Knightsquire

Started by buloght, Tue 25/07/2006 22:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

buloght

Thanks all for the kind words :).

Afflict

What can I say the game is visaully stunning! The storyline was very cool and the music suited the game perfectly.

I love the characters, they all have personality and are well "polished" The humour in the game is perfect! The Knight is by far the kewlest!

Tracubetto

First of all, very nice game!

But i'm stuck, anyone can help me?

Sorry, i don't know how to do spoiler, so i use the classical mailing list use of it:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Spoiler
i'm stuck in the second scene, at the ogre tower, i've defeat ogre, and now i don't know what to do. I'm trying pulling candle but they seem to do nothing... I've a sword, a feather, a bow/arrow, a rope
[close]

HELP!
Nico

edit: I edited the post to hide the text. just type [ hide ] your spoiler [ / hide ] without the spaces and it'll work.

buloght

Hi :)

Spoiler

There are two candles (left and right on the wall in the tower), you need to pull both with the squire. Then make sure Knight and Squire are in the tower, then let Knight speak with Squire or Squire with Knight.
[close]

Buckethead

That part was pretty un clear IMO , it didn't make much sense to me. I don't get why you made it like that  :P

Tracubetto

Hi!
i was thinked this could be the right solution but haven't tryied it because...

Spoiler
squire understand that candles are levers, but cannot speak with knight, and knight (the stupid one, really realistic!Ã,  ;) :D) can speak with squire but think that candle are just candle
[close]

anyway, a great game! :-D

Nico

Nikolas

Quote from: Mr. Buckéthead on Mon 06/11/2006 08:40:16
That part was pretty un clear IMO , it didn't make much sense to me. I don't get why you made it like that  :P
I actually solved in the first time I tried.

I just got into the idea that knight and squire need to work together. Plus he had already given that "hint" into the game.

anyways indeed a not amazingly smooth puzzle, but I think that it was really fair and clever of B to put it in. :)

Buckethead

I must of missed the hint, that's the only part I got stuck at. Oh well , I love the game and it's brilliant!!  ;D

gypsysnail

I HAVE to say something here!!!! For the first time, tonight I unzipped the game and played it (oh I love Friday nights, end of working week, relaxation and game time!!! :D) AND the game exceeded my expectations! I really loved it, not surprising the game won something in the annual awards, I think thats actually how I found the game. Bloody brillant in everything including the puzzle levels, hard but managed to finish the game and I learnt some valuable things from this game - how to make puzzles as hard as I can for players :). I personally think players love getting stuck even if they don't seem like they like it and get frustrated :P - I know I do love getting stuck in a game. Buloght, thank you for such a fantastic game and gorgeous graphics! Truely a pro! I think maybe you should consider making more games like that, on a longer level, and levels of puzzles, the harder it gets, etc... and sell them. Just an idea... :). U got talents there. (I must mention too that there are quite a few talented people on this forum, talents in many areas).
Cheers,
Snail
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

buloght

Thanks buchethead :)

Thanks gypsysnail, you are very kind  :).

gypsysnail

Aw thanks Buloght, I felt I had to say something. Usually if I really feel the person deserves a compliment for their work and I feel they have a talent then I have to say it :):). Anyhow hope you will consider the idea cos I reckon we need more games like Knightsquire, but much longer games ;).
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Da_Elf

whoo hoo great little game there.

buloght

Quote from: gypsysnail on Fri 10/11/2006 16:30:28
Aw thanks Buloght, I felt I had to say something. Usually if I really feel the person deserves a compliment for their work and I feel they have a talent then I have to say it :):). Anyhow hope you will consider the idea cos I reckon we need more games like Knightsquire, but much longer games ;).

Thanks gypsysnail :). I'm working on something more medium to full length at the moment, but not another Knightsquire type game (and not the family treasure 2).

Afflict

Aha its that umm other game ???

Man you dont know how good it is to hear those words!

"I'm working on something more medium to full length at the moment"

Da_Elf

awwww. i was looking forward to family treasure 2

buloght

It'll still be made, I just got distracted  :), stop bumping my thread and go and make your asterix game  :D

Thank you Buloght for this game!

I finished it very quickly but absolutely loved it :)
Two characters game is really funny.

Hi all ;)

buloght

Snake

Just finished :)

Alright, man, Knightsquire slap's the cat's ass!
I'd love to see a full length game with the same two characters, same concept, same humor and definately the same scene layout. I loved the BGs. The puzzles were fun too. Overall, it absolutely rocked. There were a few times I'd end up laughing at how the Knight treated his squire, I'd laugh and say, "What a dink..."

Very good,Ã,  Buloght := I loved it! It's one of my new favorites.

I want to see more Knightsquire Adventures!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

buloght

:) You are extremely kind snake. I would like to make a longer version in the future but I struggle really bad at coming up with puzzles (for this kinda game) for more than 2 rooms haha. I'll have to hire a puzzlelist  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk