The AGS Coloring Ball 25/07-31/07

Started by yarooze, Mon 24/07/2006 22:20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

yarooze

THE AGS COLORING BALL

So, what's the deal?
An image is supplied, and entrants color. A general theme is given, but it is optional. The winner hosts the next AGS Coloring Ball.

This week's sprite:

This week's theme: Uniform.
You can choose any kind of uniform. For example: Modern, medival or antic. Military or not. Male or female :)
It is up to you, so long I can accept it as Uniform.
If you wish, you can give him some kind of weapons or tools.

This week's rules:
- you can ask me if you are not sureÃ,  8)
- unlimited colours (plus transparency ;))
- competition ends at monday 31/07. I use Alaska time, so you have enough time 8).

This week's prizes:
- I'll make some prices..Ã,  ::)
- the winner gets to host the next competition

My Blog

CaptainBinky

Here's mine...

Roman fellow, Gladiator styley.
16 colours (inc. transparency)

A Lemmy & Binky Production

raddicks

Some reason I can't seem to create layers in photoshop (the picture seems to 'lock' the layer)
Any alternatives to this solution?

CaptainBinky

If it's an RGB image it should work fine - are you sure you've not got the lock tick-box selected?

Sorry for the egg-sucky comment, but I can't think of any other reason why this would happen  ???

Babar

Just Select the whole picture, copy it, and paste it on a new empty image window
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

raddicks

Quote from: CaptainBinky on Mon 24/07/2006 23:58:03
If it's an RGB image it should work fine - are you sure you've not got the lock tick-box selected?

Sorry for the egg-sucky comment, but I can't think of any other reason why this would happenÃ,  ???

I see, skeen

deadsuperhero

Here's my first ever entry to this contest.
I give you: the AGS knight!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

PsychicHeart

Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Cino

Quote from: raddicks on Mon 24/07/2006 23:55:23
Some reason I can't seem to create layers in photoshop (the picture seems to 'lock' the layer)
Any alternatives to this solution?

Increase color depth maybe.

Shade

deadsuperhero

Shoot, Shade, that looks way better than mine!  :o
Good job!

Shade

PENG! oh sorry when i read "shoot" i directly drew my weapon and...i hope nobody is hurt... ;)
anyway. you're kidding! yours is good too and because of that we will win this contest!Ã,  ;D

deadsuperhero

Kind of ironic though, we both drew knights. Yours is a knight of a Christian church, like the Crusades, while mine is a knight of AGS.
All in all, this is going to be an interesting contest!  :D

Shade

as i read your post for the first time i thought : oh my god! ags is a religion and has its own protector!Ã,  :D

as for the contest i agree with you! i like the topic very much!

ManicMatt

Obviously mine doesn't count as an entry, but I was just messing about and figured I'd post it anyway.

Ha Ha I am OK

1x

2x

It's a 1914 russian infantry soldier.
It's not that great but I thought It would be cool.
Hope you like it.
I am better than OK, I am Great http://www.freewebs.com/666to777/

PsychicHeart

Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Akumayo

"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Mikko

Lots of good entries so far!

Here is mine, a round-headed samurai:

100% 200%

Esterlin

An early 19th centuryÃ,  Jægercorps Danish Dragoon military officer in 24 colors

x2

sergiocornaga

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/sergiocornaga/acbegu1.gif

Erghah... I'm sure it's some kind of uniform. Can't you just imagine a whole heap of people wearing it?

yarooze

It is awesome, what did you make with my sprite! I like the entrys!Ã,  :=

Can I enter to?Ã,  ;)
Norman Knight:

My Blog

CaptainBinky

Ah, right. I thought I had to keep within the outline  ??? oh well  ;D

Krysis

Heh...

And an invisibity suit:

Lovely, isn't it?  :)

yarooze

Quote from: CaptainBinky on Sun 30/07/2006 15:08:31
Ah, right. I thought I had to keep within the outlineÃ,  ??? oh wellÃ,  ;D

I don't know. The rullz told nothing special about it. "An image is supplied, and entrants color. A general theme is given, but it is optional. The winner hosts the next AGS Coloring Ball."

Till now it was allowed to alter the sprite. here are two CB-winner with altered sprites:

Brain added: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=27078.msg344686#msg344686
Hat added: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=27387.msg348130#msg348130

I think we can discuss it for the future. My opinion, the host has to choose if he allows altering or not and what kind of.

For me it is ok and this time I allowed to alter the sprite a little bit, to make some uniform. As I said: "If you wish, you can give him some kind of weapons or tools." I also have nothing against big hats or whatever...

Of course it is not allowed to remake the complete sprite.

PS. Have no fear, your sprite is awesome...Ã,  :)

My Blog

Mikko

I'm also open minded about little modfications and/or add-ons, since it allows you to represent your ideas more freely. Of course the line has to be drawn somewhere and the original sprite must definately be recognisable.

I agree that it should be the host who makes the judgements. Also I think that unless otherwise stated in opening post, the sprite could be modified (subtly) by default.

CaptainBinky

Fair enough then, I'll bear that in mind for the future. I guess I just took the word colouring a smidge too literally  ;D

Krysis

yarooze

Sorry, I was working longer today. It was a long day...Ã,  :P

Ok. We have so many entrys! Let's see them...

* Krysis: I don't know which one is your entry, but since the invisible man is uhm... invisibleÃ,  :) I count the cool night sight suit as entry. Looks dangerous...Ã,  8)

* yarooze: uhm...Ã,  ::)

* SergioCornaga: The only one made female uniform! May be some kind of boarding school? Very cute...Ã,  ;)

* Esterlin: Very impressive! Is he really correct? Every button? ;) I like him.

* Mikko: Was that really my sprite? You guys push my sprite far over its limit.

* "Acqua" Akumayo: This one may say: "If you want to learn the art of kung-fu..." heh-heh... :)

* Ha Ha I am OK: Bumbarash? One of thoose poor peasants, that imperialist throw into the war. I like him, he looks cute... :)

* ManicMatt:Ã,  :o :o :o oi... I'll get nightmares tonight... Which country has THAT as uniform?Ã,  Ã, ??? Very spooky... ;)

* Shade: One of the round headed knights! Very nice entry. I hope it isn't blood (not his blood) on his robe... :)

* raddicks: Since your entry is funny, I don't think that THIS guy is worth to win. He had his chance 60 years ago...Ã,  >:(

* Flukeblake: Civilian! Cool! What is he? Looks funny... :)

* Alliance: Another round headed knight! This one visits people that don't like adventure games and punishes them (I mean, he punishes people, not games) ;)

* CaptainBinky: Ave caesar morituri... SPQR... ghm... quesque tandem... sorry my latin is not very good... I mean: impressive... Only an hour after I started this competition...Ã,  :o

So boyz and girls. We had many very good and different entrys. Now I have to say, who wins... I don't like to do that, but I have to...Ã,  :'(

At first I'm glad to tell you, that every participant got this keyring: so you'll never gonna loose your keys in the future... :)

And the winner is... tada!

CaptainBinky with his gladiator:

Congratulations! Here is your trophy:

It is your turn. :)

My Blog

Esterlin

Congrats to all the competitors, all the sprites were great.
And a well earned prize by Blinky, it is an amazing sprite and with just 16 colors.  :)

CaptainBinky

YAY!  :D  :D  :D

My first ever prize! Thanks!
I'll have to get my thinking cap on for a cool outline!

;D

Nikolas

YAY! For Captain Binky! YAY!

Not trhat the other sprites were not as great as his, but not greater!

And as a side not, yay! for fluke who thought of the contest and is doing so well :)

And yay! for yarooze for a brilliant sprite to colour :)

yay! to everybody!

CaptainBinky

Do I just post a new thread now?
I've done my outline.

edit: oh heck! I'll just go ahead and post. I don't mind being shouted at! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk