Smokers Die Younger

Started by Unknown_Terror, Sun 28/01/2007 01:30:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown_Terror

Hi guys, this is the first game i'll have actually ever made and heres a screeny of the first room so far.

The Living Room - The TV & Plug socket (Eminating smoke) are animated

The Hallway - With Plant & Lamps + A small Puzzle to get the game going

The Kitchen/Small Room - Usual Kitchen Appliances + When you first enter the room you have to complete a puzzle to turn the light on.

So before i give the whole game away i'll tell you about it:

Basically my game is gonna be all about the journey you go on sometimes just to buy a pack of cigarettes....There will be the normal sort of things you'd expect from an Adventure game in my game, except i will be mainly focusing on humour, graphics (to the best of my abilities) and the characters in the games personalities. The main character is called Lambert B. and he's about to go on a major journey to get his fix of nicotine.

Story = 100% ( I've written it all down )
Scripting = 12%
Graphics = 12%
Sound/Music = 0% ( Haven't started on this yet, but there will be sounds )
"To Live a Perfectly Normal Life, You Must Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal"

CosmoQueen

Cute graphics! Did you draw them yourself?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Unknown_Terror

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Sun 28/01/2007 01:43:12
Cute graphics! Did you draw them yourself?

Hehe Yea I didÃ,  :)
I'll be drawing the whole game on my own
The walls in this room look a bit bare which is why i added the picture frames, but i think i still need something more, I'll work on it, maybe some border type wallpaper across the top will suit it.
"To Live a Perfectly Normal Life, You Must Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal"

nihilyst

I'm not a smoker, but it sound pretty cool.

But when posting pixel-art, you shouldn't save it as .jpg, because it will get a massive quality loss. Try saving your pics in .png.

I'm looking forward to your game. How long will it be?

Unknown_Terror

Well i'd say a month maybe a bit more. Should have posted predicted release time in the first post but nevermind.

Depends how much time i have considering i work a full time job during the day. But i'm basically having alot less sleep to speed up the process. I think i work alot better at night anyway.
Thanks for the tip on posting pics, yea i should have thought of that, i usually tend to go with low quality/fast download formats for pics, but it's not the 56k age anymore, I will do that in the future.

Darth Mandarb

I'm looking forward to you reading the forum rules ...

PM me when you have and are ready to follow them.

Thanks for the second screenshot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk