Dr. Lutz and the time travel machine

Started by Art, Tue 21/11/2006 03:46:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Are you ready to find out what happened to the dinosaurs and their extinction?
Then join Dr. Abraham Lutz in his attempt to reach that long passed Jurassic Age using one of his inventions:The time travel machine.

Our Doctor is desperately trying to prove his own theories about why the big reptiles vanished from Earth 65 million years ago and at the same time, make a fool of one of his paleontologists colleagues. And the only way to do that is going to the Jurassic and checking by himself.

Of course, getting there wont be that easy as he thought. Honouring the lasting tradition of adventure games, our old Doctor is going to need a lot of help to bring his journey to a good end.

The story will take place in different spaces and times and will grab a laugh from you here and then (well, that is what I hope) given that the Doctor has a penchant for a cynical humour.

The game is being made using a 320-200 resolution at 16 bits.

Screenshots

The whole game progress is at around 90% broken down to:
- graphics 95%
- puzzles 100%
- scripting 100%
- music/sound 80%

All background art is done and the sprites and animations are almost completed too.

The sounds have almost the same amount of completion but for the music I have a really, REALLY GOOD NEWS!!

The soundtrack of this game will be delivered by Greg Geoffkhan Schlaepfer. Yes, that Geoffkhan, the guy behind the two Apprentice games and Super Jazz Man, all courtesy of Herculeran Effort Productions.

Right now I am sure the game will be a success just because of the music.

The release will be maybe around January but perhaps a little earlier.

Sorry guys but this time is not a Robotragedy, but then, who knows.
¡¡¡UPDATE!!!
I want to add now that all the in-game text is done and written, so I'm looking for some volunteers to check the English in the game and avoid any misspelling(I'm cuban and Spanish is my tongue) and if somebody wants to help doing any translations that would be great, even an spanish translation.
Contact me at: reservas1.mla@solmeliacuba.com
Please, address the mail to my name: Pijin.

Darth Mandarb

FORUM RULES

I received a PM ... this thread will be updated.  Please do not comment on the rule breaking.

Awesome style ... thanks for the update!

Gregjazz

edit by Darth - pix moved to the first post - Thanks Geoffkhan :)

Sparky

This looks pretty solid. I will definitely give it a download upon release. Have fun adding the final spit and polish!

Afflict

Sounds like fun, and it looks GREAT!

Keep it up!

ildu

Looks great, but for maximal effect, you should really ditch .jpg and just have the screenshots in .png format. Even with the seemingly lossless compress quality, jpg degrades pixel images noticeably. It may not be very noticeable now, but if you look at the images at 50% size, it's very clear.

fentongames

I like the look of this! Nice graphic style and one of my favourite genres!

I'm looking forward to this!
Time Kid, coming this summer.

Nikolas

So...

Greg? Pjini? Are we expecting a release around 2006 time?

This game has serious chances for awards. The race for the awards is on! YAY!

Screennies look real fun and the story as well. And the percentage ard also great, no matter if the inital post was sooooo off tracking.

Way to go! YAY!

MalleTheRedPhoenix

Awesome! The pictures are REALLY awesome! I look forward for this game, because it remainds me of Day of the Tentacle.

Ubel

Hey this looks even better than Robotragedy. And it really reminds me of DOTT. Not only because of the wacky style but also because of the composition of some objects (like the doors) in those backgrounds. Anyway, good luck with it!

Redwall

You do realize the dinosaurs died out at the end of the Cretaceous, right? The Jurassic ended about 140 million years ago, long before the dinosaurs died out. ;)
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Buckethead

looks amazing!!  :D Can't wait to play it  :)

Steel Drummer

Very tuff backgrounds!! Very LucasArts-y! Can't wait for the game!
I'm composing the music for this game:

thewalrus

Awesome looking stuff..... I can't wait to play your game. Also welcome to the forums and our great community!!!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Layabout

There are good n00bs and bad n00bs. This is extroadinary. Well done mate, and welcome!
I am Jean-Pierre.

CosmoQueen

Looks great!! And I'm glad to see that it's almost done!!!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Footer

Yessss! That's what I think will be a very gooood game! Awaiting and hoping and sighing for it...  :D
One must always try to win without cheating... always. TACKLE HIS LEGS!!!

m0ds

Snake

This seems like it'll be an awesome game :D I love the time traveling idea especially! You're graphics are freakin amazing, I love them!

Can't wait for it's release! Be sure to keep us posted!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk