Results: One Room One Week Competition The Fourth

Started by Gilbert, Mon 31/07/2006 05:22:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

(This is a restored post which was accidentally deleted, thanks to TK for the archived thread.)

OROW is now finished, games have been voted on, and winners decided.

OROW for newbies: The one room one week competition is a small games competition, focussed on making something fun or interesting, within a week.Ã,  No team management issues, no runaway design documents, no epics; just a bunch of finished and often innovative games. The games are voted on at the end, but it's not really about the competition, for most, it's about getting a little game done, so it's fine for everyone and anyone to enter. Examples of previous OROW games that have done well are Anna, Automation, Gladiator Quest, Tomb of the Moon, Alone in the Night... all kinds of things, but all small, don't think too big.

There's no theme, the rules are as before, but also here:

• You have one week to submit your game to me.
  • It can have any number of rooms.
  • You may work with someone else if you wish, but working alone is encouraged.

Competition is over, download the games and later, vote on them.

Download Games (45MiB)
Split files, for dialup

And the Results...

33 people voted in all, and lots of categories were close, but I'll just announce the winners in each.Ã,  One game has taken most of the categories, but it's not quite an Automation style perfect win.Ã,  Here are the winners:

The highest scoring game for sound is The Heist!
The highest scoring game for graphics is The Heist!
The highest scoring game for writing is Heartland!
The highest scoring game for design is The Heist!

This OROW's Best Game is... The Heist! by AJA and Mad Reizka.

The game authors are as follows (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't always write down people that helped, especially):

A Gunshot in Room 37: Ishmael, with music by Vel
ASL: Edmundo with music by Trapezoid
Hallway: Mordalles
Heartland: LimpingFish
Keyboard Madness: BOYD1981
Rosella Wilson Meets Helm: Grundislav
Soren Quest: Erenan
The Heist: AJA and MadReizka
The Loathesome Man: Anarcho
Wooly Rockbottom and the Golden Beard!: ProgZmax

Well done to AJA and LimpingFish, all that finished and entered games. A number of people have told me they thought this competition was the best quality yet.

If you want to see how the voting went in detail, or how far your game was behind the winners, you can take a look here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk