlando, though I've always wanted to see Key West,

Seconded!

I seriously am not going to be able to afford this holiday, lol

Darth Mandarb

I am okay with Disney or the Keys ... or we could charter a boat and head off to Bimini and try our luck on a boat in the dreaded Bermuda Triangle!!!

Personally I've been to Disney and the Keys many times ... I'd love a little adventure on the open seas if anybody else is up for it!  Beers, deep-sea fishing, a tropical island, the Bimini Road, beautiful Bimini women (??) and possibly some time lost in a parallel universe if the triangle lives up to its reputation!!

Stupot

I think I'm gonna have to withdraw my interest in Miamittens.
Although I'm pretty convinced I would technically be able to afford it, I should be thinking about saving that kind of money for my year abroad in 2010.   I'll definitely up for Brittens, though, and I'm sure I'll see some of you at AdventureX Expo in January.

So as they say on Dragons Den, "Sorry, but I'm out." :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk